Code of Conduct

Default ARGH! Four New Fragrances from Humiecki & Graef

I saw these at Luckyscent and then went to the Humiecki & Graef website.

Before getting to them, I should explain my "ARGH!" at the beginning of the post. It has nothing directly to do with the current releases. Previously this house released Skarb. I (and some others) found the imagery of the Skarb marketing to be lacking in taste, with allusions to World War II and the holocaust. That and trying to capture male melancholy for $210 a bottle just didn't didn't cut it for me.

So they have four new ones. And they may be quite good; I don't know. I just have bad memories of Skarb.

Askew - notes: birch tar, cardamom, soft leather, ginger, grapefruit, vetiver, Egyptian mimosa. Sounds interesting. Intended for men. Inspiration: the demolition of the classical men's fragrance. (per the H&G website). Don't ruin it for me.

Eau Radieuse - notes: green banana skin, fresh mandarin peel, fresh Italian lemon, fresh mint leaves, rhubarb juice, bamboo sap. Termed a "futuristic remake of an Eau de Cologne." Green banana somehow does not appeal to me as a scent element.

Geste - notes: soft amber, musk, soft violet petals, soft fir resin. Inspirtation: "A mature woman in love with a young man." Hmmmm....

Multiple Rouge - notes: cinnamon bark, frozen orange note, green pineapple, immortelle absolute, vietnamese cilantro, green violet, peach kernel, ozonic red berries. Interesting notes, but the Luckyscent blurb says, "Imagine a botanical Willy Wonka, creating the ultimate fruit in a hydroponic frenzy: a luscious melonberry, with hints of peach and pineapple thrown in for good measure and a dose of acidic tartness to keep it lively." Somehow I wish they left Willy Wonka out of it.

Okay, maybe some of these are good or great; we will see. Let us all know what you think if you try these!

Their website has been updated. See: http://www.humieckiandgraef.com/.

Default Re: ARGH! Four New Fragrances from Humiecki & Graef

NST reviewed Radieuse in January:
    http://www.nstperfume.com/2009/01/22...grance-review/

Doesn't sound like it's worth spending $200 on and I don't even need to try multiple rouge as I mostly dislike candy fruit scents. Askew is the only interesting one to me, really, I'll try to test in Frankfurt some time soon. But the skarb PR totally turned me off as well and I wouldn't ever think of supporting this outfit with my hard earned cash.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I saw these also and laughed at the marketing... "whirligigs? older women, young lovers? men crying?"

sheesh. And I thought Etat Libre d'Orange was ridiculous.

Basenotes Institution

Eau Radieuse sounds like something I would like - but it sounds frightfully expensive for an EdC type fragrance (ala IUNX).
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

They actually aren't new, they have been around for about a year I think now, at first-in-fragrance, but haven't been available in the US until just recently. I think Eau Radieuse has gotten quite a bit of good press on various review blogs, and I think BN member TheBeck is a big fan of it as well. I have been waiting forever to try Eau Radieuse and I'm ecstatic that they finally got it in at LS.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    They actually aren't new, they have been around for about a year I think now, at first-in-fragrance, but haven't been available in the US until just recently. I think Eau Radieuse has gotten quite a bit of good press on various review blogs, and I think BN member TheBeck is a big fan of it as well. I have been waiting forever to try Eau Radieuse and I'm ecstatic that they finally got it in at LS.
    Interesting that they have been around that long. I figured I would have seen some references here in the basenotes community, but haven't found any discussion yet.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Interesting that they have been around that long. I figured I would have seen some references here in the basenotes community, but haven't found any discussion yet.
    Too many fragrances, too little time.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I think these are all very interesting, and definitely worthy of exploration by any curious "perfumista" !

Most interesting is their deconstruction of the typical "notes pyramid", into what perfumer Laudameil describes as rather more of a "star-shaped" scent construction. (???) ... Highlighting, in the process, more of each of the individual notes (or so it seems !?)

These are also all, (but one) much awash with the "renewed re-fashionable note of the moment" ~ Aldehydes ! ...But taking, this time, much more of a fizzy central theme, rather than their more usual traditional "top note" allocation. ....

They certainly tickled my nose, if nothing else ! ... ~ Very interesting !

Basenotes Institution

Eau Radieuse is fantastic! Too expensive for my pocketbook now, but nonetheless it really impressed me. That green banana note, took me back to my childhood instantly. Plus I'm a whore for a good mint scent.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I have sampled Geste and was really surprised by how accurately the scent captures the smell of a freshly laundered and ironed cotton shirt. The scent stays close to the skin but you get constant whiffs of it throughout the day. I loved it!

isnt C. Laudimel the official perfumer of H&G..?

off-late, im really smitten by experimental fragrance houses such as ELDO & CDG.
    Last edited by jenson; 1st November 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    isnt C. Laudimel the official perfumer of H&G..?

off-late, im really smitten by such experimental fragrance houses such as ELDO & CDG.

Yep ! ... Laudamiel has composed all five of their frags so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Eau Radieuse is fantastic! Too expensive for my pocketbook now, but nonetheless it really impressed me. That green banana note, took me back to my childhood instantly. Plus I'm a whore for a good mint scent.
    Yes this is my favorite of theirs also. A close second would be Multiple Rouge, because they both seem to evoke some past memories, but Eau Radieuse would be the first one I will buy when I get around to it.

I clicked this thread all excited thinking there were four new releases, but then sadly seen it was an old thread