Code of Conduct

Thread: Incense Tibet.

Blog Entries

Question Incense Tibet.

No reviews in the Fragrance Directory so, anyone try this and, if so, would like your opinion please? That is Ava Luxe Incense Tibet.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 12th June 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Default Re: Incense Tibet.

From the Ava Luxe website the notes are: Coconut, Tunisian Musk, Rose Maroc Absolute, Night Queen, Balsam Copaiba, Himalayan Cedar, Virginia Cedar, Sandalwood, Indian Amber, Vanilla, Patchouli, Vetiver, Mhyrr, Benzoin.

Ava Luxe Tibetan incense is a sweet (coconut) exotic floral (night queen) scent mixed with a blend of traditional incense notes. It is very uplifting and lively scented and potent but it never departs from an incense category. This is one you must spritz the air and walk through the mist or you will be over scented. Definitely smells like stick incense I've smelled before, but I associate the scent more with a celebration in India (a wedding or party) rather than what you might get with a smokey agarwood incense characteristic of tibetan incense. Tibetan Incense is also more feminine in nature from the sweetness and floral side of this incense.

The exotic nature of Tibetan Incense by Ava Luxe does really transport you like incense fragrances often do. But Tib Incense takes you to a place of celebration and joy rather than the quiet and contemplative.

Hillaire

I disagree that it is feminine. I agree that it has the evocative,environmental incense quality of some others like Etro MdM and Annayake Miyako, but I think its perfectly wearable. I think it has a salubrious, healing quality. It's my favorite of the AL incense scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I disagree that it is feminine. I agree that it has the evocative,environmental incense quality of some others like Etro MdM and Annayake Miyako, but I think its perfectly wearable. I think it has a salubrious, healing quality. It's my favorite of the AL incense scents.
    I like this fragrance too, but I felt a feminine designation gives it a distinction to show its difference from the many other incenses out there that are smokey and resinous of some type. I hesitate to say any fragrance is feminine or masculine as far as who should use it; but I think fragrances can have masculine or feminine traits. Incense Tibet is like an "earth mother" scent to my nose that almost identifies the night smells in the countryside of India.
    I have a bottle and enjoy the fragrance, but if you can apply gender to a fragrance this one tends slightly more feminine than masculine as far as incenses go. It is a mesmerizing fragrance and its incense characteristics come from the multiple woods and resins are hypnotic and a bit masculine. But rolling over the top of these wood notes is the sweet of coconut oil and the perfumed exotic scent of Night Queen that both have a distinctly Indian and a feminime feel. Night Queen is a flower whose blossoms open each night in the hot season of India to release its sweet perfume into the night air. This evening scent memory mixed with the earthiness of resins and woods is very much an earthy but feminine Indian scent image to those who try to remember, "what does India smell like?" It is a smell of Mother Earth asleep, the scent of Gaia through the night breezes.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 12th June 2009 at 07:26 PM.