Code of Conduct

Default Ormonde Jayne Price Increase

Just went out to the Ormonde Jayne website and saw that they have increased the price on all their EDP offerings to £68.

There was talk of Ormonde Jayne having a US website, which would avoid the UK taxes on US customers. Has anyone heard any more news on that?

Thanks,
    Jim

Default Re: Ormonde Jayne Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent View Post
    There was talk of Ormonde Jayne having a US website, which would avoid the UK taxes on US customers. Has anyone heard any more news on that?
    i'm curious to know this to!
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

If I recall correctly, Zizan was originally released with the £68 price tag while all her other releases were still at the old price. I found that to be strange at first, especially when there was a discount offer for Zizan upon its release.

Maybe trying to salvage back the money lost?

Blog Entries

How much was it before?
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    How much was it before?
    After some research, I stand corrected - Zizan's original price was £64. The other offerings were for £58. But Zizan was, initially, more expensive than her other EDP creations.

The Zizan discount was for 10% off, which would have brought down the price to £57.60 - more or less in line with the prices of the other EDPs at the time. Discount link here:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...zizan-and.html

Although the discount wasn't widely available, based on this alone, I was pretty suspicious about Ormonde Jayne's pricing strategy for Zizan.
    Last edited by Trebor; 7th June 2009 at 10:58 AM.

In a bad economy, I would have expected fragrance prices to fall but the opposite seems to happening. Generally speaking, prices seem to be running 10% - 20% higher today compared to what I paid a year ago.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    In a bad economy, I would have expected fragrance prices to fall but the opposite seems to happening. Generally speaking, prices seem to be running 10% - 20% higher today compared to what I paid a year ago.
    Well, firstly, the increase would compensate any loss in sales and, secondly, it's a great way of making certain lines even more exclusive. However, a £10 increase for most of Ormonde Jayne's fragrances is way too steep, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    However, a £10 increase for most of Ormonde Jayne's fragrances is way too steep, IMHO.
    I don't disagree with you, but her pricing is still in line with the Andy Tauers and Serge Lutens of the world.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but her pricing is still in line with the Andy Tauers and Serge Lutens of the world.
    No, that's a very good point.