Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Talking Emeraude Returns!!! Update, not quite....

I made a discovery while trying Mazzolari Fleurs D'Oranger. I kept getting wafting notes of Emeraude, but softer, more sophisticated. I knew that the unusual combination of Orange Blossom and Jasmine was the main element that created Emeraude. I have only a somewhat flat vintage bottle from the 1960-70's, and I doubt it comes close to the elegance of the original 1930's version.

My scent memory was really kicking in, so I checked the Mazzolari, and the main notes; Orange Blossom, Jasmine and Musk, check out. Mazzolari scents are high quality so I didn't hesitate to order a bottle.
    I think a new generation of the old Coty Emeraude glory is born!

I had to update this post. When I sprayed from the bottle, a full blown orange Blossom experience was waiting for me. I'm not sure what is lacking for Emeraude in it's glory. Juding from the color of the juice, I'm thinking maybe galbanum, vetiver or one of the chypre top notes. Possibly more musk is needed, too. This is still a fantastic perfume. I was strolling out of the post office with this on & I thought, "Wow, there must be a mock orange bush nearby". I turned & looked, but there was nothing but rocks & asphalt. It was me! I smelled incredible!
    Last edited by kumquat; 20th June 2009 at 08:44 PM.

Default Re: Emeraude Returns!!!

This sounds like something to try!
    Somebody gave me a small bottle of Emeraude in the mid-eighties and I wore it shamelessly back then. It was very nice, and I thought it was very sophisticated for a 22 year-old. Back then I wore White Linen...and of course Eau de Patou
    Evenstar

Default Re: Emeraude Returns!!!

Wow! A reincarnation, how exciting! Thanks to your astute sense of smell, we'll be able to find an old favorite reborn ~ thanks kumquat!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Emeraude Returns!!! Update, not quite....

Fragrant update. See my first post.