Code of Conduct

Default replacement for hugh parsons traditional blue

Hello all,

I'm looking for a fragrance very similar to hugh parsons traditional blue but available widely. I have noticed that 'traditional blue' has disappeared from nordstroms, the only place that used to carry it. Quite a shame. Any other scent that has the same fresh, clean but sophisticated smell with just the right level of spicy woodiness unlike your typical 'aquatic' scent.

cheers,
    S
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Default Re: replacement for hugh parsons traditional blue

Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    Hello all,

I'm looking for a fragrance very similar to hugh parsons traditional blue but available widely. I have noticed that 'traditional blue' has disappeared from nordstroms, the only place that used to carry it. Quite a shame. Any other scent that has the same fresh, clean but sophisticated smell with just the right level of spicy woodiness unlike your typical 'aquatic' scent.

cheers,
    S
    Just a question. The last time I went into Nordstroms looking for it, they didn't have it for display or even in the glass cases. But when I asked them, they had it in a stock drawer and had quite a few bottles. Have you asked for it there? Plus you can still get it very cheap at Beautyencounter.com
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Judging by the sound of it.. I'll have to add that to my try list. I'm up to 16 hahaa

Ulta carries it if you have any of those in your town.You might want to try Azzaro Now Men if you want to try a different version of what you describe. Or, you know, order it online where it's cheaper and tax-free.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 9th June 2009 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Just a question. The last time I went into Nordstroms looking for it, they didn't have it for display or even in the glass cases. But when I asked them, they had it in a stock drawer and had quite a few bottles. Have you asked for it there? Plus you can still get it very cheap at Beautyencounter.com
    Agree 100%

Besides, you really don't want to stray too far from the Hugh Parsons, imo... It's one of the best scents of its type...

Hugh Parsons Blue is a great one!

Why look for a replacement? Just order it onliine. There's no lack of online dealers.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Here's a link to a reputable seller selling it: Parfum1.com - http://www.parfum1.com/perfume.asp?a...=keywordsearch

$32.50 before the sale. After the additional 25% off it comes out to $24.38. You can't beat that!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

It is widely available from reliable internet sellers - and cheaper there then Nordstrom.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread