Code of Conduct

Thread: Opium flankers

Default Opium flankers

I really love Opium PH Edt and have wanted the Edp for some time now. I just cant seem to track it down (any sellers?) From what I gather its as potent as they come and a mind blower. I will get that in time. But what about the other releases? D'Orient De Chine?

Who has experiences with the whole line?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Opium flankers

I have Opium pour Homme EDP, EDT and Eau d'Oreint. I think Eau d'Orient is an excllent flanker of the original, and the addition of grapefruit in it makes it a nice lighter version that is perfect for warmer weather.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For me, it's the heavy EDP for winter, the light Chinese one for summer, and the crisp EDT for in the middle.

Renato

i actually love P Femme more

I truly Enjoy Eau d'Orient and Poesie de Chine, so, strictly in my own subtective opinion, they are worth using and buying.

I tried the EdT and EdChine and didn't like them. Then two days ago I thaught to give EdP a chance not expecting much. It is fantastic! Very different from the other two, in a class of its own, Really worth tracking down.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I tried the EdT and EdChine and didn't like them. Then two days ago I thaught to give EdP a chance not expecting much. It is fantastic! Very different from the other two, in a class of its own, Really worth tracking down.
    This is my experience too.

Although, like moreda, the woman's Opium (the EdT) is so good too.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I was an Opium PH fan from inception. The EDP is far and away my favorite. It is however, very difficult to find and I fear that stocklists are at least 5 years old these days. The EDT is just too airy and powdery for me. Don't get me wrong, It's still a great scent. However, Lp9 is almost identical to the EDP. So, If I can't have Opium PH EDP, I'd rather have Lp9 than the EDT.

The flankers have all been great. The 2007 Eau D'Orient was superior to the 2006 in terms of creativity. The grapefruit opening and relatively mild calone note were/are a very interesting addition to the scent. The Poesie De Chine, despite its unattractive bottle, isn't bad. It is closer to the original than Eau D'Orient. It's pyramid looks decidedly more exotic than the others. IMHO this results more in a better quality frag than in changing the overall feel of the scent. Poesie De Chine is a touch warmer and spicier than the Eaus D'Orient; they are "mintier" with 2007 being sharper than 2006.

You could sort of think of them as:
    Original= Winter
    EDO 2006= Spring
    EDO 2007=Summer
    PDC =Fall

Do check out Lp9 also. It's great stuff.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I own the Poesie De Chine, and have sampled the Eau d' Orient (2007)... I prefer the Ed'O. Though I haven't sampled the 2006 Ed'O, I think all the summer flankers are about 80-85% the same. It's just a matter of finding the reworking that suits you best...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I think all the summer flankers are about 80-85% the same. .
    What he said.

All Opium ph flankers are worthy. Look up the Opium Wars thread where I compared them. One day I'll get to the ladies Opium.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

what is Lp9 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I truly Enjoy Eau d'Orient and Poesie de Chine, so, strictly in my own subtective opinion, they are worth using and buying.

I'm not sure If I understand the differences between these two? How does one discern between the 2006 and 2007 versions?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsugarman View Post
    what is Lp9 now?
    Penhaligons LP No.9 for Men
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

2006 has bamboo on the bottle. 2007 has a bonsai tree on it.

Manicboy just read your The Great Opium Wars of 2007 nicely done good info.