Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default S O T D Saturday, June 6

It's the first Saturday of the month. Time for Sniff 'n' Speak. Today's theme: Citrus.
    Be sure to mention your citrus scent in the SnS thread.

The picture below? One of Twolf's latest creations. Fabulous!

Last edited by Quarry; 6th June 2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Reorienting photo
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: S O T D Saturday, June 6

L'Artisan Jour de Fête on a rainy Saturday (it has been raining for the last three days...) :brolly:

Have a wonderful weekend, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Oh, I completely forgot speak and sniff, but I felt like applying some 4711 in the monring so I'm in!

My scent of today:
    4711 in the morning and later Nicolaï Odalisque.

Sur la Plage

I am going to Disney World today!

My SOTD for Sniff-n-Speak Citrus Saturday is Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Cardamom, Ginger
    Middle Notes: Mugwort, Neroli, Myrtle
    Base Notes: Cedarwood, Lignum Vitae, Patchouli, Benzoin, Leather, Musk, Smoky Woods

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Another piece of astonishing creativity from our beloved Timberwolf there. Gracious, how do you keep your eyes from crossing while you do all those stitches? I am in awe, as ever.

And I have to say 'woo-hoo'! because my vials arrived for the next Blind Sniff. Ooooh! I am notoriously bad at smelling the elements of 'fumes, so my contributions will probably be shoddy, but I will try really really hard to say something vaguely useful. Thank you Asha for your faith in my wonky nose!

And just before I dropped in on this thread to say what my SOTD will be, I spotted Quarry's Speak and Sniff thread and realised today is the first Saturday of the month, so phew! I just noticed that before scratching around on my desk among the wall of scents here (I don't think my desk is necessarily the best place to store my favourite fragrances, but it does my heart good to see the little darlings in front of me). So now I know I will be wearing Pampelune (Guerlain Aqua Allegoria), to bring some grapefruity/armpitty sunshine to a rainy day. (Not complaining though - it's been hot all week and my veggies need the watering.)

Tomorrow, Mum and Small and I will be flying off for 10 days in Wales, for further recuperation, post-op. Though I really do feel like a fraud, as I'm incredibly well. I just need a nap in the afternoon to recharge the old batteries. And frankly, as a person who is probably two-thirds labrador dog, a nap is never a bad thing in my book. (Likewise lying in the sunshine, letting my belly get warm. Though the neighbours complain about that habit. Who wants an untidy-looking middle-aged woman sprawling on the lawn next door? It's enough to put you off your lunch. )

I'm hoping I'll be able to remember (with my Swiss Cheese brain) my password for Basenotes and will be able to sign in from my Mum's computer, but if not, I'm on my regular email, for those of you who have it and feel the need to get in touch. I am looking forward to Small's reaction to air travel. She doesn't remember the many times she's flown to South Africa in the past, because they were over half a lifetime ago for her, so this little hop from Zurich to Heathrow will be a huge novelty for her. What fun! Will we spend the next fortnight playing 'aeroplanes'?

Hope your Saturdays are smelly in a good way.
    xxxxxxx
    Last edited by Wordbird; 6th June 2009 at 10:53 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hoping for the best in Carthusier's lemon-tastic Mediterraneo. But it's just not doing its thing. This scent is designed for a sultry August day on the island of Capri, not a cold, wet day in June, in the damp, old, greystone city of Cambridge!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

benetroessere resort - etro
    Wishlist is pointless.

so out of touch with SnS, but today I am wearing Parure....swoooooooonnnn, (thank you bBbd)

here is a description from Mr Guerlain's website, he captures it well:

Parure really is a bit of a jewel: No other perfume has this kind of contradictory smell, at once feminine and pungent, rosy and dark, fruity and bitter, tangy-green and leathery.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good morning everybody Today I decided I needed some Habit Rouge for the s'n's. It's actually the perfect scent for today,because I need something uplifting for the studying for the oral exam (NOT many days left now!!) The weather is quite grey,so not much a feeling of summer here yet.Hope you all have a great day! Wordbird: enjoy the holiday

Wow, what a fabulous pillow! I love it! I love anything citrussy smelling and color-wise. Actually I'm testing Apres l'Ondee this morning again (thanks, Quarry for the decant! ). I keep trying to love it, and it's very interesting to me each time I try it, but ultimately it's aloof and I just don't find it very friendly for everyday wearing. Not in the sense that Jicky is. Which would be perfect for SnS that I forgot about, but we've got the whole day ahead of us yet. We're going to a crawfish boil late in the afternoon, so a citrus fragrance will definitely work there. I was actually wishing I had something grapefruity the past day or two because I found this pink grapefruit hand gel that I've fallen in love with. I never did care for Pamplelune, but this sweet sugary pink grapefruit appeals to my inner sweet tooth. My husband volunteered me to bring a huge pot of jambalaya as "our" contribution to the party foods, so I now need to shop & chop & cook. It's pretty easy, I'm just lazy about the shopping part.

Wordbird, have a nice time back home in Wales! I hope you will get to log on now and then.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning everybody Today I decided I needed some Habit Rouge for the s'n's. It's actually the perfect scent for today,because I need something uplifting for the studying for the oral exam (NOT many days left now!!) The weather is quite grey,so not much a feeling of summer here yet.Hope you all have a great day! Wordbird: enjoy the holiday
    Ineespenes, Eau d'Hadrien was always my best studying/exam taking scent. That and my lucky Fanny Corsentino pen (she was running for some local office and was giving out these great pens) got me through with flying colors.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 6th June 2009 at 07:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh Wordie, you got yours too?? *dancing around excitedly* Soon as Twolf's got her's our Triumphant Trio will be complete!! Started practicing with Jicky last night , didn't do too badly for having no idea what was supposed to be in it. (don't ask what i thought ... I may be in VM's camp on the subject of civet)

Today's the big day!! Interview time!! The lovely lady I spoke with sounds like an absolute doll, and I'm really looking forward to meeting her. Hopefully she'll manage to find a spot for me somewhere (its a Dunkin' Donuts). Call me crazy, but I want to be the person to provide the goodies that brighten people's morning. Seems very rewarding. And if there are freebies involved...

Its a Sniff 'N Speak Saturday, and an interview to boot... I could totally get away with wearing a citrus... ... this must be fate, this one was on my mind yesterday:

Clarins
    Eau Dynamisante

Wish me luck!! :wave:
    Last edited by exquisitely me; 6th June 2009 at 04:08 PM.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

A first try for Hermès Rocabar: deliciously full of sweet spices but still a very polite and calm fragrance.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Basenotes Plus

Twolf, what a beautiful piece of work!
    Wordie, bon voyage dear.
    ExquisitelyMe, best of luck to you! Keeping my fingers crossed.

For today's Citrus SnS,

Eau de Sisley 3
    Notes: citrus, bergamot, mandarin, grapefruit, lemon, red ginger, osmanthus, patchouli, vetiver, benzoin, vanilla, musk

Have a great day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good luck Exquisitely Me! I'm sure that with a lovely attitude like that you'll absolutely shine at interview. I'd buy doughnuts from you, for sure

Wordbird, I think you should email yourself your BN password because otherwise I might miss your posts too much. "Citrussy/armpitty sunshine" is wonderful! I hope you have a good time in Wales and that the weather picks up a little, it is pretty grim in the west at the moment.

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments yesterday, I am truly grateful that they weren't giving huge tips to beer waitresses with my card! And also grateful that they did spend at stores that I never use, had they bought perfume samples or cloth nappies (diapers) it's possible that the fraud wouldn't have been detected for a couple of days.

Anyway, I forgot about the citrus day today and am wrapped up in Ormonde Jayne Woman, which I can just about smell through my hayfever. I will do a late citrus tomorrow though, with Malle's Colgne Bigarade.

eta, I meant to say, Twolf what a gorgeous piece of tapestry. It's making my mouth water,
    Last edited by Hebe; 6th June 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Oooooooo!!! Quarry/Wolfie....that pee-oh is GORgeous!! I love the composition and you can just smell the fruit...'specially that blood orange. MANY thanks for sharing...(the cleaning lady's tangled up all my computer connections and I can't find the connector for my camera to share the pic of my birthday butterflies Wolfie did...Aaaargh!)

Renee, I am with you on Parure. It's one of the candidates for the birthday dollar investment I'm trying to decide on. (Other candidates: Idole, Frapin 1270, Ubar, Grey Flannel, Givenchy III, (original) Chamade, New York, Or Black, S-ex, Le Temps d'une Fete (or 28 La Pausa) Timbuktu, (original) Shalimar.......)

Bon voyage to Birdie...hope you remember your password, cuz this would be a less joyful place without you.

Positive energy streaming to the Exquisite one for her interview.....

Decided to begin Sniff'n'Speak in Brooklyn...an un-sniffed impulse buy based solely on s(c)entimentalism. (The late wonderful DH was a Brooklyn boy....the notes sounded fun ["Grapefruit, Cardamom, Cypress-wood, Geranium Leaves, Juniper Berries, Cedarwood, Leather and Guaiacwood"]...LUV the bottle.....) but it's not really remarkable and the grapefruit fades fast...leaving a sprightly impression of geraniums, gin and piney woods. Not bad...but not citrus.

So, on to my Burfday Present and current obsession

(Can you make it out? That's AA Pamplelune)
    Realdeal grapefruit. Gonna shower with Love's Fresh Lemon gel first.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 6th June 2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Missing apostrophe
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    ... I may be in VM's camp on the subject of civet)
    Well, you would be very welcome if so, and if you get the job you are going for, you must promise not to add a splash of civet to the coffee, as I found - most disturbingly - in a recent niche scent I tested called Cafe Noir.

As he sleeps, I just appointed Rogalal President of our civet-averse community, as he has the most sensitive nose in this regard.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 6th June 2009 at 02:12 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Saturday, June 6

Patricia de Nicolaï ' s ODALISQUE

What a delicious green chypre !
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

EXQUISITELY! Have you left the house yet? Impress the interviewer with your knowledge:
    The first Friday in June is/was National Donut Day! I kid you not--just learned this from my daughter.

Pet's off to Disney World, Word & Co. are winging their way to Wales -- what fun to imagine our little BN ants crawling all over the globe.

rtamara, your quote from Mr. G is making me think I have to retry Parure when I'm in the mood for a good stink.

Hebe, "Email yourself your BN password." Simply genius--so obvious most of us would never think of it.

Tao, find that cord!

I'm so happy to have the time to be at the keyboard again, enjoying all of you.
    Will rave about Bigarade Concentree in SnS thread.
    Chestnut Cat I miss you, wherever you are!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Asha's birthday??!!

Happy birthday! All the happiness in the world.

oh yeah, I think I'll be wearing Eau D'Hadrien for Sniff and Speak.
    Last edited by darkdreams; 6th June 2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: i forgot

Passage d'enfer

Happy Birthday to Asha!! Have a lovely smelling day, my dear. Not that today is any different than any other day.
    I am constantly amazed at twolf's amazing stitching ability, with a stitcher in the house (not me) I know the skill those pieces take.
    exquisitely_me good luck and knock 'em dead, with your personality and talent, not your perfume.

It is a busy day here as I'm off on a wine buying expedition then to a local outdoor art festival. There's a small chance a Basenoter might cross my path, we'll see. Plus it is Citrius SnS Saturday.

I am House brother with petruccijc in:

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta

Impressions in SnS thread.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Happy Birthday, Asha!

Comme des Garçons
    ODEUR 71

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Happiest day, birthday girl Asha!
    Gemini twins need more than one flavor ... go ahead, have a couple ...

Asha's birthday? And I almost missed it?

Mwa! Mwa! Happy birthday darling girl!!!!
    May you have many happy Gibsons to match your stunning avatar. (I think it's kind of like a Martini.)

Exquisitely Me - good luck dear girl. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Ines - keep studying honeybunch - it really will all be worth it.

Hebe - brilliant idea - cheers, me dear!

PS chuckling over that lucky Fanny Corsentino pen of Lillybelle's - in Britain a Fanny is not the thing a lady sits on, it's what we coyly call 'the front bottom'. You can imagine how tickled I was by the idea of having a lucky Fanny anything. And so talented as to be able to write with it? Oy!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 6th June 2009 at 03:50 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic - It is very juicy and citrusy. It is probably my latest favourite citrus scent in the wardrobe.

Basenotes Institution

Happy birthday Asha !
    Wordbird- Have a good holiday in Wales- I've been to Wales- on those little steam railways . Beautiful !
    Petruccijc - have a good time !
    Today it's Vintage Gardenia by Jo Malone.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Back already! A brief interview, but it went great!! Must have been all the good vibes and the crossed fingers! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!

I was right, she IS an absolute doll! She seemed impressed, but couldn't offer the job just yet, had a couple more people to interview first. She promises I'll know by Monday, if not by Sunday night. (thank heavens for speedy responses, I can't stand the suspense!) I will have my phone attached to me till then.

Can you imagine such a process to be a donut and coffee girl?? Times are tough.

LOL, I'd heard about National Donut Day!! Apparently they were giving 'em out for free! Small wonder my boss was overwhelmed and needed to postpone the interview till this morning! Apparently it was also National Running Day... but I think the only celebrants participated by running to the donut shops!!

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute.... it's Asha's birthday today???

*scrambling to throw a BN party* You know, since she's already in sunny California, I say we join her there... the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills looks suitable...

now we need some goodies....

and of course...

And for the lovely lady herself...

Happiest of Birthdays Dianne!!
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

In and out of the hospital for a long time, but I'm back on my own Basenotes forum.

Today in Heliotrope - Etro.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(((((((((((((((((((lievje)))))))))))))))))))))
    Love having you here and smelling so fine!

Happy Birthday, Asha!

(((((lievje)))), I hope you are feeling better!

I am wearing Escale a Portofino, for the Sniff 'n' Speak but later I am going to change for going out with two friends. Not certain yet what it will be!

Aha! My first SoTD and first SnS.

I'm with Mr. Guerlain on the left wrist: Mouchoir de Monsieur
    On the right wrist, the competition: Caron Le 3e Homme

But had I remembered the citrusity of the day, I'd have donned Acqua di Parma's Colonia Intensa. (What a trio: Colonia, Assoluta, Intensa.)

cheers,
    Tim

Thank you, everyone for the birthday bash! Yes, Quarry, I'll certainly take two donuts, and will enjoy them around the pool that was provided by Exquisitely Me

As my SotD, I am wearing none other than Chanel Coco. I do not think I will be smelling anything else today, lol.

Basenotes Institution

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Two Roads!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Asha!

Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920

First time wearing it, since my friend gifted me a large decant of this, when I purchased a bottle of this for him in LA on my sniff-a-thon with the Basenoter girls (birthday girl Asha, turquoisewater & lushsoup).

Incredibly tart and juicy citrus top notes! Asha do you remember me pulling you by the arm across Barney to sniff this one, side-by-side with Colonia Assoluta by AdP, trying to figure out if this was the one? That was fun - we gotta do that again soon!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th June 2009 at 06:29 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

How I love citrus. I decided to try the sample of SMN Sicily today, in honor of SnS. It's nice. Not as nice as I thought the first time I tried it, much better than I liked it the second. It smells to me, like furniture polish and woodwork, sunny, warm, and yet not crisply citrusy. I may switch the last of my sample of Orange Verte once it wears off.

Mike, I'm sooooo jealous. I think it is my favorite perfume in the world, that you're wearing. I want it so bad, but I can't justify the expense. I love it, but it's gone in 10 minutes after I apply. And then I am bereft.

Wordie - Screw the neighbors.

Asha, many happy returns, and I wish you cake!
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Happy Birthday Asha!!!!!!
    Are you getting any fragrant presents? Do tell.

Welcome back lievje. Hope you feel better and better every day.

Good luck! exquisitely me!

I am wearing the citrusy, delicious Iskander.
    Evenstar

Hi! Again, a busy bout at work has left me unable to be here much and I miss you guys!
    Plus, I forgot about SnS. Shoot! I loooove citrus.

Happy Birthday, dear Asha!!! I hope you're having a super fantastic birthday weekend!

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire

Happy Birthday, Asha! :wave:

Wishing you all lovely and delicious and fragrant things on your birthday!

I'm wearing the sample of Bulgari Omnia Amethyste you sent me ages ago. I've changed my mind about grapefruit. I like it now.

Wink Re: S O T D Saturday, June 6

Lucky Novis2007! I'm out of Odalisque. So far while cleaning, I've sprayed a little Paloma Picasso and later a little Vanilia. When I'm ready to shower, I think it will be Cristalle. It's getting muggy...

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    PS chuckling over that lucky Fanny Corsentino pen of Lillybelle's - in Britain a Fanny is not the thing a lady sits on, it's what we coyly call 'the front bottom'. You can imagine how tickled I was by the idea of having a lucky Fanny anything. And so talented as to be able to write with it? Oy!
    Oops! I had heard that somewhere and forgotten! But surely there have been women in Britain named Fanny?

I'm wearing Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose for today's SnS. Notes include: grapefruit, orange, rhubofix and vetiver.

Sending birthday wishes to Asha Also sending good-luck vibes to exquisitely me and get-well wishes to lievje
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy Birthday dear Asha! All the finest smellies and whatever else your heart desires.

Wearing Asha's Institut Tres Bien Cologne a L'Italienne -- definitely it is NOT its weather today with 57F and rain. What its lemons need -- is sun and hot wind.

About this pillow: I am NOT its designer, but just a stitcher -- needle up, needle down, the pattern can be yours for about $8.00 (or less) if purchased online, it is called "Lemons, Limes and More" by Just Cross Stitch (designer Donna Vermilion Giampa) -- and she also designed Pears, Peaches, Plums, Grapes and several more. You will also need to buy the thread and the fabric. And yes, did I mention that the total count is 28,224 stitches (less than 10 months if you do about 100 stitches per day -- and remember each stitch is basically two -- one up and another down)? Good luck!

Started the day in Diorissimo. It's been more than 2 hours so that's worn off. Think I'll spritz some Bigarade on. I got my Midnight Violet bottle and I'm so disappointed that I'm disappointed by it! I wanted to love it. It's powdery, a bit musky and civety. Is now available for swapping.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Well, I did go ahead and order that sample of Highland Lilac of Rochester and am wearing that today. So far it's really nice --best lilac I've smelled in fact-- but I'm only 15 minutes into it.

Happy birthday, dear Asha!

I am wearing citrus and leather: Diorella.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASHA!!! We Geminis are a growing gang for sure.

I have been trying:

DSH Tamarind Paprika (simply wonderful, yet strangely indescribable - light spice and hints of mysterious fruit and veg)
    DSH Sienna (bone dry dusty cinammon)
    DSH Umber (a muddy mess on me, I am afraid - this features the unique DSH "house skank note", though no civet is involved. It has the vibe of Hoover dust steeped in brackish puddles - or that of dry rot.)
    LesNez Manoumalia ("you cannot be serious!" Humungous, sickly tropical floral)
    The Party The Party in Manhattan (if I was a chypre wearing sort of person, this would be the one for me. Elegant, clean, floral, spice, mossy, just not me. Highly recommended as an example of the genre.)
    Hermes Jardin apres La Mousson (squirted on the neck area as I was passing a store's tester, having just given my sample away to my "quiet man" friend.)
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 6th June 2009 at 09:23 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Happiest of Birthday's Asha!

Wore Liberte for Citrus day and will change into Cabochard for this evening.

Happy Birthday, Asha!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Aww, thanks for sharing that, Quarry! Twolf, you are seriously talented. That pillow is beautiful.

exquisitely, you'll be running the company in no time with an attitude like that!

A very Happy Birthday to Asha!

Tonight I'm hosting a lil dinner party, and I need to get crackalackin' with shopping. It feels like a Theorema day.

See y'all later!

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Asha! Hope you've been having a lovely day.
    After the gym and a shower, switched over to Carthusia Ligea La Sirena.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Joining in the birthday wishes to Asha,
    and getting with the lemony goodness of Habit Rouge for the SoTE
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Happy, Happy Birthday, Asha!!!!

(((lievje)))

Still in AL Viva. It is like an addiction at this point! Take care, all!

Sitting in a motel in a rundown part of Savannah, wearing Chanel Chance. Headed down to Factor's Walk for a rainy evening stroll and later some crab bisque and vodka cocktails.

Absolu de Rochas for the evening, it does have some citrus, dry and spicy. To keep me grounded because I am still on cloud nine after Asha's package yesterday.

Sunnyfunny, I like your cakes, all of them. Yumissimo!

Thanks for the compliments again, but again this is just a craft -- the ability to follow the instructions and doing so accurately. I think I am booked until the end of the year -- I have projects to complete for Ubu, Brielle and L_i_B, if any of you have any ideas as for my next string of stitching projects, I am open for them.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

AM 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser. PM Opium for Men Edp
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Hi all and happy birthdays to the birthday people and happy regular days to everyone else...

Continuing my week of Parfumerie Generale testing, my SOTD was Harmatan Noire, chosen for its lemon notes for citrus day.

This is an odd puppy... I'll post my notes in the SnS thread.

And thanks for the civet-hating-leader nomination, VM, but there's only room for one anti-civet queen, and everyone knows you're it!

(Did you go back and re-smell the Habit Rouge looking for civet??)
    Last edited by rogalal; 7th June 2009 at 02:55 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Started the day in Feminite du Bois, went out this evening in Gucci Flora and finished the night with some of my friend's DKNY Red Delicious.

Polo Blue for Men by RL
    Gary

Alain Delon
    IQUITOS