Code of Conduct

Cool Ted Lapidus Fragrances : TL pour Lui & Ted pour Homme

I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts, praise, venom and insight towards these two particular Ted Lapidus scents. I would very much appreciate all thoughts as well as descriptions including the overall feeling of the scents, how the dry down is, and how well the fragrance persists.

TL pour Lui seems to have some vague comparisions to Gucci pour Homme and I even read about some "gourmand" similarities in it. Only a handful of reviews are in the directory.

Ted pour Homme has very little info available and only one review. However I did find that the review made me interested in this scent.

Look forward to reading some replys. Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Ted Lapidus Fragrances : TL pour Lui & Ted pour Homme

TL pour lui, if you refer to the first fragrance by Ted Lapidus, i rebember this scent and i associate it to Knize 10....

Ted pour homme, if it is the perfume i am thinking about, it was a fougere, similar to Cool Water....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Ted Lapidus Fragrances : TL pour Lui & Ted pour Homme

Surfacing,

You might find the following thread interesting:

"Helmut Lang Cuiron = Ted Lapidus Pour Homme" Thread

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    scentemental,

I think the OP is inquiring different scents.

TL pour Lui: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122561.html

Ted: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121566.html

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    TL pour lui, if you refer to the first fragrance by Ted Lapidus, i rebember this scent and i associate it to Knize 10....

Ted pour homme, if it is the perfume i am thinking about, it was a fougere, similar to Cool Water....
    Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

Surfacing,

You might find the following thread interesting:

"Helmut Lang Cuiron = Ted Lapidus Pour Homme" Thread

scentemental

Thanks Roberto and Scentemental, but yes as Zliang has mentioned, I am refering to the much more recent releases. The naming of Lapidus fragrances are somewhat confusing, but not as much as Jil Sander .

I will still check out that refered link however. As well, thanks for the replies. Anything else would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    scentemental,

I think the OP is inquiring different scents.

TL pour Lui: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122561.html

Ted: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121566.html
    That is correct. Have you given any of these 2 a try ?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    TL pour Lui seems to have some vague comparisions to Gucci pour Homme and I even read about some "gourmand" similarities in it. Only a handful of reviews are in the directory.
    Ted Lapidus Pour Lui is simply great.

It seems that not many people are familiar with it (though i have sent a sample/decant to 4-5 people who quite regularly post).

The gourmand mention is not far off, i would describe it a "semi-gourmand". Think about Guerlain L'instant, kind of gourmand but somehow not quite. It's a subtle gourmand, not in your face. There is a few comparisons to Rochas Man in the reviews but i don't agree. And TL is subtle, not sickening like RM (ugh!). I don't find much in common with Gucci ph.

Thanks for that reply wallace, it certainly makes my decision easier

When I tried Ted (2000) a few years back, I mainly got a big blast of lime and cedarwood. (It says white cedarwood, and it did smell "white" or soft, not so pencil-like.) I didn't get it, mainly because I don't like lime on its own so much. I recall that it did last and had good sillage.

TL pour Lui--I haven't tried it.

But I wish I still had my Lapidus pour Homme (1987); I had it before I developed a liking for patchouli, and man, did that one ever give me a patchouli blast! Definitely one of those powerhouse classic types. I recollect that the patchouli was nicely balanced by other notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    That is correct. Have you given any of these 2 a try ?
    I have a sample of Ted, but I'm very bad in describing scents and identifying notes. It's not heavy, a bit fresh, but also kind of sweet. Overall, it's fine, but I'm not sure if it's full bottle worthy.

BTW, I just asked my wife's opinion and she liked it. I find it to have similarities with Armani Code.
    Last edited by zliang; 21st June 2009 at 05:09 PM.

Have them both and love both of them.