Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Champaca Absolute

I have been testing this for the last few days. I don't remember ever being so indecisive about any other fragrance. It's a floral scent with very good longevity although the scent projection is not as good as TF Tuscan Leather or Tobacco Vanille. I find it excessively sweet....so much so that on close sniffing I grit my teeth because of the irritation under my teeth....I have experienced this almost everytime I've thrust the scent in my nose.....the drydown is really beautiful though as the florals quieten and the vanilla takes a centrestage...

This private blend does not get talked about on the board. Are there any men out there who wear this and consider this FBW?
    The only other Champaca flower fragrance that I am aware of is Ormond Jayne Champaca though I have never tested it. Can anyone please compare it with TF Champaca Absolute?

I have been so taken in with Tuscan Leather and to a large extent with Tobacco Vanille that I want to try as my other TF private blends and buy more bottles if I like them...I tried Noir de Noir as well...it just smells 'divine'....It is one of the most amazing smells but it has terrible longevity on my skin...It disappears in 3-4 hours and hence I dont think it deserves to be bought at its current price...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tom Ford Champaca Absolute

Another Champaca scent is CdG Parfums Luxe: Champaca. Check it out here.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Sur la Plage

I like a majority of the Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances. But I found Champaca Absolute a little too floral for my tastes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Too floral for me too - did you read my review?

Nontheless, someone's very happy with this scent, as it garnered an award at the 2009 FiFi Awards.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th June 2009 at 10:45 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I found it to be quite nice. Very fruity and probably a nice summer scent, but it didn't really stick out as anything amazing. I probably wouldn't go out of my way in buying a bottle, especially at $200.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Another Champaca scent is CdG Parfums Luxe: Champaca. Check it out here.
    Thanks for guiding me towards this Cdg but its awefully expensive at US$265 for 45ml ....beautiful bottle though......I'd surely try to give it a test run

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Too floral for me too - did you read my review?

Nontheless, someone's very happy with this scent, as it garnered an award at the 2009 FiFi Awards.
    Ofcourse Mike....you are such a prolific writer that no one can escape your reviews on most scents ....I was guided to it through a link on perfumeforlife....I am pretty much sure that I want to buy this...Perhaps I was just looking for that little nudge from my fellow basenoters and that's why I posted this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I found it to be quite nice. Very fruity and probably a nice summer scent, but it didn't really stick out as anything amazing. I probably wouldn't go out of my way in buying a bottle, especially at $200.
    Summer scent? I think it's only a winter scent......It appeared mighty floral to me than fruity but when I wear the last few drops from my sample I'd try to seek the 'fruity' elements in it...Ofcourse I won't pay US$200 for a 50ml bottle.....after all this is no 'Tuscan Leather'

I really enjoyed it. It's a very uplifting scent, but I cast my lot with the "too floral" crowd as well.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Damn, I was hoping it's was less floral than the Comme des Garçons.

Luxe Champaca was all tuberose. Headache-inducing tuberose.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    Damn, I was hoping it's was less floral than the Comme des Garçons.

Luxe Champaca was all tuberose. Headache-inducing tuberose.
    Have you tried Guerilla 1 by CdG? A less floral champaca fragrance
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Have you tried Guerilla 1 by CdG? A less floral champaca fragrance
    Hmm that sounds good to me... Thank you Mike!

Much prefer OJ's Champaca to the Tom Ford one. I've been wearing Ormonde's Champaca for the last five years, but the Ford one doesn't even come close. Oj's is much more subtle as far as the 'floral' comments above go.
    Last edited by moira; 13th June 2009 at 11:36 AM.