Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Thursday 11 June

YAY, LEESEE !
    YAY, Ex- ME !

RHM :
    "I'm tiwed -sick and tiwed of love...
    Fwom bewow and above-
    I'm SO tiwed..."
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 11th June 2009 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    I just realized I made it past 1000 posts. So I am going to be my own cheerleader and say "Yay for Leesee!"
    Wow!! that's fantastic. I wish I had a cheerleader smiley face to display here....picture it mentally. Congrats!

I just sprayed on some SL Sa Majeste and I'm not really loving it....too much powder with this rose for this nose. Expelled to the swap list!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    LOTS of scents today; a weary traveller returning from an amazing BN day out with a lovely group! We had the Roja Dove thing in the morning, followed by a mini tour of perfumeries. Will report back properly when I feel more awake. Main scent left (and now re-sprayed from a sample): Ormonde Jayne woman. It's lovely and reminds me a little bit of Tocade, minus some of Tocade's sweetness.

Congrats, E-M! I wish I could grab some of those celebratory doughnuts right now!
    Sigh.....I'm jealous, dammit
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    YAY, LEESEE !
    YAY, Ex- ME !

RHM :
    "I'm tiwed -sick and tiwed of love...
    Fwom bewow and above-
    I'm SO tiwed..."
    "Hello, handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show?"
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    I just realized I made it past 1000 posts. So I am going to be my own cheerleader and say "Yay for Leesee!"
    :wave::bounce::wave::bounce::wave: I will cheer for you also. Yay Leesee!!!!!:wave::wave::wave:
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Brielle, I love that "TnT explosive fun" of yours. Thank you very much, it tickles me pink!

Exquisitely Me, congratulations! Way to go, girl! I will take the filled one and you folks, please do not look, because it might .... hmmmmmm...... explode?

Yay for LeeSee! And many more!

May the gentle June sun be kind to us all and ----- tssssss! -- we got more Birthdays to come tomorrow and the day after and almost every day!

Rochas Tocade this afternoon, a victim of mass raves I am.

Scent triplet (?) with Dimples and pofox in Jicky today. I wore it yesterday from a sample and after I put on Nivea lotion this morning I thought they sort of matched. Not a perfect match, but they smell perfectly wonderful on together! Now my sample is all but gone and I will have to figure out if I want a whole bottle or a decant or just another sample, perhaps of the edp...

Congratulations Exquisitely Me! That is wonderful news!
    Also, nice job Leesee- 1000 is really cool!

Comme des Garçons
    CARNATION

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    "Hello, handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show?"
    Lessa, I was going to post that quote from Blazing Saddles but since I was wearing a rose scent, I (duh) went with the rose quote.

Mel Brooks cracks me up.

Ever since I made the Chamade "roll in zee hay" connection I keep finding perfume & Mel Brooks ...what would you call it "hook ups". I don't know. Maybe I'm inhaling too much bug spray from spraying my roses.

Trying Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille today (thanks, shermanirvin!) Why does the opening remind me so much of the cherry in La Petite Robe Noire?? (also courtesy of shermanirving, and BTW, are Basenoters great, or what!!)
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Fab day on the Basenotes Roja Dove Day and tour!

Met some *lovely* Basenoters ...

Like Nukes, am in Ormonde Jayne Woman. I'm hearing you on the Tocade comparison!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Exquisitely Me - Congratulations! :wave:

and

:wave: Yay for Leesee! :wave:

After a warm soak a splash of Olibanum (Profumum Roma) and I'm off to dreamland! That was a looong day.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Eau des Merveilles today. I received two compliments on it too!

ExMe, congratulations on the new job.

TaoLady, so how was the Blu? Love the name, really love the bottle!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Just saw one of these ads on TV & thought of exquisitely_me:

Blog Entries

Hi all. Congratulations to some and happy days to everyone!

Today's SOTD is my first test of Montale Royal Aoud.

In the reviews, much has been said about the subtle differences between the Montale Aouds. If I had to describe this one, it would be a "fresh" oud.

You know that mix of citrus on top and inoffensive leather in the base that's the formula for hundreds of work-safe men's designer frags? (Think Gucci by Gucci pour Homme, Vera Wang, L'Homme, Boss Pure, etc.) This is basically that with oud.

There's a little rose, but not enough to scare off men who are worried about that. Yes, the opening is weird, like all the Montale ouds, but the main point of this seems to be a kind of pleasant fresh citrus with a bit of medicinal notes from the oud.

The base smells to me like blackberry jam, but with a little mold (hey, it's got oud in it - if you want completely safe, don't wear oud...).

This is quite nice, and even work-safe if you don't over-apply. I'm actually quite amazed that Montale made this work.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Congratulations, exquisitely me!
    Welcome Darwinia.
    Here's to another 1000 Leesee.

I wore Passage d'Enfer this morning, and I just can't decide for the evening. I'm eyeing my Jicky parfum.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau de Guerlain this AM. Eau de Badian tonight.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

I so love reading about everybody's day, whether adventurous, monotonous, joyous, or sedate. It comforts me to know everyone is out there doing their thing and doing fine.

Welcome Darwinia!

exquisitely me, WONDERFUL NEWS! DD is lucky to have you, and I knew it was only a matter of time before someone snatched you up (besides Daniel)!

Congrats to you too Inees! You've been working hard for just ages now and I'm glad it's paying off.

Leesee, I'll join the squad-- "Yay for Leesee!"

Une Zeste des Rose for me today. Appropriate as it's sunny and gorgeous outside, and I've been pruning the roses.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Zegna Intenso...Gary

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I'm sampling Brezza di Mare today, thanks to our beautiful BlackCat! I like it - I like it a lot! I've noticed that Astaroth and Taolady both wear it regularly. And speaking of Astaroth, where IS he???
    I'm still around, Haunani. My work schedule became insane, and I have virtually no free time anymore. I only sleep about 5 hours per night, and often have to work weekends. But I still peek in at BN occasionally to see what's going on ... and I wore Brezza di Mare three days ago. Today I'm wearing Armani Attitude.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 12th June 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Wow!!! I am away for one day and we get all kinds of news
    Congratulations ineespenes on your exam
    Congratulations exquisitely me for your new job.
    Love Twolf and Tang's outings. More of that please...
    Welcome to Darwinia
    Congratulations Leesee

I can't wait to read a full report on the Roja Dove meeting.

I was too sick to wear anything yesterday. I probably slept most of the day. I was going to go to work in the afternoon, but DH did not let me. I was running a fever (101.9). Today I am much better.
    I wore SL Louve, but could barely smell it.

I am glad the weekend is almost here.

Twolf, thanks for the get-well wishes!
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I'm still around, Haunani. My work schedule became insane, and I have virtually no free time anymore. I only sleep about 5 hours per night, and often have to work weekends. But I still peek in at BN occasionally to see what's going on ... and I wore Brezza di Mare three days ago. Today I'm wearing Armani Attitude.
    What????
    Only one perfume? You really must be busy!
    Take good care Astaroth, we miss you.
    Evenstar

Congrats, Lessa. And, ChantillyLace, I love the pug! Does he/she snore like my long departed Peggy Sue? (I love Buddy Holly) I just discovered Habanita, so that is my scent for today. It has everything but the kitchen sink in there and it really intrigues me.

[QUOTE=arwen_elf;1537095]Wow!!! I am away for one day and we get all kinds of news

I was too sick to wear anything yesterday. I probably slept most of the day. I was going to go to work in the afternoon, but DH did not let me. I was running a fever (101.9). Today I am much better.
    I wore SL Louve, but could barely smell it.

I adore Louve! It's one of my go-tos when I don't know what else to wear/do. Such a shame you couldn't smell it but hopefully you'll feel even better tomorrow than today so you can enjoy your aroma again
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

This morning I posted that I was wearing Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare and that I knew that I would still be able to smell it in the late afternoon. Well!

Exactly 13 hours after I applied the fragrance (and recalling that I just applied one spritz) my husband caught a whiff of it and said, "Mmmm, that smells good, what is it?"

Now that is longevity!

Hey exquisitely! Here's to your new job! :bounce: Hee.

Hey there, Darwinia!

Congrats, Leesee! TaraYvonne once said something about how she likes a place where you're rewarded for blabbing.

....After an insanely loooong day yesterday, I 'channeled' Sunnyfunny, and wore Tocade to bed.
    Sweeeeet. I like being channeled!

And again today, Tocade.

Have a frookin' awesome evening, everyone!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 12th June 2009 at 04:38 AM. Reason: bathtub

Etat Libre d'Orange
    ROSSY DE PALMA

Hello, Fooferdings! ...
    What in heaven's name is a Fooferding?! What an adorable word!

Congratulations to EM! What great news!!! (I'll have a black coffee and a cruller -- or two.)

Welcome to Darwinia! I see you are having fun with PG fragrances. Yum!

Astaroth, it's great to see you! And Rogalal, I'm glad you're posting in this thread. I read your comments with interest.

I enjoyed the Sakecat/BlackCat photo. What fun it must have been to get together!

It's been a long day here. I woke up with an unseasonable craving for Safran Troublant. I am going to bed with an extra spritz of same. Good night, special folks!

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Fab day on the Basenotes Roja Dove Day and tour!

Met some *lovely* Basenoters ...

Like Nukes, am in Ormonde Jayne Woman. I'm hearing you on the Tocade comparison!
    You have SUCH an awesome knack for finding those comparisons; from now on whenever something is doing my head in, I need to a) take you with me, b) send you a sample, or c) learn to channel your thoughts