Code of Conduct

Default Difference between a TESTER and a REAL Cologne?

Hello, what exactly is the difference between a tester cologne and a real cologne?
    Wouldn't they smell the same? Why would one be more expensive than the other?

Thanks for the answer.

Default Re: Difference between a TESTER and a REAL Cologne?

They are the same. Something is usually called a "tester" because it was meant for in-store use, for people to try out before they buy it. It may be labeled "tester" by the manufacturer, might be in a bigger bottle, and could be partially used - so it's usually cheaper.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

There is no difference in the juice between a tester bottle and a real bottle. The reason why tester bottles are cheaper is because tester bottles usually come without a cap. Also, testers can sometimes come in a plain white box without any of the art or graphics... That is why testers are usually cheaper than regular bottles...

Testers are cheap because stores can buy them very very cheap from the manufacturers (unlike the actual retail box). They are meant for people to try the scent out before they buy. Those stores can't sell them either to customers. However quite often, stores buy too many testers and remove the actual item from the shelves so they are left with lots of white boxed unsellable frags so they sell them to overstock/online stores. I am not sure if online stores are able to buy testers directly to the manufacturers to sell or if they have to get them from brick and mortar stores.

Testers are to make sure you don't turn into a lizard or monster or something before they put the REAL stuff out on the market.

No seriously, what everone else said they are in-store bottles usually without a cap.

I agree with what people said except that the testers you buy at online discounters are unused (I've never seen a "used" tester for sale in an online store).
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

the packaging
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    I agree with what people said except that the testers you buy at online discounters are unused (I've never seen a "used" tester for sale in an online store).
    I meant that I wasn't sure if online stores get their testers directly from the company or buy overstock testers from stores when they no longer promote a certain cologne.