Code of Conduct

Default Anyone Tried RPM by Avon?

So I heard this scent is real popular with the ladies, though I have never seen or smelled it anywhere, they rant about how good it is though in its scent. Anyone tried and can compliment on it?

AromiErotici

Default Re: Anyone Tried RPM by Avon?

I have it. It's not a bad frag at all. Inoffensive with moderate sillage and longevity. Along the lines of Kors or Bahama. All 3 have similarities in spite of them being different scents. To me, suede is a common denominator.

Nice, is it just a plain type of fragrance though? Like, do you smell the quality embedded in it when, say, smelling something like Bulgari? Aside from knowing that it is from Avon, I'm talking about smelling it when you're at a party and you' d never guess it is a supermarket cologne because the quality just does not connote that smell Its bottle obviously looks like it comes from Ralph's, but maybe inside is foreign? I really want to get it. Blind buy worth it? What version of Bahama does it smell like? Is it a versatile scent?
    Last edited by Dudester!; 5th June 2009 at 07:38 PM.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Nice, is it just a plain type of fragrance though? Like, do you smell the quality embedded in it when, say, smelling something like Bulgari? Aside from knowing that it is from Avon, I'm talking about smelling it when you're at a party and you' d never guess it is a supermarket cologne because the quality just does not connote that smell Its bottle obviously looks like it comes from Ralph's, but maybe inside is foreign? I really want to get it. Blind buy worth it? What version of Bahama does it smell like? Is it a versatile scent?
    Last fall, I picked up a full 100ml bottle in a thrift store for like $1.00 I wouldn't associate "quality ingredients" with RPM, but it's a friendly frag that suitable for casual activities or even a work frag.

I mentioned Bahama and Kors because they are also inoffensive ( to me anyway) and give off a suede note as does RPM.

If I am not mistaken, RPM smells like Clinique Happy for men....

A few years ago when I was looking to buy Clinique Happy, I was told that I could buy this instead.

I've tried RPM Intense. Decent strong fresh citrus with a touch of woods.

Banned

I used up a RPM 50ml bottle back in '07. That was one cool lookin bottle. It smelled like straight up florida oranges. This citrus note was surprisingly not very cheap smelling. usually lasted for 1-2hrs. At the time I was a university sophomore, and my female friends absolutely HATED it. Not bad for 10bucks I spent though.

Regular RPM smells just like Happy by Clinique. Orange, orange, orange.

RPM Intense is more of a citrusy-marine-lightly woody scent like SirSlarty said.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein