Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 11 June

Artemisia
    by Penhaligon's

A subtle warmth on this rainy day in a beautiful bottle

Head notes: Nectarine and Green Foliage
    Heart notes: Green Apple, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine Tea, Violet and Vanilla
    Base notes: Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber and Vanilla

Congratulations to Ines!!!

A great Thursday to you all
    Last edited by Riannon; 11th June 2009 at 08:49 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S

L'Artisan DZING!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SotD Thursday 11 June

Still brimming with joy after yesterday's sniff with tang! There was a couple of comical situations but my favorite-- which I did not give much thought at a time and somehow it cracks me up now -- occurred while smelling candles, and this dialogue is about a particular candle called "Market Place":
    "This one smells like L'Artisan".
    "Which one?"
    "All of them!".

So, L'Artisan it is! Which one? Mimosa pour Moi.

Have a nice Thursday and hugs to everyone who needs them.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Michael Kors :bounce:

Prada Infusion D'Iris

Post Thanks / Like

Parfumerie Generale Aomassai.

Creed's amazing ROYAL DELIGHT
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

My SOTD is Caron The Third Man/Le 3me Homme.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Because I'm feeling a little sleepy this morning, I'll need

a: caffeine
    b: refreshing citrus

Got both covered in the gorgeous CSP Ecume de The. Why do the discontinue the best ones????

Have an excellent day everyone
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Twolf, LOL @ "All of them!" Sounds like it was a fun meetup.

Guerlain Bois d'Armenie. Oh, for a full bottle of this heavenly potion.

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A day which will start with annoying company team building exercises but promises to end with a very pleasant evening among new friends.
    To get me through the annoying and to the evening I am pulling out one of my big guns:

Patou pour Homme

Masterpiece, the word is thrown about quite a bit here on Basenotes. It is probably as subjective a term as it gets especially in realms of the senses. My check on what a masterpiece is came near the end of a two-week trip to Italy. We had been to Ravenna, Venice, and Florence; and on our last day had finally booked a ticket to the big art musesum in Florence, The Uffizi. We had been in a number of museums at this point and to say I was burnt-out on looking at paintings would be putting it mildly. I was walking into a gallery and going "pope, baby jesus, mary, medici, next!" Until I walked into one and went "pope, baby jesus, mar....oooh wait that's different". I'd walk up for a closer look and the artist would be Titian, Raphael, Botticelli, or Carvaggio. These pieces stood out. They had something extra or different. Sometimes a depth and sometimes a use of color that was clearly unique from the other well-executed paintings surrounding it. The point here is that when you encounter something different than the rest you immediately know it. So it is with Jean Kerleo's 1980 masterpiece Patou pour Homme. Patou pour Homme is easily one of the best scents I have ever worn on my skin. From the first time I wore it until this time there has never been a time where I haven't been blown away by its beauty. What makes it so special on me? This is that rarest of scents where I can pick out individual notes but it is the harmony with which they combine which makes this special. This is perfectly embodied in the opening of this scent. The beginning is an herbal medley of bergamot, sage, pepper, and tarragon which is quickly joined by lavender. When I first spray on Patou pour Homme the herbal character roars out of the gate but the lavender is right there to bring it under control and make this an accord that is spicy and floral without being identifiably one or the other. This is the rarest of scents in that it can take well-trodden notes and combine them in a new way to make me experience them differently. This happens in the heart. How many scents have vetiver, cedar and patchouli? How many scents would amp up the clean lines of cedar, combine it with vetiver to give it an edge, and add a little earthiness in patchouli? Probably the same number. In Patou pour Homme. Kerleo chooses to let the patchouli take the fore and uses the clean lines of cedar and vativer to constrain its usual expansive nature. This turns into a patchouli that is dry but not earthy. It becomes almost resinous, like incense and incredible, on me. The heart comes off like an incense accord but an incense I've never smelled in real life. This is the rarest of scents in that all that has come before sets you up for a knockout punch at the end. Kerleo was clearly going for a fougere feel and his base goes for that using oakmoss, sandalwood and labdanum. The labdanum comes first as it continues the resinous feel of the heart and allows the transition into the base. This base has one of the most arid sandalwoods I've tried and in conjunction with the labdanum and then the oakmoss this forms a woody mossy resinous accord that is gorgeous. It lasts and lasts and lasts on me. Patou pour Homme deserves to be in the Uffizi of perfume so a bored colognoisseur can walk in and go " aquatic, oriental, chypre....ooh that's different".

Have a Torrid Thursday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 11th June 2009 at 11:25 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like

"annoying company team building exercises" Oh yeah. I know how that feels, SMM. My condolences. On the bright side, hopefully yours won't involve donning a wetsuit and having to build a raft and race other teams of colleagues down a river. I'm sure it'a a riot when you're 20ish, but at 40-something I would much rather be left alone with my knitting. (I'm such an old grumpypants!)

On the bright side, you sure do smell good! Yet again your description of a fragrance leaves me wanting to run out and immediately inhale it deeply. Nice review. I hope you're adding all of these to the database.

Another person whose reviews and descriptions always make me want to smell the 'fume described and who I think is adding glory to our database is Asha. And today I have to say 'thank you' to our Gibson Girl for sending me the MIller Harris Fleur Oriental that I am enjoying enormously today. It is soft, powedery, sweet without cloying and warmly enveloping. I think this may be love. I also loved the Cuir d'Oranger she sent too, which I wore to bed the other night. (Ah! That might explain the dream of elegant horses!)

The more Miller Harris scents I try, the more impressed I become. I forsee a splurge.

Have a great day all. Ines - well done, chick!
    xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    The more Miller Harris scents I try, the more impressed I become.
    Me, too! And I love your SotD, Fleur Oriental.

I'm wearing Boucheron's Trouble this morning, which takes a good while to get to where I like it go, but once it arrives it's heavenly.

Thursday! Almost there folks!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Im also in Penhaligon's today Riannon

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me that Tang and Twolf are having ALTOGETHER TOO MUCH FUN. (Envious? Moi??)

Got a plump little surprise packet from Greece yesterday and am now in love with....

....(ya gotta love that bottle.) Staggering number of notes..."carnation, tuberose, orange blossom, sandalwood, patchouli, pink lotus, musk, violet, freesia, vanilla, osmanthus, orris root, peach, jasmine, cloves, heliotrope, pink peony, cedar and geranium" doesn't tell the story.

An old fashioned well blended floral, slightly powdery on me....my mind's eye sees my grandmother's vanity in the late afternoon, warm sunlight slanting across faceted bottles, the air redolent of....something like this!!

(kisskisskiss Carlita!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily, which I've been craving like there's no tomorrow on and off these past few weeks.
    I really need me some nifty Dimitri-style pictures of my favourites to use for the Sotd threads - makes them that much more interesting.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm wearing Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare-- literally only one spray is needed, and I know I'll still be smelling it in the late afternoon. This scent is a powerhouse.

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday greetings to all

SOTM Aqua di Parma Profumo. Roberto got me in the mood yesterday for this.

Yesterday afternoon I doused myself with Le Feu d'Issey Light, and took a long walk. I really enjoy this scent, although it doesn't quite compare with the original. I have a 10ml decant of that one, and save it for when I can truly savor it. The light version definitely makes me hungry for momma.

SOTE: an Ava Luxe, Ambra Tibet, an oriental spice with a bit of a dirty topnote. DH wore Aramis to bed, which I truly love. He likes it, too.

SMM, your reviews are exquisitely divine and highly enjoyable!

Have a stupendous day everyone!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hello, Fooferdings !

Twolfie / Tang- you had TOO much fun, yesterday...why wasn't I there, too ? [I ask myself...]
    RHM- NOW we have to get going on Blazing Saddles, LOL. Don't get me started !
    Wordie- you smells purrrty, girl. Having fun, I hope- avec Mlle. Small ?
    Ubi- Kisses to your tiny freckled proboscis.
    Welcome, Darwinia !
    Kisses, Terrykins- you smell fine, baby.

I'm whipped but cheerful.
    [Can you tell ? !]

After an insanely loooong day yesterday, I 'channeled' Sunnyfunny, and wore Tocade to bed.
    I've NO bloody idea what I'll wear earlier today- perhaps a nice chypre-
    But tonight, I think AL Madame X is on my list...

Need to break up the day, to honor a dear friend who merits accolades-
    That means crazy 'dies interruptus' ?

Love to all you sweet creatures-
    May your day be merciful, and SMELL GOOD.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everybody Sotd is Czech& Speake # 88.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinia View Post
    Parfumerie Generale Aomassai.
    Big welcome to you, Darwinia!
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sotd:
    Prada
    Infusion D'Iris

I have to go to "work," "work" meaning that I drop by city offices to prepare a CD of background materials for a sponsor rep I'm hosting tomorrow evening and Saturday. I've been told that the office's AC is on the blink, and at 8 AM it was already into the low eighties. Since I get so ill in the heat, I am going to wear L'Eau d'Hiver, Malle's quasi-marine scent.

L'Eau d'Hiver has some resemblance to Rem, in that both capture the idea of a cool water that is far from the briny seashore aquatics. Both are about as naturallly "water" as an indoor swimming pool, but they are refreshing and "blue" with their florals. Hiver has an undertone of shaving product that stops it from becoming foody.

Feeling fresh in Jicky today.

Have a wonderful day!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about L'Artisan's "Jealous" mood fragrance ~ after reading about T&t's fragrant escapades! What fun! For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of real side by side sniffing with a basenoter, it sure beats the heck out of telling your shopping companion, "I'll only be a minute..." and then having to rush your nose through a store, without sharing or comparing, or most of all - understanding! This leaves me longing for August to come, for our "worldwide basenotes meet-up"!

Heading to downtown Chicago later this afternoon, for a party! So for now, a bit of Danica Aromatics I Am Me with lots of bright green apple notes. For the party, it's going to be Trish McEvoy's Sexy #9. This one is a blackberry/vanilla/musk with a tinge of sandalwood & patchouli in the base ~ that wears sort of 'young, flirty & fun'!

Ooops, forgot to thank Chaya for those kisses...I always wanted freckles in real life, and a tiny proboscis, this is as close as I'm gonna come!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 11th June 2009 at 01:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 11 June

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble is scrubbed, it's just too much right now. And I have no idea what I will wear today. I've got to go do some weeding and deadheading.

Lol @ "Fooferdings"! That's so cute.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning, Fooferdings, Grumpypants, Posters and Lurkers everywhere!
    A cheery hello and welcome to Darwinia!
    Riannon ~ Super bottle. Wish P's Artemisia didn't turn soapy on me.
    Twolf & Tang ~ Love you, silly gooses.
    Lovethescent ~ Ditto the need for caffeine & refreshment this a.m.
    SMM & Wordie ~ I swear my heart grows larger every time I see your posts.
    Lilybelle ~ Totally agree about the Trouble. I enjoy it most in the drawer where I spilled some.
    Oh, heck, EVERYBODY ... don't you know by now I'm fond of all your creative adventures, personal triumphs, humor and good-smelliness.

Comme des Garçons LILY (Series 1: Leaves)
    It's a story oft repeated I'm sure: A sample passes under one's nose (in this case, it hailed from trusty Twolf), it kinda registers a , a trial wearing is made, the vial is put in the pass-along pile, it almost makes it out the door when a haunting "better make sure" wearing is made, and, ohh-ohh--this may be something special.

This lily is my lily-of-the-valley scent, but it doesn't get there right off the bat. The juice starts out so bracing and tart (imagine an unripe lemon!), you'd never think it was on its way to becoming a floral. When it finally calms down, POP! you're wearing a bouquet of those pretty little white-bell blossoms surrounded by broad-blade leaves. No old-fashioned romance here, no powder or other add-ons. Luca Turin thinks no one ever really wants to smell exactly like a plant. To quote Bugs Bunny, "He don't know me vewwy well; do he?"

I believe CdG is no longer producing the scent, but stock remains on the market from Lucky Scent, which is where I paid full price for my bottle (that's saying something). I don't wear this scent often, because it's clearly got a springtime attitude, but it's a wonderful shock of scent when I'm wanting an unabashedly fresh floral presence.

Notes: Lily-of-the-valley, freesia, dog rose, green syringa.
    Last edited by Quarry; 11th June 2009 at 03:47 PM.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Starting the day in Narcisse Noir

Post Thanks / Like

Guerlain Samsara for me today

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Darwinia !
    Morning all - it's Vol De Nuit- just the EDT for this morning . Then it'll be on to something else.
    Off topic- the Guerlain sprayers on their EDTs are the best I have come across - long strong sprays - such a pleasure.
    Have a good day everyone !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 11th June 2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quarry View Post
    ... Luca turin thinks no one ever really wants to smell exactly like a plant. To quote bugs bunny, "he don't know me vewwy well; do he?"...
    Touche'
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 11th June 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all, I think I forgot to post a couple of days this week, I am a little out of it lately.

Welcome, welcome, Darwinia.

Twolf and Tang, we should call you two "T-n-T" , you seem to be having some explosive fun.

Wordie love, hope you are having a blast back home.

SMM, Tonight will make the annoyance of the day much more bearable.

Ines- Hope all is wonderful for you.

((Chaya)) tonight will be fun, once it arrives. Just glide through the day on your fragrant wings and I will be waiting later, with some chocolat

Today I am really craving Molyneux, so I think I will be wearing Vivre

This scent is simply divine.

Love and hugs for all my yummy smelling BN bunnies
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Diesel's Fuel for Life
    Wishlist is pointless.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!!!
    for the warm welcome!

I'm new to the forum but not to perfume or Basenotes (I just LOVE the directory! makes the hole in my budget even bigger every time I browse.)

On the subject. I'm wearing a few drops of Cadjmere (still only form a sample). So soothing!

Post Thanks / Like

Obesssion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First and foremost, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the many crossed fingers and good luck and positive vibes. Its been a bumpy and potentially discouraging road to employment and you guys kept me smiling!!

That being said....
    *drumroll*
    *heavenly choir singing Handel's Messiah*

I GOT THE JOB!!!

mmmm...... and now, the long awaited and deeeeeelicious celebration donuts....

Incidentally, did you know that celebratory donuts have no calories?
    I have it on the highest authority,
    but don't ask the Surgeon General,
    he's a closet donut lover and just wants to keep them for himself.

Have a fabulous day everybody!!!!

Also, I've recently discovered that I adore Coco So it will by my celebratory SotD. Thanks to the ever-fabulous and finely fragrant Asha.

Super-congrats on yesterday Ines!! Knew you could do it!!

Pleasure to meet you, Darwinia!

<3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 11 June

Encre Noire with a touch of Amber Gris.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thrilled for you exquisitely me! Huge congratulations, I'm raising my coffee cup to you ~ cheers! (thanks for the donuts! )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    First and foremost, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the many crossed fingers and good luck and positive vibes. Its been a bumpy and potentially discouraging road to employment and you guys kept me smiling!!

That being said....
    *drumroll*
    *heavenly choir singing Handel's Messiah*

I GOT THE JOB!!!

mmmm...... and now, the long awaited and deeeeeelicious celebration donuts....

Incidentally, did you know that celebratory donuts have no calories?
    I have it on the highest authority,
    but don't ask the Surgeon General,
    he's a closet donut lover and just wants to keep them for himself.

Have a fabulous day everybody!!!!

Also, I've recently discovered that I adore Coco So it will by my celebratory SotD. Thanks to the ever-fabulous and finely fragrant Asha.

Super-congrats on yesterday Ines!! Knew you could do it!!

Pleasure to meet you, Darwinia!

Congrats on the new job! I'll take 2 chocolate donuts and a fresh latte to celebrate with you!
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Post Thanks / Like

Givenchy Gentleman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of real side by side sniffing with a basenoter, it sure beats the heck out of telling your shopping companion, "I'll only be a minute..." and then having to rush your nose through a store, without sharing or comparing, or most of all - understanding! This leaves me longing for August to come, for our "worldwide basenotes meet-up"!
    After Gone Sniffin' trips with both ubu & Twolf, I completely agree with Ubu's comment above. I know MY family has gotten tired of me just popping into a store "for a minute." I venture to say that this area is more barren than Lessa's perfume desert, but we managed to find a fragrant oasis here & there - mostly candles & soaps, a little Crabtree & Evelyn, some Thymes products. In one cluttered, small-town drugstore, I made a surprising discovery of a display case with department-store fragrances (Burberry, YSL, Armani, Estée Lauder, etc.). I think they had one or two boxes of most, no testers. It was still a fun find, and only Twolf understood my appreciation.

I tested Crabtree & Evelyn Naturals Body Mist in Black Tea, Vetiver, & Sugarcane yesterday. I thought I liked it, but I later decided it just smelled like a really nice soap.

Today, sampling Ava Luxe's Madame X, Rasa, and Honey, trying to resist a sale.

Congratulations, exquisitely_me! :bounce:
    Last edited by tang; 11th June 2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Aoud by Montale

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Off to the gym now in the inoffensive- DSH French Vanilla. Poor old Vol De Nuit EDT really doesn't last long.......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Exquisitelyme, you deserve to celebrate with a boatload of donuts and if they are Krispy Kreme, well I am joining you.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let me in!
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha!
    You all crack me up!
    Congratulations Exquisitely me. I love doughnuts with coffee.....mmmmm! Wonder if there's a doughnut & coffee fragrance?
    Chaya, it was wonderful to chat with you yesterday. Blazing Saddles.....OK....How about L'Artisan's Voleur De Roses. It's got that nice leather note going for the saddle part. Mel Brooks & perfume! Gotta make you laugh people.
    Voleur De Roses is my scent of the day & I'm watching Blazing Saddles. "A wed wose. How womantic." Lili Von Shtupp
    Last edited by RHM; 11th June 2009 at 05:54 PM.

How you all lighten my day thank you.

Jicky all over today.
    Suddenly it's very windy here, the sea has whitecaps on it and it's definitely fresh and aquatic!

exquisitely_me!!! Congrats on the new job! Particularly in this market! (I'll take the chocolate donut with the multicolored sprinkles)

SMM - team-building exercises. They do a great job of building teams by giving all participants something to talk about later. If they are really "successful", team members begin planning escape routes.

-----------------------------------------------
    Not sure how this is going to work - but if you click the link, it is evil scent twins Black Cat and I having a fabulous ethiopian lunch in Arlington.
    BlackCatnMe.jpg

She gave me a large bag of new smellies to try.

She urged me to try Yves Rocher Rose Absolute. First thing I spritzed in the car (yeah...couldn't wait....)

Roses, fruit (very ripe berries? something tropical?) and tea.

Fascinating top and heart on this one. A vibrating morphing rose based fruity floral with enough tea to give it a level of freshness. Though I'm not a big fruity floral fan, this one was fascinating. Nose...wrist...analyze...

Unfortunately, after 30 minutes of wear, the tea begins to dominate and becomes an astringent tea with a couple of rose petals in it.

Sigh. I love tea. In the cup. In my stomach. On me...not so much.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Congratulations, exquisitely me!!!

:bounce: All hail the new Queen of Dunkin' Donuts :bounce:

Welcome, Darwinia. Don't you worry, this is our usual understated behaviour

SotE: the beautiful Rose 31 from le Labo. Goes perfect with donuts
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Congrats to both Ines and exquisitely me
    and a warm welcome to Darwinia!!!

Today I'm in my sweet love: Botrytis
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

LOTS of scents today; a weary traveller returning from an amazing BN day out with a lovely group! We had the Roja Dove thing in the morning, followed by a mini tour of perfumeries. Will report back properly when I feel more awake. Main scent left (and now re-sprayed from a sample): Ormonde Jayne woman. It's lovely and reminds me a little bit of Tocade, minus some of Tocade's sweetness.

Congrats, E-M! I wish I could grab some of those celebratory doughnuts right now!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to Lowes to check out the plants today.

Going to give Parfum Sacre a run today with temps in the mid 80's.

Good Job to Ines and exquisitely me!

Hi Darwinia!

Congratulations to ExquisitelyMe! Great news.

When you are old and seniority laden like me you forget how hard and nerve racking the job chase can be! May this be the start of many great things for you!

Spending the rest of my precious day off in L'Heure Bleue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone! And welcome to Darwinia!

Quarry, I love love love your photos. Fab!

SMM - I detest team building exercises. Some of my best relationships have been forged over a beer in a toasty pub and I never got why work relationships should be forged differently. Anyway, I hope your day went well.

ExquisitelyMe - Congratulations! I knew that you'd ace it with that attitude. When do you start?

Wordie - I had two Miller Harris samples in the post today and can't wait to try them.

Congrats also to Ines!

Well I have been sampling today, had a lovely time at the mall with a good friend and two surprisingly tolerant babies. I sampled Estee Lauder Sensuous, which sadly wasn't, Chanel No 19 edt and Chanel Cristalle edt. I loved the drydown of the 19, but the top was just a bit too bright for me. I like my greens dark and wet, apparently. I have a sample of the Chance Eau Fraiche to try too.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, ExquisitelyMe!:bounce::wave:

Ineespenes -- I have seen some congrats to you sprinkled throughout the posts today, so may I presume . . . yay?

Welcome, Darwinia.:wave::bounce:

Today is commencement at the college where I teach, so I need to wear something that will smell good on me but not transfer onto anyone who hugs me. Therefore, Le Temps d'une Fete it is.

Have a great Thursday, all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nukapai - I meant to say I would love to read about your day today! I was so tempted to go, but couldn't afford to do this one and the August meet. Was it wonderful?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This lily is my lily-of-the-valley scent, but it doesn't get there right off the bat.
    Notes: Lily-of-the-valley, freesia, dog rose, green syringa.[/QUOTE]

Quarry, I just adore this scent and I know exactly what you're talking about. Diorissimo was a favorite until it was reformulated. Now I have to apply every 2 hours to get my LOTV fix. Until I got a sample of the CdG variety. It's my new favorite. It works well as a refreshment as well. Lucky you with the full bottle! I'm still hording my sample
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized I made it past 1000 posts. So I am going to be my own cheerleader and say "Yay for Leesee!"