Code of Conduct

Default Blind by Chanel Pour Monsieur

now i received my blind buy Chanel Pour Monsiuer (normal original Version not the concentreé) - I had expected a citrus fragrance like all the others old ones YSL pour homme or Armani pour Homme..after testing the Pour Monsieur i was shocked, it is the same scent like the cheap Old Spice Classic, on the left hand chanel and right the old spice which i found in the bath room.
    Nobody has wrote in the many positive reviews that this is the same like old spice!

So if you want a pour monsieur one, take old spice, no one would notice the difference and it is cheaper. For me, the fragrance is not useable, for my nose the smell is absolutely cheap and i use my antaeus and ADP Colonia intensa further.

mn
    Last edited by milanolover; 17th June 2009 at 07:51 PM.
    scent up your life!

Default Re: Blind by Chanel Pour Monsieur

I can not see any points in common with OS. This is harsher, brazer, pungent, while ChpM is subtler and restrained. OS is spicy, ChpM is not. I like them both, but they are worlds apart. Are you sure did not get a counterfited version of ChpM?

Take in mind ChpM is a scent designed in the 1950's, a time when fragrances for men were made to be "weak" in actual terms, strength being reserved for scents to be worn by women, since these were supposed to be noticed by those around the wearer, while men were not supposed to smell at all.

Comparing ChpM with Antaeus is, to some extent, a futile exercise since Antaeus reflects a style in vogue during the 1980's, a time when the more men smell of perfume was considered good.

I think you bought a fake bottle of pour monsieur or you have the nose of a stone sculpture..... pour monsieur is a very fresh citrus woody scent with a lot of body and class. To ever use old spice in the same sentence is a heretic thing to say.

no fake bottle..my nose is a very good one, i had all the perfumes...the bonds the amoage..yes the opening is light citrus, but after the citrus which is very quick gone the scent turns into somthing cheap smell, thought it turns into kind patricia nicolai new york or creed portugal cyphre only with more citrus. antaeus is a very very good fragrance i love it so much, only the longlivity could be better.
    Last edited by milanolover; 24th July 2009 at 09:05 PM.
    scent up your life!

I stand by my first comment

I don't see the similarities either.

Old Spice (Soft Oriental - Classical):
    Top Notes: Orange, Lemon, Spices, Clary Sage, Aldehydes.
    Middle Notes: Cinnamon, Carnation, Geranium, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Pimento Berry.
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Musk, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Benzoin, Tonka, Ambergris.

Chanel Pour Monsieur 1955 (Mossy Woods - Classical):
    Top Notes: Lemon, Verbena, Neroli, Orange Tree Leaf, Sicilian Peony
    Middle Notes: Cardamom, Coriander, Basil, Ginger
    Base Notes: Oakmoss, Cedar, Vetiver
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

The only similarities I see are that they are very "old school" classic fragrances with a certain soapy character. Old Spice is very powdery, and I suppose one could say the Chanel is sort of powdery, though I regard it more as being mossy.

Other than that, I don't see any similarities at all, except that they're both good classic fragrances.

Are you sure you have the original Pour Monsieur and not the concentrate, which is closer to something like Old Spice. The original PM is a classic, citurs/mossy chypre. As TwoRoads pointed out, you're comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 25th July 2009 at 09:20 AM.

It's like: Paco Rabanne classic smells like axe

Hmm...I don't get this association either. As mentioned above, the only similarity I can see is the "old fashioned" or nostalgic quality the two might have. Old Spice is fine...but not in the same league as Chanel PM.

I'd suggest giving it more time...I know I wasn't thrilled the first time I smelled the Chanel either...but not I understand its importance and beauty.

The importance and beauty is the revolutionairy scent it had, was and still is. The green liqued and the mass of women who were so drawed to it that they bought a bottle for themselve

Man, I have the faint feeling that you are upset that nobody had warned you Well, read through the threads: NO BLIND BUY! I'm sure you are just as big nose you claim you are, but from 1000 miles (what's more, even from in a closed room) you can't smell the juice.

I second that.........

Love the Szeged festifal by the way.......

Quote Originally Posted by bjornster View Post
    Love the Szeged festifal by the way.......
    OFF: Welcome to the events this year, too I'll sell fine wines there again, you'll be my guest.

after the citrus has gone, the dry down is similar to old spice for me, sorry i have bought the original and not the concentree version
    Last edited by milanolover; 26th July 2009 at 09:45 AM.
    scent up your life!

don't worry milanolover there are countless other fragrances out there. Don't be disheartened that Pour Monsieur didn't work for you.