Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions on Walnut based fragrance to try!?

Hi everyone, I was eating breakfast in the morning and I usually like to have some walnuts with Philadelphia cheese and bread. As I was biting into the walnuts it gave me an idea to try a walnut based fragrance. usually I wouldn't even bother due to the dry taste but this time I was having premium American walnuts!!! which had a nice oilyness to them which I could see as being quite nice if mixed in nicely in integral proportions with other ingredients.

Any suggestions of walnutty notes??? I have yet to come across any such fragrance,
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 6th June 2009 at 11:55 AM.

Default Re: Suggestions on Walnut based fragrance to try!?

Banana Republic has a scent called Black Walnut, though to me it smells like a tobacco fragrance; that could be the nature of walnut though.

mmm, its got some nice reviews however some people say it doesn't have a walnutty smell at all, nonetheless thanks for the tip I'll check it out.

I remember reading that Bulgari's Red Tea has a walnut note in the drydown.

hey thanks again for the reply, it looks awesome. I love tea, especially red tea!! which may make a nice combination with a walnut drydown
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 6th June 2009 at 08:47 PM.

Red Tea is .... weird. It has a very disturbing note that reminds me of Vetiver Dance. I don't know about walnut in the drydown. I scrubbed it off before I got there.

Basenotes Institution

A scent with a realistic walnut accord would be awesome - sadly, I've never encountered one (the Banana Republic does NOT smell like black walnut!)

A few scents give off a nutty accord, to my nose - some vetivers (Sycomore by Chanel) and oddly some rubber/leathers (Cumming by Alan Cumming)...but the effect is very subdued and mixed with a lot of other accords. Bois Farine gives off a peanut vibe (peanut butter) while the new Hermes Eau de Gentaine Blanche has a raw peanut accord, that lasts for a few seconds, in the top notes.

But walnut? I haven't smelled anything yet...
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 7th June 2009 at 05:55 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Serge Lutens Daim Blond smells like salted cashews to me...at least in the top and mid notes.

thanks for the suggestions I will keep them in mind. Shame there isn't a thorough walnut fragrance as it would be lovely.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)