Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

Enyone tested it? How is the longevity? Casual or formal? Is it unique? I am very curious aboute it..The creators of this fragrance are the famous Thierry Wasser and Annick Menardo, so it can`t be that bad! Worth a blind buy?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

Jil Sander Man is a very nice woody and smokey fragrance. Starts of with a subdued citrus ouvre, before fast evolving into a herbal, smokey (myrrh) cedarwood base. Close-to-the-skin sillage after a short while and longevity is not as good as one would like.

But there is hope! There is Jil Sander Man Absolute. This version has a buttery aura (vanilla/tonka?) that JS Man does not possess, with a tobacco-smoke edge to the already smokey myrrh and cedarwood. The scent wears close to the skin, but is quite intense and has very good longevity. JS Man Asolute makes me feel good with myself all day.

IMO, if you are going to buy blind, you would do better buying the Absolute version.
    Last edited by perfaddict; 11th June 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Jil Sander Man is a very nice woody and smokey fragrance. Starts of with a subdued citrus ouvre, before fast evolving into a herbal, smokey (myrrh) cedarwood base. Close-to-the-skin sillage after a short while and longevity is not as good as one would like.

But there is hope! There is Jil Sander Man Absolute. This version has a buttery aura (vanilla/tonka?) that JS Man does not possess, with a tobacco-smoke edge to the already smokey myrrh and cedarwood. The scent wears close to the skin, but is quite intense and has very good longevity. JS Man Asolute makes me feel good with myself all day.

IMO, if you are going to buy blind, you would do better buying the Absolute version.

Ok. But on Oslo Airport i can only get the original one...Is it ok for night-clubs? And summer?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I would not describe JS Man (even Absolute) as strong enough for clubbing, but it is good for summer. IMO, the summer heat makes the cedarwood and other basenotes bloom.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Hi Oslo Fjord !

Jil Sander Man is a very nice one but I think it's not a "unique" fragrance. I find it very similary with another famous "Armani Black Code" ( Opening, sillage...). Woody oriental, smoky and sensual drydown. Perfect for evening. Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring it doesn't matter, it is great for everytime ! Drydown is probably better with JSM ( blue cedar, myrhh, russian leather ). JSM's bottle is also one of the most esthetic I've ever seen with its both blue dark cube superposed each other.
    I'm waiting for a JSM Absolute version sample to test it and give my opinion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguaroadster View Post
    Hi Oslo Fjord !

Jil Sander Man is a very nice one but I think it's not a "unique" fragrance. I find it very similary with another famous "Armani Black Code" ( Opening, sillage...). Woody oriental, smoky and sensual drydown. Perfect for evening. Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring it doesn't matter, it is great for everytime ! Drydown is probably better with JSM ( blue cedar, myrhh, russian leather ). JSM's bottle is also one of the most esthetic I've ever seen with its both blue dark cube superposed each other.
    I'm waiting for a JSM Absolute version sample to test it and give my opinion about it.

Ok. I have order a bottle, and it will arrive in about one week! I can`t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Your timing is great. I reach for this one in the summer.

Cool Re: Thoughts about Jil Sander Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    You won't disappointed about it ! Don't hesitate to give us your opinion when you 'll get it !

Dependent

I too am interested to see a good opinion(hopefully a lengthier one), have been watching, and it sounds very promising, so far full positive reviews. the bottle is also a killer as a bonus
    Last edited by MFJ; 13th June 2009 at 09:22 PM.