Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default leathers leathers leathers: Knize Ten Golden Edition

First i bought a bottle of Rive Gauche today...now i get my Knize Ten in the mail! a good day for everso fragrances

Ever since Cuiron got me back into scents as a hobby 6 months ago (true story), i've been searching for a gang of 'leather' scents. I've squinted with horror at some (Dzing!), been confused with others (SMN Nostalgia), and have been trying to talk myself into buying others (Bel Ami).

I had a sample of Knize Ten sent to me a few months ago by Jeff C. A generous sample which gave me an overview. At first i didn't really like it that much, however then i started to 'crave' it.......over the past few months, every once in a while i'd spray it and be enthralled by it. I thought it wasn't as leathery as everyone said, and felt a bit more powdery and old-person-ish....but still, i really did start to love it.....

Knize Ten is NOT out of production. I've found out that some of the suppliers for the ingredients are not delivering them in time for production, hence the production has been stalled.....i guess the amount in the shops have since sold out. Knize as a company is definitely still around, and it's POSSIBLE that Knize Ten might get reformulated in the process just to get it put back in production....but who knows!

Anyway, i bought a 125ml Knize Ten GOLDEN EDITION off a fellow Basenoter this week and got in the mail today. Holy leather glory! i've hit the bloody jackpot. I've been conserving my little Cuir Ottoman sample i got from Aedes a few weeks ago, desperate to keep it going til i get my proper bottle....but i gotta say that this Knize Golden Edition has made me forget all about it now! This is MORE concentrated in leather than the original, with less powder, and overall just seems like a sharper, more down to business version of Knize Ten. Ultra classy.

There is a little pamphlet inside the box, and here's what it says:

"October 1925 was the starting point for the triumphal march of "Knize Ten" - a delicate fragrance composed of ambergris, ylang-ylang, leather, jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, and musk, that became the embodiment of an exclusive aristrocratic line for men - worldwide. The limited "Golden Edition" is launched at the turn of the millenium to mark the 75th anniversary of the "Knize Ten" success story. The inimitable leather scent is slightly stronger and longer lasting as the classic "Knize Ten"

Cuiron has a big brother in my collection now. A really powerful, hardcore, no-fucking-around big brother.....fantastic.
    Last edited by everso; 6th August 2008 at 09:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: leathers leathers leathers: Knize Ten Golden Edition

OK, this was not what I needed or wanted today... How do we find a bottle of this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    OK, this was not what I needed or wanted today... How do we find a bottle of this?
    well troubling enough, that further information on this "golden edition" is really pretty nonexistent!

all i can say is that the bottle has a black label instead of a white one, and the box says "golden edition" and "fragrance of the century" on it! (lol).

i'll try to post a pic of the bottle/box in the next few days.

meanwhile, if i find any further info, i'll pass it along.

Post Thanks / Like

Longer lasting than the regular? It looks like I must have. Already the old juice lasts on me like a Montale oudh!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you can order it from Knize in Austria, office@knize.at, but I don´t think they ship overseas.
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Post Thanks / Like

Erfl....So close (to getting a bottle) and yet so far! They won't ship to the US?

I bought my bottle at the Swann Pharmacy, Rue de Castiglione, Paris (in the same block as JAR and Annick Goutal). When I asked the saleslady she told me the same thing as on the leaflet inside the box:
    it''s the same only stronger and longer lasting than the regular Knize Ten. The only difference I find is that the Golden Edition lacks the initial strong blast of the original, which I've likened to an old fashioned alarm clock going off.

The Swann Pharmacy ( which also carries the complete Creed and Acqua di Parma lines) may ship. They were very good with the VAT forms.
    I should have asked them when I was there (Jan.) but didn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Paintrman....No they don´t ship to the U.S, they told me there were problems with the U.S. customs in the past. But you can ask them maybe they changed their minds.
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried writing an email to the Knize AT office email address last month inquiring about their fragrances, however I never received any reply. I have just now written to the Swann Pharmacie asking them if they stock the Golden Edition or any Knize fragrances at all! i'll let you know what they tell me....

i'm interested, because i wouldn't mind buying another bottle as backup as well. Let me know if you guys find anything else out about stockists.

cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everso. I will keep watching the thread to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    First i bought a bottle of Rive Gauche today...now i get my Knize Ten in the mail! a good day for everso fragrances

Ever since Cuiron got me back into scents as a hobby 6 months ago (true story), i've been searching for a gang of 'leather' scents. I've squinted with horror at some (Dzing!), been confused with others (SMN Nostalgia), and have been trying to talk myself into buying others (Bel Ami).

I had a sample of Knize Ten sent to me a few months ago by Jeff C. A generous sample which gave me an overview. At first i didn't really like it that much, however then i started to 'crave' it.......over the past few months, every once in a while i'd spray it and be enthralled by it. I thought it wasn't as leathery as everyone said, and felt a bit more powdery and old-person-ish....but still, i really did start to love it.....

Knize Ten is NOT out of production. I've found out that some of the suppliers for the ingredients are not delivering them in time for production, hence the production has been stalled.....i guess the amount in the shops have since sold out. Knize as a company is definitely still around, and it's POSSIBLE that Knize Ten might get reformulated in the process just to get it put back in production....but who knows!

Anyway, i bought a 125ml Knize Ten GOLDEN EDITION off a fellow Basenoter this week and got in the mail today. Holy leather glory! i've hit the bloody jackpot. I've been conserving my little Cuir Ottoman sample i got from Aedes a few weeks ago, desperate to keep it going til i get my proper bottle....but i gotta say that this Knize Golden Edition has made me forget all about it now! This is MORE concentrated in leather than the original, with less powder, and overall just seems like a sharper, more down to business version of Knize Ten. Ultra classy.

There is a little pamphlet inside the box, and here's what it says:

"October 1925 was the starting point for the triumphal march of "Knize Ten" - a delicate fragrance composed of ambergris, ylang-ylang, leather, jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, and musk, that became the embodiment of an exclusive aristrocratic line for men - worldwide. The limited "Golden Edition" is launched at the turn of the millenium to mark the 75th anniversary of the "Knize Ten" success story. The inimitable leather scent is slightly stronger and longer lasting as the classic "Knize Ten"

Cuiron has a big brother in my collection now. A really powerful, hardcore, no-fucking-around big brother.....fantastic.
    Oh my goodness. do not point it at anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

...i'm interested, because i wouldn't mind buying another bottle as backup as well. Let me know if you guys find anything else out about stockists.
    cheers!
    To the best of my knowledge, headquarters of Knize are in or near Munich/Germany . Maybe you can get them to ship it. Or try 'First in Fragrance / Ausliebe Zum Duft / Germany here. The owner is usually very helpful. They export to the US, and do reply to mails. If he cannot get the Jubilee edition for you, he might still be able to give you advice. Don't expect discounts, though.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, the Original and the Golden Edition, and must admit I like the Original better. The Golden Edition is somewhat out of balance, the leather-notes too harsh and the overall impression quite aggressive.
    Either way, both are great, but I think the regular version is the one to deal with!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    I have both, the Original and the Golden Edition, and must admit I like the Original better. The Golden Edition is somewhat out of balance, the leather-notes too harsh and the overall impression quite aggressive.
    Either way, both are great, but I think the regular version is the one to deal with!
    i don't find it very harsh...i find it to be more pure actually. one of the things i didn't like much in the original Knize 10 was the more powdery tones....which are greatly reduced in the GE....i think its sharper and more focused.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't find it very harsh...i find it to be more pure actually. one of the things i didn't like much in the original Knize 10 was the more powdery tones....which are greatly reduced in the GE....i think its sharper and more focused.
    I received my bottle today and I'm very impressed! Knize Ten Golden Edition is awesome! I can relate to the descriptions above. It's different enough to justify a purchase. What a gorgeous leather fragrance! I mean Knize Ten is one of the greatest anyway and the golden edition is at least as good; it's different but leather all the way. I love it!!

Btw. my box is all black and the label on the bottle is as well black.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 12th June 2009 at 06:00 PM.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! What a shock I just had when I saw the title of this thread and then gazed upon the thread starter. I was like "He's BACK!!??" Guess not...
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I just sampled Knize Ten for the first time. Interesting and well done, but for me there must be something pleasant about a frag, and there is just no pleasantness in Knize Ten. It starts harsh but soon ends in a whimper (at least with my skin chemistry; one spray to chest). So far, the only "leather" frags I've liked are Everlast Original 1910 and FUBU Plush for men (suede). I think it's that for me leather notes can only be background players. Once they are pushed to the foreground, they are too harsh.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Knize Ten and the Gold Edition just the same juice but in a different bottle?

I own Knize Ten and tried the GE but as far as my nose remembers, there was no difference.

But perhaps I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    Isn't Knize Ten and the Gold Edition just the same juice but in a different bottle?

I own Knize Ten and tried the GE but as far as my nose remembers, there was no difference.

No, Golden Edition is a harsher, sharper more crude-like take on Knize Ten. I prefer the original much more for its softer, yet still intensly bitchy casteroum-filled leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post

Didn't you compare them side by side?
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

the ghost is back... if only for a minute
    sometimes i miss the old scoundrel
    At your service

A stronger and longer-lasting Knize Ten...

the mind reels...

I like the frag a lot, but it's easily one of the strongest--if not THE strongest--cologne in my collection, both in terms of potency and persistence.

Speaking of leathers, I wore (thanks to a generous B'noterwho sent me a vial) Creed's Royal English Leather for the first time a few nights ago, and I now have a new leather king. Extraordinary fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

If Knize.at or Ausliedezumduft would at least ship within the EU, then Knize Ten Golden Edition would certainly be worth a deal!