Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default (This one's for RHM) Match fragrances with Mel Brooks movies/one-liners/lyrics, etc.

We seem to have struck a nerve (in the funny bone) this week in reference to Young Frankenstein* and Blazing Saddles.

If, as RHM says, Chamade connotes Teri Garr's "Roll in zee hay," what else can we connect to some of our favorite Brooks scripts?

(Post links to YouTube clips like this, if you can, please.)

*For the record, Gene Wilder is responsible for the genesis of YF with the support of Mr. Brooks.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: (This one's for RHM) Match fragrances with Mel Brooks movies/one-liners/lyrics, e

Well, still in the Young Frankenstein mode, I think some frankincense scent, eg. Ayala Moriel's Bois D'Hiver would go well with "My name is Frahnk-ehn-SCHTONE."
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: (This one's for RHM) Match fragrances with Mel Brooks movies/one-liners/lyrics, e

This may turn out to be the second-worst thread I've started, but I'll try to pump a little inspiration into it.

Chamade for Teri Garr's "roll in zee hay."

Now, what fragrance is the "Put the candle back!" candle?

Madeline Kahn played many memorable rolls:
    Elizabeth in Young Frankenstein, Empress Nympho in The History of the World, Part 1, Lily Von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles, among others.
    What would be the sig scent for her varying personalities?

What do we smell of Frau Blucher -- Horses, yes? So, Dzing!?

Amy Yasbeck (Mrs. John Ritter) as Maid Marian with her naughty chastity belt in Robin Hood, Men in Tights, enjoyed her baths.

What scented her bath water?

Don't know how many times we've seen Spaceballs.
    The spoiled Druish Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) must have had all the perfumes a girl could wnt.

What about real-life co-star, wife Anne Bancroft? It's good to be the king ...

What a nose! What hump?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hah -- pump it up, Quarry!
    I think Lily von Schtupp would wear Knize Ten. Lovely teutonic-leather tones.
    And I think Bart would wear Ouarzazate as he rode through the desert in Blazing Saddles.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Plus

HA!
    You crack me up, Quarry!
    I think Mel Brooks is hilarious, Young Frankenstein & Blazing Saddles are two of my favorite funny movies. Then again, we could always branch out to include Monte Python! Plenty Of Lumberjack & Killer Rabbit fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    HA!
    You crack me up, Quarry!
    I think Mel Brooks is hilarious, Young Frankenstein & Blazing Saddles are two of my favorite funny movies. Then again, we could always branch out to include Monte Python! Plenty Of Lumberjack & Killer Rabbit fragrances.
    OMG, of course Monty Python and let's not forget Rocky Horror. The Time Warp far surpasses any other line dance in known history.

Quarry is making my brain hurt!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Elizabeth in YF should wear Metal for the icy green coldness.

Robin Hood belongs in Ormonde Man.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    Elizabeth in YF should wear Metal for the icy green coldness.

Robin Hood belongs in Ormonde Man.
    YES!!!!

And Rocky Horror! I LOVE that movie!!!!! I know all the songs. *dances around doin' the Time warp*
    How about Escentric 02 for doing the Time Warp?

From Aedes web site: "Escentric 02 uses an unparalleled concentration of ambroxan, in combination with vetiver and muscone, a particularly gorgeous nature-identical musk. Orris, elderflower extract and hedione lead into the instant effervescence of the topnote, again, a fresh mineral effect. Schoen free-associates: Gin and tonic, a hint of an Austrian lemonade called almdudler, the whiff that you get when you first open a brand-new Apple laptop It's a clear, clean scent, but it dries down to something warm, sexy and elusive. If the Escentric Molecules repertoire has a hint of paradox at its heart, you might say, in this case, that Escentric 02 has a haunting sparkle."

Ahh Young Frankenstein with Marty Feldman

going down the stairs to the lab.......2 years dead....6months dead.......freshly dead! :bounce:
    Got to be 'Dirt' by Demeter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtA1jqIJJDw

and who doesn't have a secret yen to be as outrageous as Lily von Shtupp? (bringing a whole new meaning to being tired).
    Last edited by pofox; 12th June 2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: add link address

Princess Vespa might wear Lanvin's Oxygène. For Lone Starr, an eponymous fragrance from Andy Tauer.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Blog Entries

The movie/play: The Producers
    The fragrance: Hard Candy by Hard Candy
    The quote (by Max Bialystock to Ulla): "I want you to know, my dear, that even though we are sitting down, we are giving you a standing ovation!"
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thank you all, especially odys, for saving this from becoming an "unanswered thread."

I looove Mel Brooks movies!

What about Madame X for Empress Nympho? No, no, no, no, yes, no, no, no, YEEEEEEESSS!

PS I didn't know what Mel Brooks was married to Anne Bancroft! Wow, she's still gorgeous.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inscentiable View Post
    Anne Bancroft! Wow, she's still gorgeous.
    From what I understand, they were crazy in love with each other, and I could imagine that from either one's perspective. Sadly, Anne died in 2005.

When I googled her name with the word perfume yesterday, I turned up a reference (at perfumeshrine's blog) to her having worn Brise en Provence (translation: View of Provence). Sadly, I couldn't fine any further reference. One would guess there'd be lavender in BeP.

Basenotes Plus

I've always thought it was much more difficult to be truly funny as an actor that to be serious. (At least it was for me.) It was a timing thing.

I can see the two of them together.

Wonder if Mel wears scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Thank you all, especially odys, for saving this from becoming an "unanswered thread."
    Glad to see this is still alive!
    Mongo in Blazing Saddles was a sensitive sort. I'm sure that after he bathed (once every ten years) he'd apply a mango-note scent (Mongo like mango...) such as Un Jardin apres le mousson.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life..."
    odysseusm

For Gene Hackman's character in the b&w Young Frankenstein: Ava Luxe Café Noir.

"Wait, where are you going? I was going to make espresso."
    Last edited by tang; 13th June 2009 at 04:59 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Blog Entries

Ah, Mel! How I remember howling at "The Producers" when I first saw that one!

For one of my favorite Spaceballs characters, Dark Helmet...(Rick Moranis)...

Colonel Sandurz: Prepare ship for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, no, light speed is too slow.
    Colonel Sandurz: Light speed, too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed.

[King Roland has given in to Dark Helmet's threats, and is telling him the combination to the "air shield"]
    Roland: One.
    Dark Helmet: One.
    Colonel Sandurz: One.
    Roland: Two.
    Dark Helmet: Two.
    Colonel Sandurz: Two.
    Roland: Three.
    Dark Helmet: Three.
    Colonel Sandurz: Three.
    Roland: Four.
    Dark Helmet: Four.
    Colonel Sandurz: Four.
    Roland: Five.
    Dark Helmet: Five.
    Colonel Sandurz: Five.
    Dark Helmet: So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

Later...

President Skroob: Did it work? Where's the king?
    Dark Helmet: It worked, sir. We have the combination.
    President Skroob: Great. Now we can take every last breath of fresh air from Planet Druidia. What's the combination?
    Colonel Sandurz: 1-2-3-4-5
    President Skroob: 1-2-3-4-5?
    Colonel Sandurz: Yes!
    President Skroob: That's amazing. I've got the same combination on my luggage.
    Dark Helmet, Colonel Sandurz: [looks at each other]

He needs one of my favorite "black" fragrances - so strong and dark and over the top. Whenever I put it on, I know it's too much, but I love it anyway...

Tom Ford Extreme

Basenotes Plus

I laughed so hard at Dark Helmet, my ribs ached for days!

Mel does that to me.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    "Prepare ship for light speed."
    So, when "They've gone to plaid," does that mean the speed of Burberry?