Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Enyone tested it? How is the longevity? Casual or formal? Is it unique? I am very curious aboute it..The creators of this fragrance are the famous Thierry Wasser and Annick Menardo, so it can`t be that bad! Worth a blind buy?

  2. #2
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,585
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Jil Sander Man is a very nice woody and smokey fragrance. Starts of with a subdued citrus ouvre, before fast evolving into a herbal, smokey (myrrh) cedarwood base. Close-to-the-skin sillage after a short while and longevity is not as good as one would like.

    But there is hope! There is Jil Sander Man Absolute. This version has a buttery aura (vanilla/tonka?) that JS Man does not possess, with a tobacco-smoke edge to the already smokey myrrh and cedarwood. The scent wears close to the skin, but is quite intense and has very good longevity. JS Man Asolute makes me feel good with myself all day.

    IMO, if you are going to buy blind, you would do better buying the Absolute version.
    Last edited by perfaddict; 11th June 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Jil Sander Man is a very nice woody and smokey fragrance. Starts of with a subdued citrus ouvre, before fast evolving into a herbal, smokey (myrrh) cedarwood base. Close-to-the-skin sillage after a short while and longevity is not as good as one would like.

    But there is hope! There is Jil Sander Man Absolute. This version has a buttery aura (vanilla/tonka?) that JS Man does not possess, with a tobacco-smoke edge to the already smokey myrrh and cedarwood. The scent wears close to the skin, but is quite intense and has very good longevity. JS Man Asolute makes me feel good with myself all day.

    IMO, if you are going to buy blind, you would do better buying the Absolute version.

    Ok. But on Oslo Airport i can only get the original one...Is it ok for night-clubs? And summer?

  4. #4
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,585
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    I would not describe JS Man (even Absolute) as strong enough for clubbing, but it is good for summer. IMO, the summer heat makes the cedarwood and other basenotes bloom.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Hi Oslo Fjord !

    Jil Sander Man is a very nice one but I think it's not a "unique" fragrance. I find it very similary with another famous "Armani Black Code" ( Opening, sillage...). Woody oriental, smoky and sensual drydown. Perfect for evening. Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring it doesn't matter, it is great for everytime ! Drydown is probably better with JSM ( blue cedar, myrhh, russian leather ). JSM's bottle is also one of the most esthetic I've ever seen with its both blue dark cube superposed each other.
    I'm waiting for a JSM Absolute version sample to test it and give my opinion about it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaroadster View Post
    Hi Oslo Fjord !

    Jil Sander Man is a very nice one but I think it's not a "unique" fragrance. I find it very similary with another famous "Armani Black Code" ( Opening, sillage...). Woody oriental, smoky and sensual drydown. Perfect for evening. Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring it doesn't matter, it is great for everytime ! Drydown is probably better with JSM ( blue cedar, myrhh, russian leather ). JSM's bottle is also one of the most esthetic I've ever seen with its both blue dark cube superposed each other.
    I'm waiting for a JSM Absolute version sample to test it and give my opinion about it.

    Ok. I have order a bottle, and it will arrive in about one week! I can`t wait!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Ok. I have order a bottle, and it will arrive in about one week! I can`t wait!
    Your timing is great. I reach for this one in the summer.

  8. #8

    Cool Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Ok. I have order a bottle, and it will arrive in about one week! I can`t wait!
    You won't disappointed about it ! Don't hesitate to give us your opinion when you 'll get it !

  9. #9
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,223

    Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

    I too am interested to see a good opinion(hopefully a lengthier one), have been watching, and it sounds very promising, so far full positive reviews. the bottle is also a killer as a bonus
    Last edited by MFJ; 13th June 2009 at 09:22 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Jil Sander Man ('07) & Scent 79 ('08)
    By mi-hooked? in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23rd December 2008, 04:59 AM
  2. Jil Sander Man question
    By CuyahogaJoe in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18th August 2008, 10:06 PM
  3. New Jil Sander Sport duo.
    By cedriceccentric in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th January 2005, 12:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000