Code of Conduct

Question Shalimar Light/eau Legere differences??

What's the diff between Shalimar Light EDT and Shalimar eau Legere Parfumee EDT? I just received what I thought was Shalimar light, but the box has Light on one side and eau Legere on the other. I thought these were 2 different fragrances, or am I crazy?
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Default Re: Shalimar Light/eau Legere differences??

I believe a lot of people are confused about this – you are not alone. Here’s the info I recall seeing on the subject:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/04/01...perfume-review
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

I believe there was a scent called "Shalimar Light" (Which was called Eau Legere in French). That was discontinued. The current variant is "Eau de Shalimar". I own the latter. Never smelled the former.

Wish I knew more. It's a bit confusing fur sure.

Basenotes Institution

Read my post on the mens board, where I posted the same confused questions and then further on down the thread I solved my own question with pictures and a link to an article on Perfume Shrine: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=216854

More importantly Lessa, do you like the Shalimar you received?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Shalimar Light/eau Legere differences??

I was able to find a 2.5oz. tester from one of the online discounters in the original Lite version and I think it is quite good. Why they had to mess with it and change it is beyond reason. Sometimes these companies do really dumb things.

I sampled Shalimar Light along side Eau de Shalimar, and found no difference. I wrote a review in the BN directory.

I have also tried both, and was convinced that the Eau de Shalimar smelled more citrussy. But I am probably quite wrong, as I was recalling the scent of the Shalimar Light from memory.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

The bottle I have has BOTH names on it. I like it, though not as well as the original Shalimar. There is more citrus, less of an oriental feel to it. Light and inoffensive. Not one of the giants, IMO.

Thanks to everybody for helping clear it up for me!
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    The bottle I have has BOTH names on it. I like it, though not as well as the original Shalimar. There is more citrus, less of an oriental feel to it. Light and inoffensive. Not one of the giants, IMO.

Thanks to everybody for helping clear it up for me!
    Is the juice blue or gold?

I love SL/SEL just as much as I love the original. Each one has it's time and place for wearing. The lemon prominence in the SL/SEL reminds me a lot of Habit Rouge EdC. It also makes me hungry every time I wear it - it smells like lemon pound cake with white icing on my skin.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Is the juice blue or gold?

I love SL/SEL just as much as I love the original. Each one has it's time and place for wearing. The lemon prominence in the SL/SEL reminds me a lot of Habit Rouge EdC. It also makes me hungry every time I wear it - it smells like lemon pound cake with white icing on my skin.
    Mike, it's blue
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

The Eau Legere opening notes seem to be more citrus-y. The drydown to vanilla is very elegant. I actually like the citrus opening.

The EDT of the regular Shalimar does not have this light opening of notes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I acquired a partial bottle of Shalimar Light in a swap and liked it (I don't like vintage Shalimar). I decided to get a backup bottle, and what came was the Eau Legere version (i.e. blue juice instead of gold). Its quite similar to SL, and to my nose still better than original Shalimar.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Addict View Post
    I acquired a partial bottle of Shalimar Light in a swap and liked it (I don't like vintage Shalimar). I decided to get a backup bottle, and what came was the Eau Legere version (i.e. blue juice instead of gold). Its quite similar to SL, and to my nose still better than original Shalimar.
    It sounds like you got what you ordered though (Eau Legere = Shalimar Light). Eau de Shalimar is the new one. At least I hope this is right