Code of Conduct

Default is l'eau d'issey appropriate for year-round (including winter) wear?

Hello All,

In the last couple of months, I've tested dozens of scents, trying to find a select few to include in my wardrobe. I've fallen in love with quite a few, but none more so than L'eau d'Issey. It smells amazing to me, has great longevity, isn't excessively expensive, women love it, and few people dislike it or consider it "old" or "dated".

So here's my question - is it appropriate to wear year-round as daily daytime wear? Winters in Canada are cold, and I'm curious to see how it would interact with the temperature. One thing I've noticed about my preferences is that I tend toward "cold" scents... warm orientals don't really tickle my fancy. But it seems like cold scents may not be as appropriate for winters.

Thoughts?
    S

Default Re: is l'eau d'issey appropriate for year-round (including winter) wear?

Sure, it would smell great in the winter. I think there's even pleasure in making the contrast--a citrusy lemon/woody scent mentally calling summer into the brain while it's cold out side. That's very fun to do. I used to love Dior's Higher in the winter as well.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: is l'eau d'issey appropriate for year-round (including winter) wear?

leo d'issey by issey miyake 1994 is great in any weather!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Yes! L' Eau de Issey can be worn any day of the year for any occasion. The only reason why I no longer wear it is because they also sell leather. Shame, because it probably is the best cologne out there, overall. You really can't go wrong with it.

just make sure it doesn't cause you a headache

Quote Originally Posted by theveganrunner View Post
    Yes! L' Eau de Issey can be worn any day of the year for any occasion. The only reason why I no longer wear it is because they also sell leather. Shame, because it probably is the best cologne out there, overall. You really can't go wrong with it.
    I respect your opinion and views being a vegan, but a fragrance discussion forum isn't a place to try and push your views on selling leather goods, testing on animals, etc. Please try and leave it out of your further posts.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Why not? Double advantage if it's a warm, almost humid winter, with almost summery temperatures (although it works in cold temperatures too).

I wonder if summer scents are easier to use in the winter than winter ones are in summer.

It seems like a lot of winter scents are heavier and so you have a "physical" impediment, as opposed to the "psychological" impediment of wearing something light/fresh/summery in the winter.

S
    For sale: Curve 4.2 oz, Mugler A*Men 3.4 oz, Guerlain Vetiver 4.2 oz, L'eau D'issey 2.5 oz, Swiss Army 3.4 oz

it`s a all-year-round fragrance. Unfortunately poor longevity..

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    it`s a all-year-round fragrance. Unfortunately poor longevity..
    I'm the opposite. I have slightly oily skin and I have to take a shower to totally clear my skin of this scent. It's not bright or strong, but it's there all day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    leo d'issey by issey miyake 1994 is great in any weather!
    Yes. And it's sophistical and a chick magnet and it will make you a mans.

IMO, No, It isn't suitable for winter wear.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Good in any weather.