Code of Conduct

Default And the prize for the most counterfeited fragrance goes to...

Although everything can be imitated,some contenders are more conspicuous than others to be bought online.
    My nominations:
    Aqua Di Gio,
    D & G By Men,
    Eternity.
    Please add these that you think it's better to be avoided for the above reason...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: And the prize for the most counterfeited fragrance goes to...

Not even a shadow of a doubt, it has got to be Green Irish Tweed.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Thumbs up Re: And the prize for the most counterfeited fragrance goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I second that.

that's what I was thinking too
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

nah, AdG is more counterfeited, I believe
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

But what's the point of counterfeiting a cheap fragrance? Where's the point? If you counterfeit a 250.00 fragrance and sell it for half price your making a huge profit.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

But what's the point of counterfeiting a cheap fragrance? Where's the point? If you counterfeit a 250.00 fragrance and sell it for half price your making a huge profit.
    Small profit, quick return.. plus volume
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I have 5 master searches on eBay I refresh multiple times a day so I will give you guys my input:

1. AdG
    2. Armani Code
    3. Green Irish Tweed
    4. D&G Light Blue
    5. other Creeds
    Last edited by rinosaur; 16th June 2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Bulgari scents for men are widely copied in Asia. I would only buy my Bulgari from a department store.

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    Small profit, quick return.. plus volume
    Have to agree low price nobody thinks its a bad deal.

I've seen really bad fakes of Le Male, A*Men and Dolce & Gabbana more often than anything at real stores.

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    Bulgari scents for men are widely copied in Asia. I would only buy my Bulgari from a department store.
    That is very interesting, I never thought anyone would copy Bvlgari, not all that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I've seen really bad fakes of Le Male, A*Men and Dolce & Gabbana more often than anything at real stores.
    Just curious what kind of stores are you talking about, independently owned or franchise?

Hillaire

I think I read an "official" "statistic" about this somewhere:

And it was the women's scent: Coco Mademoiselle that had the honor.

I'd be weary of any hot seller, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    That is very interesting, I never thought anyone would copy Bvlgari, not all that popular.
    Bvlgari is a HUGE brand in Asia (especially Japan and China) and the Middle East (UAE and Qatar in particular). The popularity of their jewelry and watches there "trickles down" to their perfumes. If the brand is popular somewhere in the world, it's going to be counterfeited.

And yes, Coco Mademoiselle is faked often. But, then again, it's the #2-selling fragrance in the US, and Chanel seals up the distribution, so what do you expect?
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

How about Creed's MI?

chanel and dior frags are widely forged in eastern europe and sold on ebay.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    chanel and dior frags are widely forged in eastern europe and sold on ebay.
    I second the_good_life and want to add D & G (Light Blue for women), Narciso Rodriguez, Clinique (Happy line), Cool Water, Armani (AdG of course).

Sadly, many people buying from ebay don't know they got fake juice. For instance, the numerous positive feedbacks were given to the seller selling Chanel No. 5 for $35.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post

Sadly, many people buying from ebay don't know they got fake juice. For instance, the numerous positive feedbacks were given to the seller selling Chanel No. 5 for $35.
    Not all Chanel No. 5 selling for $35 on ebay are fakes..

Just curious what kind of stores are you talking about, independently owned or franchise?
    Both. They are the perfume kiosks in the mall and those Perfumania and Fragrance Outlets you see around.

Blog Entries

My guess would be the latest Adidas fragrances. Acqua Di Gio might be the best selling designer scent, but the $ is still peanuts compared to Adidas sales worldwide.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

ALL of the Boss'es.

Among the finalists: Acqua Di Dio, Davidoff Cool water and Dior Fahrenheit and, oh, I nearly forgot, No. 5
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 17th June 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Some of those pseudo-frags I have seen in the Fragrance District (New York) have caused me to laugh out loud for real.....

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Both. They are the perfume kiosks in the mall and those Perfumania and Fragrance Outlets you see around.
    Yeah there was a kiosk selling fake Creeds in the Galleria so I went last week and finally spoke with the management about it. I am surprised Perfumania has fakes though.

AdG is one of the most copied fragrances as well. Most of the mass marketed fragrances out today smell like clones of AdG with subtle differences

AdG and GIT, definitely.

Has to be Creed's MI...

I see bottles of the knockoff everywhere they sell frags in bottles marked "Unforgivable"
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    Has to be Creed's MI...

I see bottles of the knockoff everywhere they sell frags in bottles marked "Unforgivable"
    I've seen knockoffs of GIT, too, in bottles labeled "Davidoff Cool Water". They're sold locally, at the likes of Macy's, Kohl's, Walgreens, and even Walmart.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 18th June 2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I've seen knockoffs of GIT, too, in bottles labeled "Davidoff Cool Water". They're sold locally, at the likes of Macy's, Kohl's, Walgreens, and even Walmart.
    (Just following the train of thought)

There are also knockoffs of XS pour Homme sold at upscale stores with exorbitant price in bottles labeled "Himalaya".

I have 5 master searches on eBay I refresh multiple times a day so I will give you guys my input:

1. AdG
    2. Armani Code
    3. Green Irish Tweed
    4. D&G Light Blue
    5. other Creeds
    Hmm can someone here post what a fake AdG and/or Code looks like? Don't believe I've ever seen one...

Same reason €5 notes are the most counterfeited ones. You check the €100 bills thoroughly every time, but not the sneaky lil' €5 ones.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
    Hmm can someone here post what a fake AdG and/or Code looks like? Don't believe I've ever seen one...
    I have a bottle of a fake AdG, I can't even tell the difference in the bottle/packaging it was done so well. The juice however is honestly one of the most vile perfume I have ever smelled - that was done so poorly and it only lasted literally 1 hour. I do take the embarassment of going through it a few years ago, back when I heard it was some magical juice. I didn't even care how it smelled

edit: its real dangerous buying either one on ebay, you gotta make sure that is the ONLY bottle he is selling, most counterfeit sellers sell 10 bottles at a time, and that he puts up a real photo not a stock photo of the bottle/package. If its full, be suspicious and ask to know the history of where it was bought. Check his feedback and make sure he hasn't sold other high-target bottles in the past.

Here's my bottle, I misplaced the cap but it came with it.

Last edited by rinosaur; 18th June 2009 at 09:41 PM.

Buy all your perfumes from an established store that has a reputation more valuable than the product you are buying. It’s just not worth the few dollars you THINK you are saving.

If you want to try a perfume from eBay, I’d recommend first buying a small sample; most counterfeiters will not bother with them. Then, if you want more, go to a department store or boutique to make your full-sized purchase.
    Last edited by Nymphaea; 19th June 2009 at 12:24 AM.

Bogus Angel for women has been all over the internet and in kiosks for the past two years.

I have a bottle of a fake AdG, I can't even tell the difference in the bottle/packaging it was done so well. The juice however is honestly one of the most vile perfume I have ever smelled - that was done so poorly and it only lasted literally 1 hour. I do take the embarassment of going through it a few years ago, back when I heard it was some magical juice. I didn't even care how it smelled

edit: its real dangerous buying either one on ebay, you gotta make sure that is the ONLY bottle he is selling, most counterfeit sellers sell 10 bottles at a time, and that he puts up a real photo not a stock photo of the bottle/package. If its full, be suspicious and ask to know the history of where it was bought. Check his feedback and make sure he hasn't sold other high-target bottles in the past.

Holy crap that looks way too legit /shivers.

My designer's eye is telling me the lettering is way off (not kerned properly and looks like a knockoff typeface) and not centered properly on the packaging or the bottle.

The batch numbers do not match which is one of the easiest sign of fakes.
    Last edited by zliang; 19th June 2009 at 01:51 PM.

Ah I just noticed. The problem is that I didn't have a chance to see that until I already bought the item.