Code of Conduct

Default looking for scent for gf: fresh, light, fruity

Hello All,

After having sorted out my own wardrobe, I'd like to find a scent for my girlfriend. She's not much a fragrance type at all, and isn't a fan of classics like No 5 or most Guerlain products. She tends to like light, fruity, fresh scents... preferably raspberry involved? Kenneth Cole's Reaction for men comes to mind in its fruity nature, but I'm looking for something more feminine.

Any suggestions?

S
    Last edited by killer_deep; 11th June 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Default Re: looking for scent for gf: fresh, light, fruity

Don't know about raspberry, but one of my very favorite fruity scents is Azzaro Couture, which has a great mango note in it. Excellent, superb quality.

Diesel Fuel for Life is a nice fruity mixed with herbs. I would sample this one first, though.
    Similar to Oyedo, which has a concord grape note mixed with lime. Also worth sampling, and very unique.

Although you said she wasn't crazy about classics, Guerlain's Chant d'aromes has some peach in it.
    Also, another interesting peach scent is Peau de peche, by Keiko Mecheri.

For orange/mandarin notes, I would try Clarins Par Amour Toujours, Givenchy Organza Indecence or Parfums de Nicholai Maharani.

The Perfume Court or Lucky Scent is a great way of sampling.
    Last edited by Lessa; 11th June 2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

L'Artisan Mure & Musc (blackberry) or Ananas Fizz ( Pineapple) are both fresh and fruity.

Emma

Gap - So Pink
    YSL - Baby Doll Paris
    Gres - Caline

These are some of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace View Post
    L'Artisan Mure & Musc (blackberry) or Ananas Fizz ( Pineapple) are both fresh and fruity.
    Both very good. L'artisan's Mimosa is another excellent light fruity scent.

But Raspberry specifically, I'd say Bond's Bryant Park is a must try, if she doesn't like that, try Bond's scent of peace while you're there, and if she likes scent of peace, try Eclat d' arpege incase she likes eclat more.

L'Artisan is the house, if you want light/transparent. They have several floral with berry/raspberry notes. Mimosa Pour Moi was the first that came to mind. Mure et Musc or Mure et Musc colognes might be a good choice as well.
    Also Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Vocalise is a nice light jammy floral.
    For department store scents- check out Promesse (black berry) and Paris LE Roses des Bois (green floral-rose- and blackberry). You may have to get the Paris LE online, because it's a LE from a few years ago.
    Philosophy's Falling in Love is like blackberry scented cotton candy.

Escada's Beach Lounge is very fruity, with major strawberry and raspberry notes.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Sur la Plage

Another vote for Philosophy Falling in Love.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

She might want to try Escada Ibiza Hippie , Trish McEvoy #9, Becker Eshaya B.E., or Keiko Mecheri Hanae
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th June 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Seconding Ananas Fizz, adding ByRedo Pulp (sample first - this one might not fit the 'light' criteria).
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Quote Originally Posted by leffleur View Post
    L'Artisan is the house, if you want light/transparent. They have several floral with berry/raspberry notes. Mimosa Pour Moi was the first that came to mind. Mure et Musc or Mure et Musc colognes might be a good choice as well.
    Also Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Vocalise is a nice light jammy floral.
    For department store scents- check out Promesse (black berry) and Paris LE Roses des Bois (green floral-rose- and blackberry). You may have to get the Paris LE online, because it's a LE from a few years ago.
    Philosophy's Falling in Love is like blackberry scented cotton candy.
    I tried both Mimosa and Vocalise and really liked them both. Both have my two thumbs up, Vocalise more so on the full bottle worthiness. Actually Lucky Scent has Vocalise on sale right now for $60 for a 100ml bottle.
    Last edited by mamakat7; 14th November 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Not many folks give it respect, but Guerlain's My Insolence is really nice. Sure, its a ditzy fruity fun fragrance - but I think it smells very classy. My wife wears it every day and it smells fabulous on her...

Teddius

For scents with raspberry/ strawberry try Miss Dior cherie, Diamonds, Insolence. Another fruity scent is Champs Elysees.

If you get a bunch of samples anyway, you could _try_ her in Chanel Cristalle? It's not fruity, and some people find it challenging, but I don't, but then again I love galbanum...

OK, OK, fruity:
    Annick Goutal Petite Cherie (Pears)
    Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte (Blackberries?)
    Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange. And there are many other fruity Pacificas.
    Jo Malone Wild Fig & Cassis - or, really, many of the Jo Malones, though that's the most sweet-fruity that I know of. (White Jasmine & Mint is fresh and light and really lovely, but no fruit.)
    Parfums de Nicolai Fig Tea. Very bright and fruity.
    Diptyque Philosykis (another fig)

Maybe Delices de Cartier for Women?

http://www.beautyencounter.com/34322...21.html?search

Or look at www.loccitane.com for ideas, they have some nice fresh scents with bath and body products there.

For goodness sakes, the dude was looking for a fragrance 5 months ago, never left a word of follow up on what he decided. Forget it!