Code of Conduct

Default Looking towards fall already

Even though it's not officially summer yet, I'm starting to think about fragrance purchases for fall. It may be because it's been such a cold spring here, or maybe because I keep getting whiffs of Cuir de Russie from the tester strip I have sitting on my desk. I also feel I've bought so much lately that I can't justify any more purchases for the summer. So with an eye toward autumn, right now I'd say I will get:

1) Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia. I have a sample of this and almost broke down and bought it already. But I'm going to wait.

2) Cuir de Russie from the Les Exclusif collection. I received the nice 4ml sample of this when I bought Chanel No. 19 and I plan on making sure this fragrance is right for me before I buy that large 200 ml bottle. Of all the Les Exclusif that I tried on paper, this was my favorite.

3) I keep reaching for my sample of Ambre Sultan every once in a while. I was actually repulsed by this fragrance the first time I sniffed it (hard to believe now), but now I find it so delicious that I crave it. I may have to get a bottle of this as well.

This list might change by the time fall comes around. Does anyone else have any fall purchases in mind already?

Default Re: Looking towards fall already

I'm thinking one of the classic Estee Lauders, Knowing or the original Private Collection.

I have yet to purchase these classics, and am waiting for fall b/c I wouldn't wear them in the Spring or Summer: Poison, Hypnotic Poisin, and Opium. Basically wanted to fill in the holes in my collection.
    Unless I have it purchased before fall, I am drooling to buy The Party in Manhattan, which is a lovely chypre. I would also like to get a backup bottle of Acqua di Parma's Profumo, and will likely do that as a fall puchase.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by plumeria View Post
    Even though it's not officially summer yet, I'm starting to think about fragrance purchases for fall. It may be because it's been such a cold spring here, or maybe because I keep getting whiffs of Cuir de Russie from the tester strip I have sitting on my desk. I also feel I've bought so much lately that I can't justify any more purchases for the summer. So with an eye toward autumn, right now I'd say I will get:

1) Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia. I have a sample of this and almost broke down and bought it already. But I'm going to wait.

2) Cuir de Russie from the Les Exclusif collection. I received the nice 4ml sample of this when I bought Chanel No. 19 and I plan on making sure this fragrance is right for me before I buy that large 200 ml bottle. Of all the Les Exclusif that I tried on paper, this was my favorite.

3) I keep reaching for my sample of Ambre Sultan every once in a while. I was actually repulsed by this fragrance the first time I sniffed it (hard to believe now), but now I find it so delicious that I crave it. I may have to get a bottle of this as well.

This list might change by the time fall comes around. Does anyone else have any fall purchases in mind already?
    Second your notion to buy Ambre Sultan and Cuir de Russie. No way will you regret these! Also Bois des Iles, unless you already have it.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

Plumeria- all you have mentioned are fabulous. I do have a soft spot for the Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia and it is gorgeous too .Cuir de Russie is lovely and I resisted temptation to buy it - it is also my favourite of the Les Exclusifs.Now you got me started thinking of fall too !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I am craving and NEEDING Cuir de Russie as well...I get such poor longevity out of Chanel's EdTs, though...I wish they still had the pure parfum available. I'd splurge and get a big bottle. So gorgeous.

And feh on seasonal constraints. Personally, I like "fall" scents year round on me. A "skin" scent like CdR applied sparingly always smells nice, no matter what the temperature. So-called "summer" florals always strike me as a bit much in the heat...

There's something so nice about a new perfume on crisp autumn mornings. I love autumn.

I'm testing l'Atisan's Mure et Musc today, and that seems to make manifest long walks along country lanes picking blackberries from the hedgerow. Ormonde Woman is also appealing hugely for autumn.

Basenotes Institution

Talking Re: Looking towards fall already

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    I am craving and NEEDING Cuir de Russie as well...I get such poor longevity out of Chanel's EdTs, though...I wish they still had the pure parfum available. I'd splurge and get a big bottle. So gorgeous.

And feh on seasonal constraints. Personally, I like "fall" scents year round on me. A "skin" scent like CdR applied sparingly always smells nice, no matter what the temperature. So-called "summer" florals always strike me as a bit much in the heat...
    Yes, the Chanel EDTs are weak on me too but I still LOVE Cuir de Russie- so much temptation now they are available online !
    I have noticed that on the new perfume website Rei Rien- they have parfum extrait of a couple of Chanels- like Bois Des Iles etc. My new fave place to stare at gorgeous perfumes !
    ( I'm not connected to them in any way but I have been raving about that site because they are good . )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good heavens Plumeria - I don't know about your area, but we are still waiting
    for a decent Summer to arrive! I can't even begin to consider Autumn scents
    just yet, whilst I've got bottles of Escale a Portofino and "O" de Lancome to get through
    first.

Summer here is foggy and windy and cool, so I can take my autumn choices out for a trial run. Right now, I'm auditioning several patchoulies. Montale's Patchouli Leaves is looking like a winner - I think the right kind of crisp, tingling autumn air is going to tip me over the edge into full bottle territory. Also thinking about Malle's Carnal Flower - odd thing, but I don't crave tuberose until the weather turns cold.

Blog Entries

My wardrobe leans heavily toward woods and incense and am actually hoping I can find appeal in lighter, more floral scents. But come fall I too am considering adding a chypre, probably AdP Profumo like Lessa. And I want to give Quelques Fleurs another whirl. Also, Chaya recently posted about a new Estee Lauder chypre in the Private Collection-- Jasmine White Moss. I can't wait to get my nose into that!
    Last edited by Heartwood; 19th June 2009 at 05:40 PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm thinking one of the classic Estee Lauders, Knowing or the original Private Collection.
    I do love that Private Collection, but I find in very hot weather, it really shines!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    My wardrobe leans heavily toward woods and incense and am actually hoping I can find appeal in lighter, more floral scents. But come fall I too am considering adding a chypre, probably AdP Profumo like Lessa. And I want to give Quelques Fleurs another whirl. Also, Chaya recently posted about a new Estee Lauder chypre in the Private Collection-- Jasmine White Moss. I can't wait to get my nose into that!
    I didn't read Chaya's post on that Jasmine White Moss...thanks for the tip. I'm itching to try that as well!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Thank you, I enjoyed reading all of your responses!

Lilybelle, I've always felt an itch to buy a small bottle of Knowing, even though it may not work for me. Maybe if EL has a good gwp one day, I will go for it.

Lessa, I don't own Bois des Iles, but I do remember liking it very much in the past when it was part of the Rue Cambon collection. I don't know, when I sprayed it from the Les Exclusif collection, it didn't make as much of an impression on me. But I may have just been overwhelmed by all of the others I sprayed.

Hebe - I've been wearing Mure et Musc edt a lot lately. For the longest time I was convinced I made a mistake and should have bought the Mure et Musc Extreme. Just recently, I retested the Extreme and realized that I may actually prefer the edt. Am relieved. The Extreme does have amazing lasting power though!

Oh, I just tried the Jasmine White Moss. When I first sprayed it on my wrist, I got a strong similarity to Cristalle, but upon drydown it changed. I tried other things on my arms then, and unfortunately couldn't get a clear impression of it after that. I'm not sure if it just didn't appeal to me or if it just got mixed in the shuffle.

Hi plumeria! Have I told you that I love your screen name?

Come fall, I hope to get myself some OJ Woman and some Frapin 1270! My birthday's in October, so that should work out beautifully!

P.S. Maybe a patchouli, too, like Voleur de Roses.
    Last edited by Haunani; 20th June 2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Adding P.S.

It's been like autumn here all june but I'm waiting for warmer weather that will suit my Escale a Portofino. But as soon september comes I will buy Sacrebleu from Nicolaï. I have to stop myself from buying now in summer because I don't feel well when buying so much that I don't have the time to wear. That's how I am.

Thanks Haunani! And I've always liked your avatar It brings back memories of my vacation in Oahu and going to the Polynesian Culture Center. Longing to visit Hawaii again one day. Getting perfumes is a great way to celebrate your birthday. Hope you get all three!

Novis2007, I know exactly what you mean. I feel better too when I'm putting my perfume to good use. A break from buying is a good thing for me. That being said, I'm feeling the inexplicable urge to get one last splurge...

I don't get autumn until January. This is the one time of year I can wear Bois Vanille successfully. So non-autumnal are we here that I sold off all of my woodsy scents. I kept the BV decant; it was marvelous around the middle of January when the temperature suddenly dipped below zero for two nights.

I will be looking at Tom Fords Grey Vetiver!
    Gary