Code of Conduct

Default Ormonde Jayne Price Increase

Just went out to the Ormonde Jayne website and saw that they have increased the price on all their EDP offerings to 68.

There was talk of Ormonde Jayne having a US website, which would avoid the UK taxes on US customers. Has anyone heard any more news on that?

Thanks,
    Jim

Default Re: Ormonde Jayne Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent View Post
    There was talk of Ormonde Jayne having a US website, which would avoid the UK taxes on US customers. Has anyone heard any more news on that?
    i'm curious to know this to!
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

If I recall correctly, Zizan was originally released with the 68 price tag while all her other releases were still at the old price. I found that to be strange at first, especially when there was a discount offer for Zizan upon its release.

Maybe trying to salvage back the money lost?

Blog Entries

How much was it before?

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    How much was it before?
    After some research, I stand corrected - Zizan's original price was 64. The other offerings were for 58. But Zizan was, initially, more expensive than her other EDP creations.

The Zizan discount was for 10% off, which would have brought down the price to 57.60 - more or less in line with the prices of the other EDPs at the time. Discount link here:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...zizan-and.html

Although the discount wasn't widely available, based on this alone, I was pretty suspicious about Ormonde Jayne's pricing strategy for Zizan.
    Last edited by Trebor; 7th June 2009 at 10:58 AM.

In a bad economy, I would have expected fragrance prices to fall but the opposite seems to happening. Generally speaking, prices seem to be running 10% - 20% higher today compared to what I paid a year ago.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    In a bad economy, I would have expected fragrance prices to fall but the opposite seems to happening. Generally speaking, prices seem to be running 10% - 20% higher today compared to what I paid a year ago.
    Well, firstly, the increase would compensate any loss in sales and, secondly, it's a great way of making certain lines even more exclusive. However, a 10 increase for most of Ormonde Jayne's fragrances is way too steep, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    However, a 10 increase for most of Ormonde Jayne's fragrances is way too steep, IMHO.
    I don't disagree with you, but her pricing is still in line with the Andy Tauers and Serge Lutens of the world.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but her pricing is still in line with the Andy Tauers and Serge Lutens of the world.
    No, that's a very good point.