Code of Conduct

Thread: Paradoxe Cardin

Default Paradoxe Cardin

Anyone remember Paradoxe by Pierre Cardin - early 80's release, I bought the extrait for a gift when it was first released and recently found a purse spray parfum and a 100 ml EDP - I'm getting a lot of creamy white flowers (tuberose one of them?) over a woody somewhat incense base - the parfum version is just on the edge of intoxicating but really captivating - not sure if it is classified an oriental but a lot of 80's fragrances tend to be heady and intoxicating - love them. As you can guess, could not find any information about this scent anywhere. If anyone has used this in the past, love to hear what you think of it

Default Re: Paradoxe Cardin

I have it, of course I would, and I adore it. It is sweet, it is rich, it is intoxicating, it is so far beyond yummy. I wish it were still available everywhere.

Here is the only information I have on it, hopefully it helps.

Created by Roure Perfumers; a feminine leather chypre parfum (70%) with top notes of mandarin, lemon and bergamot; heart notes of jasmine, hyacinth, ylang-ylang, iris and tuberose, on base notes of pepper, frankincense, amber, musk and leather,

One of the finest scent in my opinion. Another lost gem.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Thanks so much for the info, somehow I knew you would have this scent, having come across your previous posts about growing up with absolutely wonderful French classic perfumes - totally agree that it is far beyond yummy - such a rich and sumptious heady little powerhouse. And there is tuberose in it - my all time favourite!! I feel quite comfortable wearing it even if it does have a hefty floral heart - I guess there are a lot of masculine notes to anchor it down. Paradoxe somehat reminds me of some Fragonard perfumes - my knees go weak with Fragonard perfumes - such timeless creations.

Hi aaz,

I do remember Paradoxe. It came out during the same era that Cardin put out Choc (meaning "shock", not anything to do with chocolate) - another great early '80s fragrance. Those were good years for Cardin. I note that the bottle for Paradoxe is somewhat reminiscent of the one for La Nuit by Paco Rabanne.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 5th June 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Yup, Paradoxe certainly was a superb 80's production, Jardanel. The bottle for the EDP that I obtained recently is like a round disc with flat front and back with a black and white square cap (non spray), the bottle of the extrait that I bought all those years ago was a little bit like the extrait bottle for Paloma Picasso's first fragrance, Mon Parfum but in clear glass - stunning creation. There is the another elongated oval like bottle for Picasso's fragrance. The bottle for La Nuit is quite different, I find, but the scent is just amazing, I remembered being fully mesmerised by it's dark leathery scent so unlike anything marketed towards women at that time ......

Brielle, would you say it resembles Estee Lauder Azuree or Aramis?

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Brielle, would you say it resembles Estee Lauder Azuree or Aramis?
    Oh, goodness no. It is much sweeter in my opinion, but I will give it a wearing sometime this week to be more sure.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source