Code of Conduct

Default If I like Versace Pour Homme but not Aqua Di Gio what else will I like?

Okay so every since I purchased VPH I have been receiving compliments on the fragrance left and right but....I am the type of person who likes to change things up very often. So I was wondering what fragrance I should add next. Here are a few thoughts 1)I love spicy/woody/oriental fragrances (Obesssion for Men, Gucci Envy etc...) 2)I am not a fan of Aqua Di Gio 3)It is very hot in my area right now so I am looking for something more suitable for summer or at least year round.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If I like Versace Pour Homme but not Aqua Di Gio what else will I like?

I like Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient for summer. I consider it a lighter spicy/woody/oriental fragrance - perfect for warmer weather.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: If I like Versace Pour Homme but not Aqua Di Gio what else will I like?

Have you tried Antidote by V&R? If you like Envy you should like it.. it's lighter than Envy though and more suitable for summer. It also evolves quite a bit more.

Two other citrus/aquatics you should definitely check out if you haven't:

Creed Erolfa
    Ineke Derring-Do
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

VPH is the clone of Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Try it

Have you tried Perry ellis red 360 it very similar to Acqua Di Gio.

I'll pass on the 360 red as I do not like Acqua Di Gio. I like Versace Pour Homme but not Acqua Di Gio.

Post Thanks / Like

Give Sander Men a try. Very nice feeling ( I think it is the Myrrh -sp?) that gives it that touch.

Post Thanks / Like

You should probably consider M7

Hugh parsons Blue... a more refined Versace PH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    VPH is the clone of Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Try it
    This is a good suggestion, they are very similar as I've heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    Have you tried Perry ellis red 360 it very similar to Acqua Di Gio.
    Why would he like that, he specifically said he did not like Acqua Di Gio, so why would he like a cheap clone of it?

VPH is similar to Allure Sport in the top notes alone, and its much airier and lighter there as well, whereas Allure Sport is a tad heavier, muskier, and downright sexier. I found VPH to dry down very reminiscent of Acqua Di Gio, albeit more herbal.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 15th June 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Why would he like that, he specifically said he did not like Acqua Di Gio, so why would he like a cheap clone of it?

VPH is similar to Allure Sport in the top notes alone, and its much airier and lighter there as well, whereas Allure Sport is a tad heavier, muskier, and downright sexier. I found VPH to dry down very reminiscent of Acqua Di Gio, albeit more herbal.
    Lol i just thought he might be interest in 360 because 360 red is special scent

Post Thanks / Like

I also adore VPH and hate AdG... And VPH is closer to Allure Sport than to AdG to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    I also adore VPH and hate AdG... And VPH is closer to Allure Sport than to AdG to my mind.
    VPH is going be on my next list as i have Allure Sport, But VPH is cheap then Allure Sport.

Must de Cartier Pour Homme is an exquisite spicy oriental fragrance. I would thoroughly recommend it. Not sure it is specifically suited to summer, but there are no rules. It is especially perfect for evening wear/special occasions. So try it out and see for yourself. I personally love it!!
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 15th June 2009 at 10:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

VPH is going be on my next list as i have Allure Sport, But VPH is cheap then Allure Sport.
    Who cares if Versace Pour Homme is marginally cheaper than Allure Sport, its a matter of one frag being superior.

Who cares if Versace Pour Homme is marginally cheaper than Allure Sport, its a matter of one frag being superior.
    I don't think you can make the claim that either frag is objectively better than the other. Surely, any who tried for either frag would hear a lot of opposition from those who felt the exact opposite!

Even when it comes to two frags that are fairly similar, there are always enough differences to tell them apart. And as they say, the devil is in the details.

Anyhow, back on topic. Another couple frags you might like, as they are citric/herbal/woody combinations:

C&S Citrus Paradisi (I'm not a fan, but it is unique!)
    Z Zegna (citrus + herbs - refreshing)
    Essenza di Zegna (I've not smelled it, but it sounds like it might be up your alley, and this is also by Alberto Morillas who did VPH)
    Homme des Gres (tart lemon and dryyyy woods)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I agreed, but there are two similar so i would go for cheaper rather then paying alot..

Post Thanks / Like

I agreed, but there are two similar so i would go for cheaper rather then paying alot..
    They are not similar enough, they are very different scents with a minor resemblance in the top notes. To use that as justification to save a few dollars at most is idiocy.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 16th June 2009 at 07:50 PM.

Is it really heavier Sokkou brother or is it just sweeter. I have worn both VPH and Allure Sport lately and I must say that Allure Sport seems to be lighter albeit warmer maybe? The thing between the two for me and I love both is that if using the same amount of sprays for each the VPH projects better while the Allure Sport dries down to a sweet scent that is almost unoticiable especially in a night club/bar environment. Allure Sport may be sexier in that it is for more intimate situations but if I was using one to say get attention from girls in a pickup setting (even though I would say there are way more things to do for pickup besides fragrance) I would go for the VPH it projects better.
    Last edited by tbp82; 17th June 2009 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you might enjoy Allure Homme edition Blanche, still bordering on 'fresh' but drys down to more of a sandalwood masculine base.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

There's always the cheap and dependable Bulgary Aqua pour homme ;0 It's one of the better cheap aquatic scents out there. Another alternative is the original Chanel Allure - its top notes have a soapy and herby smell to them and it stays similarly till the light tonka drydown.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: If I like Versace Pour Homme but not Aqua Di Gio what else will I like?

IMO, it's a LOT cheaper. I bought my 200ml bottle of VPH.. yes that's 200ml for 29 shipped, AHS costs north of 40 for just 100ml
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    IMO, it's a LOT cheaper. I bought my 200ml bottle of VPH.. yes that's 200ml for 29 shipped, AHS costs north of 40 for just 100ml
    Lol you bought two bottle of 100ml right cos there ain't 200ml bottle of VPH, of course it much cheaper then AHS which is better.