Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many different scents do you wear...

On a typical day, How many different scents do you wear?

Do tell!
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How many different scents do you wear...

OK, I'll go first.

Regular day: 1
    Day where I'm testing something new and I don't like it after living with it for about 8 hours: 2
    Day of shopping: As many as I can find skin for...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

On a typical day, two--one in the morning, one in the evening or at bedtime.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Normally 1. Occasionally 2 if the first one has worn off. Now and then I have a fragrance-free day.

Post Thanks / Like

At least 2- 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening after a shower. Sometimes I will wear a third if the mood feels right and a scent has faded enough.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

2, sometimes 3 depending on the scents. I work out before showering in the morning (sent 1), then my daily scent (#2), and if it's faded then after dinner is #3. This is a fairly new 'schedule' as I used to only wear one per day. The nice thing about this new schedule is that #1 and #3 can be short-longevity scents. I've found that poor longevity no longer turns me off from buying a particular bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

At least 2, morning and night. Some days I go a little OCD and just keep layering.

I usually wear anywhere between one and three on an average day, as my mood takes me.

Sampling is a different story though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bloom View Post
    I usually wear anywhere between one and three on an average day, as my mood takes me.

same same

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just one.

But when I was working I often changed my scent after coming home, so then it was two.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Usually one. Most fragrances cling to my skin for long enough that it would interfere with a second SotD, but sometimes I end up showering and reapplying or layering when I'm in the mood.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bloom View Post

Same here.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm at home and it's a non-sampling day, I typically will wear three - morning, afternoon, and evening scents. If I'm substitute teaching or out doing other things, then two. One in the morning that lasts all day, and one for the evening after I get home and freshen up. It's not that I'm so programmed about it, it's just that if I have a choice I'll reach for different scents at various times of the day.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I to 3 a day depending on what I am doing. If I 'm going to the gym- it's something not too offensive ! Then ,in the afternoon, I usually wear what I really want and sometimes in the evening, I change .
    If I'm at home, I'll blast away with scent others don't really like or are too strong.
    On a shopping trip , oh my - I go nuts. Lots of trips to the restroom to wash it testers and continue.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd June 2009 at 01:23 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Usually one but sometimes a second one later on in the day.

Like rogalal, as many as possible when I'm out shopping!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the longevity of the scent, of course, but generally

AM
    Early afternoon
    After work
    Bedtime

I tend to have dry skin, so I can do several a day, usually. A minimum of 3 unless I'm testing.
    I envy my husband, as his oily skin keeps a scent for at least 24 hours.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Probably one 70% of the time.

Two 27% of the time.

None 1% of the time.

3 or more 2% of the time. These are days I am testing a lot or am entirely dissatisfied with my choice for the morning and have the freedom to change (e.g., on a weekend).

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a good question!

Two. One is applied after breakfast, then, when everyone else heads off to bed at night and I watch late, prime-time TV from the couch, I almost always apply Yves Rocher Iris Noir (which I don't care for in the daytime at all). Weird how the nose gets circadian cravings.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wear one after my shower in the morning every day.

Depending on how much is left when I get home at night I'll wear another or test two or three to get initital impressions on my skin before giving them a full wear.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Usually one. But sometimes I test another one on my arm after work. And sometimes I reapply the scent of the day. Now when I'm wearing odalisque it's a bit difficult to test because odalisque still smells after more than 13 hours. and I don't have to reapply either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Usually just one. I may do another SotE if I shower in the evening or really can't detect anything left over from my SotD. Once in a while I crave something to put on before bed, but I'll more frequently use some lavender hand cream to sleep in.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Post Thanks / Like

In general, one. However, I will often test drive scents before I work out in the morning so then it might be two more before I shower. In the evening if I am going out I will also put on a fresh one. Sadly, that isn't often enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Usually, one after my morning shower and one after my evening shower, a bedtime, comforting scent.
    ~ Anais ~

Quote Originally Posted by ChantillyLace View Post
    At least 2, morning and night. Some days I go a little OCD and just keep layering.
    Agree with this, I find it has faded enough by evening that I either shower it off or reapply over the top of the old. On occasion I layer it up for a different scent altogether. I also like to use good scented lotions to layer scents and the effect is very pleasing. When I shift or move I can smell the different fragrances coming off my skin and so do other people. It adds a whole new aspect to my skin scent that is very noticable. Plus hydrated skin shines, so I highly suggest finding a lotion that works for you and then putting perfume on your clothing and personally I scent my hair as well. Because my hair is long, when I turn it swings or swishes in the air and I leave a scent trail behind me when I walk. I always have people I don't know approach me in the public to tell me how good I smell. So what I'm doing must be working for everyone else as well.

Zero to three.

On a three day, it would be morning, evening, and bedtime.

This isn't including things like scented bath oil and bubble bath. Then I'd have to up it to five some days.

Crayfish

One, usually.

Sometimes none (if I'm super focused/forgetful/ill). And sometimes no perfume, but definitely scented (when I work at our compounding department or lab).

Rarely, I might switch somewhere along the line; maybe evening scent craving, or a different flavour for going out.

Sampling is a different situation of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Normally just one, but sometimes two.

Usually one. Sometimes two if I go out in the evening and want smth stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically put on one fragrance in the morning, which I consider my SotD. In the afternoon, if the scent has sufficiently worn off, I put on something else that I hope would be complementary. (Occasionally if I wear something especially tenacious, like a Guerlain, Montale or PdE, I skip the PM scent.) When I get home and if I have new untested samples, which is almost always, I may skin test two scents, one on each arm. And then some perfume oil before bed time.

So, on average 3 to 5.

For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Most days lately, 2. One in the morning before I go to work and another before my husband comes home. Because I apply so early in the morning (about 6 AM), it's usually well gone by the second go around. I have a ton of samples to try out while I'm trying to learn perfume so sometimes I do try more. Although the Chanel Cristalle EDT I put on this morning has had amazing staying power on my camisole, so I haven't reapply lest I aggravate my perfume allergies with too much scent.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Most days I wear one.....there are times when I wear 2.....There are times when I layer 2 scents so that would also be 2.....on a rare occassion I might wear 3 in one day.
    When shopping and sampling.....I will try as many as my nose can take.
    Gary

Hillaire

Everyone is so normal.
    I wear as many as I can. Sometimes, when I am trying a bunch of new stuff out, I wear one on my hands, one on my elbows, neck, feet...and so on.
    Typically though, I reapply when I can no longer smell myself, and I am always in the mood for something different. So... three to four a day?

Post Thanks / Like

I am another abnormal person, on account of a relentless round of testing. Most days find me wearing up to 7 scents (minimum of four), and then I might add one I am not testing to the neck area. And I might well go out like that in the evening, in the hope that they will have all worn off somewhat. My SOTD posts will attest to these strange cocktails, not all of them pleasant to me, never mind the public at large.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 4th June 2009 at 10:05 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I like to track a scent through its various stages, especially when sampling, and so tend to wear one for several hours -- or as long as it lasts.

I will always apply in the morning, before my business of the day. Living dangerously near to two department stores, I often try something different on my way home from work. Having my storage system of samples next to my bed, I often fish something out for a reflective sniff and a dab before bed.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I am another abnormal person, on account of a relentless round of testing. Most days find me wearing up to 7 scents (minimum of four), and then I might add one I am not testing to the neck area. And I might well go out like that in the evening, in the hope that they will have all worn off somewhat. My SOTD posts will attest to these strange cocktails, not all of them pleasant to me, never mind the public at large.
    I feel like that after a trip to a dept store or Sephora -- but the car smells nice as I'm driving home!

Post Thanks / Like

These days just one most often.

I still wear something before bed some days. I'll go through phases where I do that more, or some days I'll just refresh my morning choice.

Testing scents, or applying something in the afternoon if the morning fragrance has faded, these are just not things I have time for with my current job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: How many different scents do you wear...

Typical day includes a daytime fragrance and an evening fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually just one. I'll refresh later in the day if need be.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Usually just one that I apply in the morning. But if I am going to go out somewhere special at night, I usually apply a different fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

At first, I would spray my chest. Gentle scented drafts all day--or as long as the scent lasted. But then the t-shirt or shirt was tagged: I couldn't wear another frag without olfactory clash. So I moved out to my wrists, hands, forearms. Then I realized that I could, in fact, put a scent on the left and right side of my body and not get olfactory overlap. Great! That allowed me to do comparisons, say, two vetivers. Great! Now I find it requisite to wear two frags at once or the day is only half as interesting. (In the evening or before bed, when all the day's frags have worn off, I pick another one (or two) scents to take me through the rest of the day. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I wear two or three different scents on a typical day, unless I'm getting to know something new- then I concentrate on that one.

I usually layer two at a time. So two for the day, and one for bedtime. In between if I'm free, I'm usually sampling and testing different things on both arms.