Code of Conduct

Thread: my wedding

Default my wedding

I'm getting married in two weeks and started obsess over what frag to wear. I just joined but have always checked your reviews before a purchase. I was thinking of dolce the one or canali black diamond. Comments please

Default Re: my wedding

What options do you have in terms of fragrance choices?

Between the two you listed, personally I'd probably go with Black Diamond, but if you have any other options some of those might be good ones!

Or, if there's a fragrance that you really like but don't own, maybe you could score a decant or a good size sample of it and wear it on your big day

My advice would be to wear whatever makes you feel happiest and most confident

Sur la Plage

I personally would buy something that you didn't already have - but something that both of you really enjoy. That way it can be your "special" fragrance that will always remind you of your wedding day.

Congratulations!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally would buy something that you didn't already have - but something that both of you really enjoy. That way it can be your "special" fragrance that will always remind you of your wedding day.

Congratulations!

Oohh, I like this angle too

I don't know what you're working with...

but chose something that isn't trendy. Go with something that feels "timeless" to you.

Welcome!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I have recently purchased attitude, code, gucci by gucci, the one, and some other day frags for the honeymoon. I wanted somthing new, but may be around for a while. I also samples Chanel pm but that's just not for me. I could buy another, but if she found out may not be a wedding.

If you like woody and very masculine frangrances, try the new Perry Ellis for Men. VERY MASCULINE! and as a girl... I love it!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Choose something classic that has been around for a while and that has a chance of not being discontinued any time soon. It's sad when your wedding scent is discontinued (as mine was.)

Make sure she likes it too.

go for Creed: Bois du Portugal if the price doesn't put you off, it has a nice formal taste to it that shouts out: classic. That said it also gives you an energetic feeling, a springy, sensual, confident but formal scent. I think it would suit your purpose. By the way I hope that God blesses your wedding and keeps it on the path of success....best of luck.

I am going out later and will try it. I do love the woods, they just remind me of night life when I was younger. I have a few like aqva, light blue dolce, lacoste green, polo black for day use ( I wouldn't consider for wedding) I am writing this from my I phone so spell check my not be great. And thanks for your replies, your community is a great resource. I have read hundreds of reviews here

I have tried a few by creed, not the one you mentioned. Just wish it was at the mall.

ahh thats a shame because its one of the best of the Creed line. I think they may not stock it instore because it was launched in 1987.

Is scentiments ok to buy from . No fakes

Dolce & Gabanna

I've purchased from scentiments before. They're OK.

Congratulations, BTW, Jack. Just had my 12th anniv.

Thanks for all the congrats. Congrats on your 12th, I'm writing this driving home

Congrats! I like the idea of choosing a new fragrance just for the occassion. You might consider Tiffany for Men - elegeant, romantic and timeless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mossant View Post
    Congrats! I like the idea of choosing a new fragrance just for the occassion. You might consider Tiffany for Men - elegeant, romantic and timeless.

Excellent choice
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

i wore Baldessarini Concetrate for my Engagement and wedding. This scent has been incredibly special for me ever since. i bought it specially for my Engagement but ended up wearing it for my wedding too. the point is, try as many as possible...theres always "that" scent out there which clearly stands out

I think you should wear your what your fiance likes best on you. Or if she ever bought you a bottle of cologne that she really liked (and of course you like), you should wear it on your wedding day.

The first fragrance I ever owned was Eau Sauvage, which my wife bought me 16 years ago. It's her favorite fragrance of all, and is one of mine too. I wore it on my wedding day.

If, on the other hand, you have any last minute reservations about actually going through with the wedding, splash on some Profumum Fumidus. Your fiance will soon become an ex-fiance! Check out the reviews on Basenotes to see what I mean.

On a serious note, enjoy your wedding and congratulations!
    Last edited by shamu1; 4th June 2009 at 08:58 PM.

I am going to try some more tonight, but cant be sure just by a quick smell at the counter. I am going to try to find each one mentioned to "check out." They will know im nuts when they see me again at the store. lol

If you can, see if they have samples for you to try so you can wear it for a day, or if you feel torn between something and want to give it a longer test to see if you really want it, you can order samples/decants often from the manufacturers or places like theperfumedcourt.com

Congrats on your wedding!

If price is no object, I would suggest Amouage Homage Attar. It's what I want me and my future wife to smell like on our wedding day.

I went through the same exercise two years back - thought about it a lot and had it narrowed down first to six, then to three scents, then to the final contender.

On the wedding day, I was getting dressed to go, and I liberally applied some Lolita Lempicka - as I just felt like it - I hadn't thought about it in months.

There's a lot to be said for letting one's whim rule - it saves lots of time otherwise spent wasted on thinking too much about something that really never has a 100% right answer.

Good luck for your big day.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 5th June 2009 at 12:42 AM.

I got back from my honeymoon last Thursday, anyway I chose riverside drive. It was new to me and really "jumped" out. Thanks for all the "congrats." I will get back to reading your comments and spending more money on cologne I don't need (while I should be working ( :

Excellent choice with the Bond, they are one of the most modern, alluring, and attractive houses in operation today.
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

How about, Straight to Heaven ? Think about the meaning and the bottle is gud too
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    How about, Straight to Heaven ? Think about the meaning and the bottle is gud too
    I get the feeling its commonplace for some BN members to read a thread title, go directly down to quick reply, and insert one of their fragrances. He already had his wedding and honeymoon
    Last edited by Sokkou; 30th June 2009 at 05:24 PM.

I probably do the same thing sometimes ( :

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

Congratulations!
    I m with petruccijc....absolutly agree! Congrats!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------