Code of Conduct

Default Which out of these would be best for summer?

Hey everyone,
    Still looking for my summer scent. It gets 93oF / 34oC and humid here in Houston. I would like to know which out of these would be the best for summer, I like them all.

1. Chanel Allure
    2. Terre d'Hermes
    3. Platinum Egoiste
    4. Dior Homme Sport

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Which out of these would be best for summer?

I own all 4 on your list. The temperature over here is about the same too. I would go with Platinum Egoiste as a primary choice. Dior Homme Sport is ok too once the really synthetic smelling topnotes fade. TdH and Alllure can get a bit cloying in high temperatures and high humidity..although i do wear both in the heat once in a while.

If i may, a few other suggestions for summer...Hermes Concentrée D'Orange Verte and Paco XS. Both i feel light and non cloying in the heat but still able to last long enough.

Hey there thanks for the reply. Is Paco XS similar to any of the other ones?

Dependent

nope, not to me

Platinum Egoiste on my husband drives me wild - especially when the heat and humidity gets to it. Purrrr!
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

I sometime think its a more older scent, is it ok for a 21 y/o? I want it regardless, but just asking what people think. I know the Chanel PM is a little too sophisticated for me but the Plat too?

Dependent

sophistication - when and how it matters isnt too consequential

its never too early or late to start wearing something u like and want to. You're already on BN, how bad can it get?
    Last edited by MFJ; 2nd June 2009 at 04:48 AM.

You may wish to get a sample of each and wear them out for a bit, then make your decision.

Personally, I would go with Terre d'Hermes. It gets very hot where I live and this one works fine. Apply lightly.

I owned Platinum Egoiste and whereas it is a great scent, I found it unbearable in the summer heat. Likewise for Dior Homme. These two I wear in colder weather or evenings.
    You are not your perfume.

Out of those I would go with Platinum Egoiste hands down. Lasts forever on me.

I would choose none of them for summer. Though Egoiste might be suitable for some cool, fresh evening.
    Aqua Motu by CSP seems to be a very good summer perfume for men.

I'd go with Platinum Egoiste as well. I'll be purchasing it in the future. I'm 21.

Try Allure Homme Sport man! Much younger, fresher, and better for the heat.

I just returned my bottle of Platinum Egoiste today, it had a sour quality to it on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Try Allure Homme Sport man! Much younger, fresher, and better for the heat.

I just returned my bottle of Platinum Egoiste today, it had a sour quality to it on my skin.
    Yeah I actually have the Sport version. When I got it I thought it would be my signature scent I liked it so much, however now I find it a little too lemony.

rinosaur , I am gonna have to advise against using Allure Homme in summer. Just to sticky and sweet in warm temperatures.

I really like Terre d'Hernes, but have yet to use it in hot weather. Dior Homme sounds like it would be pretty good for summer, but I am just going on what I have read.

Some other recommendations if you don't mind : Sander Man ( 1999) and Versace Baby Blue Jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    rinosaur , I am gonna have to advise against using Allure Homme in summer. Just to sticky and sweet in warm temperatures.

I really like Terre d'Hernes, but have yet to use it in hot weather. Dior Homme sounds like it would be pretty good for summer, but I am just going on what I have read.

Some other recommendations if you don't mind : Sander Man ( 1999) and Versace Baby Blue Jeans.
    Sander Man seems very interesting looking at the reviews, you are talking about the new blue rectangle bottle one right?

I'd pick Dior Homme Sport, though it's nothing like the the original 'dior homme'.. but it's a good cool fresh summery perfume
    unico grande amore.

So many different responses lol, well atleast I ruled out Allure. Surfacing didn't see you put that year on the Sander Man so I just answered my own question lol. I need to actually wear each one to get a better understanding, one spray at the mall of each just isn't enough to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    Sander Man seems very interesting looking at the reviews, you are talking about the new blue rectangle bottle one right?
    Ooops, forgot to respond rinosaur The Sander Man that you are refering to is the new one called Jil Sander Man ( or is it Jil Sander Men ). But that is not the one I am refering to, although it may be a good fragrance.

The one I am refering to is from '99 and does have a blue bottle ( light blue and transparent). I know this is gonna sound confusing, but just blame it on the Jil Sander label. In any event, its a good choice in my opinion for summer although I am still testing my sample out. Modern and wearable, it also has good projection as well. Makes me feel somewhat refreshed without having a cliche short lived fruity fragrance. Give it a shot if you get the chance.

...and good luck to finding a new Summer fragrance.

Thanks alot all, will let you guys know what I picked in the end.

TdH out of those four

Millesime Imperial if you're looking for suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    Yeah I actually have the Sport version. When I got it I thought it would be my signature scent I liked it so much, however now I find it a little too lemony.
    Haha, it IS my signature scent. I'm constantly complimented on it, I personally love it and my girlfriend describes it as it "makes her knees weak".

Lemony? As far as I know, AHS doesn't even have Lemon in it, the top is Mandarin Orange, Aldehydes, and an Aquatic Note. The heart has Neroli, Black Pepper, and Cedar. I suppose Mandarin Orange and Lemon are similar, but shrug.

^ Wow lol I just smelled it again and youre right it is orange. I just always had this creamy yellow-tan color in my mind associated with the fragrance whenever I smelled it so I just automatically thought lemons lol - interesting how the brain works. But yeah, a bit too citrusy I should have said.

Dior Homme Sport is by far the best choice out of those four for summer. The other 3 I wouldn't consider wearing out in that kind of heat.