Code of Conduct

Default Romance vs Romance Silver

So i decided my next cologne purchase will be Kenneth Cole new york and im deciding on Romance or Silver. Any help?

I smelled Romance in a magazine and it smelled very nice, masculine. What are your opinions on the two. Which do you enjoy more for those that owned or have smelled both.

I enjoy any fresh, citrus, powdery scents.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Romance vs Romance Silver

I went for Romance Silver myself, way back when. I don't wear it much any more. I bought it back then because it was uber-discreet, which is no longer a criterion for me! So I might almost say, go with Romance, because it's a bit stronger (if I remember correctly), and you like it, which is the most important thing.

I'll bet you would like some of the Chanel masculines, if you like fresh, citrus, and powdery. I know it's hard to find, but Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche is very likely right up your alley. Available at Nordstrom. I'm seriously considering getting this very soon.

I bought a bottle of Romance Silver last year because it was really cheap (on clearance at Walgreens). I thought it was OK, but just never feel the urge to wear it. The drydown comes off a bit flat and slightly cheap smelling. Not bad but not great. Kind of boring. A similar fragrance that I find preferable would be Gucci Pour Homme II.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    A similar fragrance that I find preferable would be Gucci Pour Homme II.
    Do you mean Gucci, by Gucci Pour Homme? I have both and would agree, and like Gucci better. GPH II smells more like Penhaligon's Opus 1872.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    Do you mean Gucci, by Gucci Pour Homme? I have both and would agree, and like Gucci better. GPH II smells more like Penhaligon's Opus 1872.
    Nope. I was talking about Gucci Pour Homme II. Not identical, but to me it seems they're trying to convey the same vibe. I haven't smelled the new Gucci, nor Opus 1872, but it sounds like I probably should if they are similar to the respective scents, especially Opus 1872.

The new Gucci is very similar to Romance Silver, but better (except for the longevity, at least from the general comments). It has almost an 80's powerhouse feel to it, without exactly being overwhelming. I quite like it.

I didn't find GPH II all that agreeable at first, but somebody here mentioned it smelled like Opus 1872 to them, so I kept that in mind and low and behold, it sort of had the same vibe. I like Opus better--clove and roses over ceder.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I'm a Huge fan of Romance Silver.....This is one of my go to fragrances.....Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    The new Gucci is very similar to Romance Silver, but better (except for the longevity, at least from the general comments). It has almost an 80's powerhouse feel to it, without exactly being overwhelming. I quite like it.
    You know, I never thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right. If I had to pick anything in my wardrobe that came close to the new Gucci, it would be Romance Silver. But the Gucci is definitely stronger, and I think that's why I like it better.

I may dust off my Romance Silver for those days when I would like to wear the Gucci, but even it is a bit strong (meaning a requirement for negligible sillage right after application).