Code of Conduct

Default I've gotten it narrowed down.. I think

Hello all! I've been on the search for a new scent and I've gotten it narrowed down but I would like advice from someone who knows what they're talking about I thoroughly enjoyed Burberry's the Beat yesterday when I just gave the sprayer a quick smell.. yet today I was really underwhelmed by it. I was actually on a search for 212 by Catholine Herrera.. and just wow. That smelled like liquid pepper and was WAY too strong for my liking. I wish the people who work at these fragrance counters would stop spraying it until the sample card was saturated and limp. Maybe it's just my luck.. I digress. I'm trying to find something bright, clean, and fresh that ends up delicate and musky. I decided to browse through the notes in all my favorites and have found these reoccurring elements : Bergamot, Violet Leaves, Musk, Cardamom, Cedarwood, and Sandalwood. Alas it seems "violet leaves" is the only one that seems relatively uncommon. These were the ones I was thinking about but if you know one that you would think I'd like or one that's similar, but better.. let me know! Especially if it's somewhat uncommon.. I like ones that aren't too well known or mainstream

- Dolce & Gabbana - The One
    - Gucci Pour Homme II
    - Diesel - Only the Brave
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 4th June 2009 at 02:53 AM.

Default Re: I've gotten it narrowed down.. I think

Violet Leaves are becoming pretty common in male perfumes nowadays. Even Burberry The Beat has violet leaves. You could try Narciso Rodriguez For Him...although i won't consider this a bright and clean frag. Give it a go. Another one is Hermes Concentrée D'Orange Verte...very bright and refreshing.

D&G The One - Very nice top notes but they fade rather quickly and all is left is a strong tobacco dominated frag. Try this on skin before buying.

GPH II - One of my favourites. Also has violet leaves. I do find this somewhat similar to The Beat..but this is better.

Thank you very much! Concentrée D'Orange Verte sounds promising, and I'll have to try Gucci again. Unfortunately I only got to give it a quick try before I left as it was hidden amongst a huge tray of innominates. I just found L'Anarchiste which sounds like it may be up my alley.. so I may have to add that to the list of possibilities haha

What are some of your other favorites? I can think of a number of fresh and clean frags that end a bit musky, but could better narrow it down knowing some more of your current preferences.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Well I added most of my favorites to the wardrobe.. if you already looked there then I don't have many else haha. I'm quite picky.. I'm still trying to refine what I don't like and why. I'm pretty much open to anything except ones that are powdery, peppery (some is ok, but 212 is WAY over the line), or overly spicy. I wish I could have more knowledge about this kinda thing but I guess that comes with time and experience. I am very partial to vanilla and amber as well
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 4th June 2009 at 06:20 AM.

out of those 3.. definently GpH II.. D&G the One is to smokey for my likes.. while the new Diesel is a simple cheap ass mainstream perfume.. GpH II is a simple but quality perfume.. and looking at your demands, the one to go.. (of these 3)
    unico grande amore.

Gucci!

I guess Gucci is the winner! I've been finding a lot of scents on here that sound really tempting, I'll have to keep my eye out. Although the reviews on Candies for Men aren't too positive, I love it! Well.. that's an overstatement. I haven't worn it for around 2 years, but I still enjoy it. I wore it lightly seeing as it was very sweet and pungent. It would be great if I could find something that had all the same reasons I liked Candies.. but pulled it off better.. like.. sweet and spicy and musky and woody. I think that's what I'd describe it as haha.
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 5th June 2009 at 06:57 PM.

I ended up picking 212 for men on ice. I enjoy it, it's nice and fresh with a bit of spice. At first it just smelled like lemonade or something but the more it dried down the better it got. I also got it since it will end up getting discontinued and Gucci PH2 will still be around. I'll probably get that one too! I'm still trying to find L'Anarchiste but I doubt I'll smell that one anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I ended up picking 212 for men on ice. I enjoy it, it's nice and fresh with a bit of spice. At first it just smelled like lemonade or something but the more it dried down the better it got. I also got it since it will end up getting discontinued and Gucci PH2 will still be around. I'll probably get that one too! I'm still trying to find L'Anarchiste but I doubt I'll smell that one anytime soon
    Thanks for letting us know what u decided to get. But trust me...i have a feeling u will be getting all 3 frags u listed in d beginning

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Thanks for letting us know what u decided to get. But trust me...i have a feeling u will be getting all 3 frags u listed in d beginning
    Yeah I wouldn't doubt it ..except for the Diesel one. I liked it at first but it went downhill

EDIT: The cool thing is that I got free shipping since it was my birthday yesterday.. AND for Father's Day if you spend over 50$ (which I did) they give you a goody bag filled with cologne samples :bounce: At least that's what it looked like in the picture.. I don't care though! A free gift is a free gift

RE-EDIT : It has 14 vials ! I'm so excited
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 19th June 2009 at 09:06 PM.