Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions regarding Hugo Boss casual scents

Hello people ,

Im a big fan of hugoboss , ive previously had the "Boss Pure by hugo boss" which is some kind of a sweet scent , and started loving hugoboss . My impression about hugo boss was.....majority of them are casual sweet type scents . But i recently purchased the Baldessarini Hugoboss from our own "Jenson" . Baldessarini is indeed an amazing scent , but its a bit like elegant or mature scent, which cant be worn casually .

So guys i need suggestion from u guys..on good casual scents by hugoboss .....is the boss bottled no.6 a casual scent ...

Thanks People .

Default Re: Suggestions regarding Hugo Boss casual scents

I tried Boss Pure and find it decent - it has a nice mimosa note alongside a slight grassy note. Does come across as quite pure - albeit a bit simple and thin.

The only Boss scent that I've tried and found worth purchasing was Hugo XY - a scent that is very minty but manages to avoid smelling like toothpaste. It's simple and doesn't evolve much, but that's exactly why I got it. There are days you just want something simple, and this will be particularly refreshing in the extreme heat (should it ever arrive here ).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hugo Boss XY is indeed a very nice, fresh, herbal mint scent. It smells clean and unique. I could recommend it for casual wear. It's one of their better fragrances.

Hugo Boss Energise is one of my personal favourites. It's somewhat sweet, masculine and has a good mixture of fruity and woody notes. It also lasts a long time on the skin. Very suitable for casual wear. It gets compliments!

Nothing else stands out in the Hugo range for me as exceptional.
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 8th June 2009 at 06:27 PM.

I'll third XY. IMO its more of a mouthwash mint than toothpaste, and thats where most minty frags fail IMO. Very refreshing frag with very decent lasting power compared to a lot of scents in the same genre.

Dependent

XY is great as many mentioned. Try also elements aqua

thanks guys..taken both into consideration

I think you're spot on with #6 for being an everyday, casual jeans and t-shirt kind of scent. I've had it for quite a while and find it fits in nicely between things like Lacoste Pour Homme and R&G L'Homme Essential. Boss has made a fortune turning out carefree, nonoffensive, ummm, 'sporty' if you will, kind of scents. I prefer the original Boss in Motion but will be giving the white version a try if and when it ever makes it to town. I can see where you'd get the impression that the house is second rate from readings in here but I also suspect that quite a few of the members have a few bottles tucked away or in a gym bag for use when the fate of the universe doesn't hang on what cologne gets worn.

Boss Selections.

Fun scent, quite effervescent and casual. I used it for a while and sold my bottle off though -- but it's a quite likable scent.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Sur la Plage

My partner enjoys Boss Pure.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    XY is great as many mentioned. Try also elements aqua
    Elements aqua nowhere to be found in Croatia I've heard it is good and girls love it. My friend used to own it, but he can't obtain it.

I sniff XY from the bottle and it's really nice minty scent. Haven't give it a full wear though.

Hugo Energise is one of my favorite casual wear, at first it's a lil' harsh but the drydown is really really nice. Casual, care free and make me feel handsome when I wear it. On me it last for 24+ hours. Worth every pennies you spent on it IMO.