Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Allure Homme Sport vs Sport Cologne?

Could someone tell me the difference between the two and which is a better summer scent?

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Sport vs Sport Cologne?

Allure Homme Sport is already very citrusy, I haven't tried the Cologne but from what I hear, its even more citrus/lemon and of course wears off much faster. I personally wouldn't want any more citrus than the Allure Sport so I'd have to recommend that.

Blog Entries

Agreed! I'm a fan of the Sport Cologne, but I had to sniff both of them pretty hard to make a decision on which one to go with. I think both are excellent summer scents. For me, it came down to the slight difference between the two, and which notes I tend to like. The Sport struck me more as spicy citrus, whereas the Sport Cologne was more of a woody citrus. Not a lot of wood - just a little, but I'm very into wood, so I went with that. The Cologne is very much in the lemon/bergamot/cedrat corner, and so the longevity is never quite as good as I would like. Still, the perfumer(s) did a masterful job of blending the topnotes seamlessly into some longer-lasting citrus notes, which last a surprisingly long time, and I can even smell on clothes the next day.

It may be worth getting both. I bought the Cologne last summer, and really enjoyed that, but I could see getting the normal Sport this year.

Thanks. I ordered several samples and included the sport as one of them. Will see how it works out. Have not been a big citrus fan in my short time trying different scents out. Will see how this works for me.

I just tried out the AHS Cologne. For me, it truely is too much lemon/citrus as I had imagined.