Code of Conduct

Default Bulgari Soir - Similar to Bulgari Pour Homme?

I've been trying to find something that can replace Bulgari Pour Homme original because its longevity is so horrid, lasts a mere 1-2 hours and then poof., and I found Soir to be very reminiscent of it, and lasts long! I still smell it after 7-8 hours on paper. Do you guys recommend Soir? Is it great and similar in your view?

Default Re: Bulgari Soir - Similar to Bulgari Pour Homme?

Oh yes. Bvlgari Soir is definately similar to Bulgari PH. However if you are having longevity issues, I would suggest you should try Bvlgari PH Extreme. All three of these have that distinct Bvlgari "smoothness" and are based around that note so they are all similar. Bvlgari PH Extreme is just the longer lasting version of Bvlgari PH.

Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    Oh yes. Bvlgari Soir is definately similar to Bulgari PH. However if you are having longevity issues, I would suggest you should try Bvlgari PH Extreme. All three of these have that distinct Bvlgari "smoothness" and are based around that note so they are all similar. Bvlgari PH Extreme is just the longer lasting version of Bvlgari PH.
    I think Extreme deviates from the original...I smelled it on paper once and it was more peppery and not at all similar to Pour homme, I guess I'll try it again. Are you saying Extreme is the identical version of Pour Homme, but only "Extreme" written on the bottle?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

It depends on what you like best in BpH.

If its the tea note, then you will like the Soir edition

If its citrus and musk, Extreme will be the edition for you.

Both Soir and Extreme have very good longevity.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Apart from them both having tea notes in them, I can't see much similarity at all between Soir and Blvgari Black.
    Black is a strong ambery oriental, Soir isn't.

I have the same problem with Black, it's potency is gone after about three hours.
    Renato

Tonino Lamborghini Chrono

There is absolutely no obvious similarity between Soir and the normal version. The Soir's first hour or so is diminated by a very present papyrus / amber note, while the normal version has citrus/pepper/musk.

The only thing they have in common, is the quiet drydown. However, Soir's drydown is aromatic tea and white musk, while the origina's drydown is just pepper and white musk.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    There is absolutely no obvious similarity between Soir and the normal version. The Soir's first hour or so is diminated by a very present papyrus / amber note, while the normal version has citrus/pepper/musk.

The only thing they have in common, is the quiet drydown. However, Soir's drydown is aromatic tea and white musk, while the origina's drydown is just pepper and white musk.

well said. personally, i love Soir and found the Ph boring and too soapy over a period of time. Soir is simply incredible and doesnt bear any resemblance to Ph. on the other hand, if you are lookign for something similar to Ph then do try out their Cologne series, even the extreme wont please you if you have Ph in mind.

That's probably personal, because I tried to love soir, but it hit me in the head every time with a papyrus baseball bat. I had to sell it. The original Bulgari PH is a holy grail for me, it's so pleasing and versatile, and you can layer it with *anything*.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post

That's probably personal, because I tried to love soir, but it hit me in the head every time with a papyrus baseball bat. I had to sell it. The original Bulgari PH is a holy grail for me, it's so pleasing and versatile, and you can layer it with *anything*.

i used to be a Bulgari Ph freak myself, and still respect it as an ideal tea based scent. but thn...

Cheers

I own both Soir and PH, and prefer Soir by a wide margin. It wears close and is subtle; excellent for business wear in a suit; very sophisticated and discreet, but long-lasting.

I think it's hard to go wrong with any of the Bvlgari PH flankers. I prefer Extreme, but over-wore it. I'll echo Urgetopurge regarding the Extreme - I find it's a bit more "green" than the original, but longevity is superb.

At one point I owned both and found myself using Extreme more than the original. Wonderful, classy fragrance - all 3 - but I didn't see the need to get Soir.