Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Davidoff Hot Water

Davidoff Hot Water arrives as a fiery oriental, masculine fragrance in September 2009 on the market. Top notes feature absynth and red basil, a heart introduces hot accords of pimento and patchouli, while a base encompasses styrax and benzoin. The flacons is very appealing, coloured in dark red.

What do you think people? What are your prognosis?

Default Re: Davidoff Hot Water

Ridiculous.
    unico grande amore.

It's easy to scoff - what if it's very good?

I'm still surprised I really like the new DKNY Men...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

oh my gosh that name "Hot Water"

Last edited by scentimus; 15th June 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Wow! How original hahaa I may like it though but I just think that's really funny

I'm quite curious to see what they name the Hot Water flankers...

Now, they're really scrapping the barrel here. LOL!

Bottle design looks like it contains mouth-water.

GTFO

"Cool Water" is a name that evokes refreshment and cleanliness.
    "Hot Water" is for making tea. Or bathing in LOL.
    The scent may be good, but the name is roflcopters.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Hot Water Boiling
    Hot Water Vapor
    Hot Water Burning
    Hot Water Smoking

A lot of sarcasm here. Hot water sounds a bit...well you've all said it, not to mention it's very transparent name . But the scent itself might be really fine!
    Last edited by Zgb; 15th June 2009 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Hot Water Boiling
    Hot Water Vapor
    Hot Water Burning
    Hot Water Smoking
    Hot Water Steaming
    Hot Water Scalding

Seriously though, the notes make it sound like it might have some potential. I'll give it a sniff with an open mind when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Now, they're really scrapping the barrel here. LOL!
    You ain't seen the last of them. They will be back with their latest release :

Davidoff Tap Water

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

The first thread about Davidoff Hot Water, I thought it was a joke! I might be interested, only because of what Creed they based it off of this time (OOOH, zing!).
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    The first thread about Davidoff Hot Water, I thought it was a joke! I might be interested, only because of what Creed they based it off of this time (OOOH, zing!).
    Well, the perfumer of GIT also did Cool Water, if I'm not mistaken, so it's not really about basing it off a Creed, but an artist wanting his piece to reach a broader group of people, eh?

Basenotes Institution

What is red basil?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

^ It's like normal basil, but it's red instead?

I'm honestly shocked they didn't use the name earlier for a summer Cool Water flanker. I had a quiet chuckle to myself when I saw the name on my planners at work

I almost didn't click on this thread, because I really thought it was a joke. Then I thought I needed a laugh anyway and went ahead. Seems it's not a laughing matter after all!

Looks like Davidoff is in hot water again!

Seriously, though, I'm game. I'll give it a try. I'm not embarrassed to admit I like his stuff.

Red Basil is basil with large, glossy, dark purple-red leaves. They are bushy plants with lavender blue spikes.

I for one, am pumped. It's about damn time we got a firey, masculine oriental rather than a watery, weak aquatic. Sure the name isnt that great but is French Lover? Fat Electrician? Vanille 44? I'd far rather have it named Hot Water than Cool Water 23, I did enough algerbra in college, okay? Names should matter that much. If you best friend was a guy named Nancy, isnt he still your best friend?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

Talking Re: Davidoff Hot Water

Well... considering they released "Cool Water Frozen"

Perhaps we can look forward to... "Hot Water Melted"

Quote Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
    Well... considering they released "Cool Water Frozen"

Perhaps we can look forward to... "Hot Water Melted"
    And the really hot, Hot Water "Steam" flanker

Hot "Wooter" if you're from Philly.
    Wicked Hot Water if you're from Boston
    Totally Hor Water if you're from LA
    Last edited by adonis; 16th June 2009 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I've lived in all those cities and must say, very true, very funny.

- Al

So how long before this makes it to the discounters like Marshalls and T.J. Maxx?

It's that benzoin part of the scent I won't like...

Hot Water Intense springs to mind. lol
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me either!

Hot Water: 3rd degree burn. Send your date to the nearest ER for treatment due to an oversexed teenager who bathed in product.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Eh, it might be crap, but the notes sound like something I'm willing to try, and it's created by Domitille Bertier and Olivier Polge, who've done good work. I'll reserve judgment until it's actually released and tested.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Hot Water Springs?

Like a Japanese onsen!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    I for one, am pumped. It's about damn time we got a firey, masculine oriental rather than a watery, weak aquatic. Sure the name isnt that great but is French Lover? Fat Electrician? Vanille 44? I'd far rather have it named Hot Water than Cool Water 23, I did enough algerbra in college, okay? Names should matter that much. If you best friend was a guy named Nancy, isnt he still your best friend?

I have yet to add another Davidoff to my wardrobe, and this one sounds like it may well be worth it. I used to enjoy Good Life, but it's not available here at all anymore.

Few positive thoughts...nice for a change I'm looking forward to try it. Might wanna puke after trying, who knows! Might be one of those hate it or love it, no middle. Have to wait till september.

As to the name: it has hundred times more invention than XXX man, men, 212, 213, 214 and so on...
    As to the scent: why don't we wait till september? Davidoff has produced at least one classic scent, and some more really good ones. It deserves in my opinion to be treated fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Davidoff has produced at least one classic scent, and some more really good ones. It deserves in my opinion to be treated fairly.
    True. I'd certainly try out "Blue Scottish Burlap" if Creed released something with that name.

One flanker name from me

''Very Hot Water''

lol

Of course being a native of Maine, we'd say,

'Wicked Haht Watah!'
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

In English, the expression "hot water" means an unsavoury situation--to be in trouble. For instance, you might say, "By dishonouring a customer, a company can land in hot water."

I think this is just like the marketing of the Toyota sportscar "MR2" in France. The literal translation is "M-R-Deux"--which is very vulgar! LOL!

I also think someone of the women's forum said Calvin Klein Secret Obsession did not do well despite having the beautiful and nude Eva Mendes as a spokemodel. No one wanted an association with Obsession and wanted something totally new. I think of Guerlian marketing to young women the flanker "Champs-Elysees Too Much." It really did not translate well into English, IMHO.
    Last edited by Primrose; 18th August 2009 at 03:42 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Davidoff created Zino which is a great juice (IMHO)
    Cool Water is also a classic (I wont get into the GIT vs Cool Water thing...)
    I will a good and full wear to Hot Water and the chances are I will buy it as I am sick and tired of tamed and soft fragrances.
    I will start a web site www.bringbackpowerhouses.com
    Last edited by Basteri; 19th August 2009 at 03:13 AM.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Black Hot Water will be coming soon.

For sure, I will certainly give it an open-minded (nosed? ) fair sampling ! .... As I do all, regardless of "wet" names.
    But I'm already half ready to bet that I'll most likely find it : "Lukewarm Water" at most !

Not one of the past Davidoff scents have made it into my 'drobe yet. So I'm kinda doubting "Hot Water" will finally be the one to do so ! ... But, never say never !

Does anyone out there remember Lavoris mouthwash?

I like the name. I don't especially think I'll like the scent, but there's really no way to know until it's out and can be tested...

"Hot Wuder" if you're from Bal'more.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    I like the name. I don't especially think I'll like the scent, but there's really no way to know until it's out and can be tested...

"Hot Wuder" if you're from Bal'more.
    "Forró víz" if you are from Szeged.

I'll try it first.. then diss it if it so deserves.
    After all, most people here have bought Cool Water at one time or another.

I'll try it first.. then diss it if it so deserves.
    After all, most people here have bought Cool Water at one time or another.
    I, for one at least, am very glad that Cool Water never came anywhere near my skin, thank you very much ! ... It was bad enough having to bear the smell of it on others. Many, many, many, many others ... for what seemed like forever ! ... I thought the stuff was just positively vile, and instantly gave me a headache ! ...
    I did, of course, get a few bottles at Xmas time, from misguided people who obviously either didn't have a clue about me, or just didn't give a hoot ultimately (or so it would seem from their very poor gift choice !) ... Needless to say, they all landed straight in the bin, that very next morning ! (I even preferred to chuck it, than pass it on).
    "Cool Water" happens to be pretty much the exact opposite of what I look for in a fragrance.
    So I can say that "Hot Water" is at very least moving in the correct direction ! ... So I'm already pretty sure that no matter what "Hot Water" is like, I will think it a major improvement on it's "cool" sibling !

Apparently Pierre Bourdon is not involved in Hot Water. NST reports the noses are: Domitille Bertier and Olivier Polge.

Source:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2009/06/12...culine-strong/

Dependent

I honestly hope the juice will prove me wrong: this is no parody.

I hope this one smells a bit like A taste of Heaven by By Kilian. If that's the case, I'll buy a few, haha. Expecting a nothing unique usual mainstream commercial perfume though.
    unico grande amore.

Hahaha I was shocked when this thread popped up again after all those months

If they don't use Piping Hot Water as a flanker name, they should sack their entire marketing department.
    Last edited by Trebor; 20th August 2009 at 01:30 PM.

shouldnt it be Warm Water ???
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I actually like ohhmygod's suggestion better.. warm water has a better ring to it. But i guess they don't want to associate the name with Luke warm sales.

I really hope this one is interesting, like what Dior have done to Fahrenheit and like Azzaro seem to have in mind with the new "Elixir". Maybe we're moving away from the bland into the more exotic. Well, we can hope, can't we?

I will judge after I sample and not before.
    Gary

Given how many frou-frou names exist on favorites around here, having one that could be taken one way or the other just doesn't really bother me.

I'm not too excited for the juice; however I will give it a chance just like I did some of the other oddly named stuff I've tried in the past.

However, I just keep thinking that if I see "Hot Water: Intense Burn" or "Hot Water: Summer Heat" flankers, I might not be able to contain my giggles.

Can anybody convince me that Silver Shadow, Adventure or the umpteenth Cool Water version are anything to write home about? Zino is a sublime scent, Cool Water is good and Deep is presentable but then it all went pear-shaped. Hot Water does sound intriguing but who knows how good the execution will be?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Can anybody convince me that Silver Shadow, Adventure or the umpteenth Cool Water version are anything to write home about? Zino is a sublime scent, Cool Water is good and Deep is presentable but then it all went pear-shaped. Hot Water does sound intriguing but who knows how good the execution will be?
    well, we're gonna find out in couple of weeks

Dependent

I guess it's all good, with my hopes this low, I'd either be "knew it" or "Wow" after trying.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Agreed. Although I would "write home" about Silver Shadow Altitude. I've never tried Deep but I should chase it up... I see it everywhere but just dismiss it off-hand as another flanker. Oh, another I like: CW Frozen.