Code of Conduct

Default Favorite "Story" Regarding a Fragrance

I looked around for a thread similar to the theme of this one, and apart from the sticky of most compliments from a frag, I didn't quite find exactly something like what I am suggesting. So, my apologies if it already exits.

I'm new around here and by way of introduction wanted to relay my "favorite story of a fragrance." To be sure, there's lots. How often do I think of dear and very loved family members who are gone by merely getting a whiff of something, (good lord, my Grandmother and Fleurs de Rocaille)? Smelling some particular scent and thinking of 8th grade, or this fragrance and conjuring up images of Europe, or suddenly my 2nd grade teacher pops into my head when a woman passes by in the drug store with the same scent, and so on, and so on.

But, my favorite is recent. 2007 to be exact, July to be even more precise. Long story, short: I was particularly captivated by a young lady and was, if not mistaken, getting similar vibes from her. Sure enough, those "instincts" proved correct and we starting to hang out... A few casual hang-outs turned into me asking for a formal "date." My offer was happily accepted and I labored for a week trying to think of just the right sort of night for this very unique young lady.

That evening turned out to be, at least for me, VERY VERY memorable (no, not THAT very [minds out of the gutter please] but an even better, utterly romance saturated VERY). At the end (4 a.m.) of the this long and multi-tiered date, we arrived back at her place and rather than go "inside", we decided to go to the park bench near her apartment and well, one thing lead to another and intimate waters were tapped.

Just prior to this, during close quarters conversation, she could not tear herself from my ears and neck. She kept saying "oh my God, what is that?" Sniff Sniff, "What is that?" Sniff Sniff and... you get the picture. I told her my philosophy regarding fragrances - I said the only person I REALLY want to know what I'm wearing is the one who is doing exactly what you're doing right now. GOOD PHILOSOPHY, she exclaimed, and dug her pretty curls back into my ears.

I wound up carrying her sleeping beauty style (swear to God) back to her apartment (I told you it was romantic, as in, what movie was I in romantic) and well, whew, that is my all-time favorite memory with a fragrance, especially a fragrance that had just apparently given me a knowing wink when I had capped it many hours earlier.

We dated only for about a little over a month. But, it was a great ride. She was very unique.

Now then. What was the fragrance? YOU WILL NEVER EVER guess. And, just in case this post gets no hits, I had better tell you. It was.... Drum roll please....Kanøn. Yup, released in 1966' by Scannon. Bless you Kanøn - you were a small but integral part of a very memorable night and take first place in my favorite "Story" regarding a fragrance. Been a farily dry-spell since then - maybe I need to bust out the big gunned Kanøn again!

How bout you?

AromiErotici

Default Re: Favorite "Story" Regarding a Fragrance

Fun read. I do not have a comparable story unfortunately, but that's okay. I smell so good most of the time I'd be kissing my own neck if it were physically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by aromierotici View Post
    i smell so good most of the time i'd be kissing my own neck if it were physically possible.
    lol! :d

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I smell so good most of the time I'd be kissing my own neck if it were physically possible.
    I laughed out loud at that one. Made my night. Thanks for the compliment on my story!

May your story be (and I truly mean it) a real inspiration to all of us.

I don't have any romantic stories either

However, when I come home from work, my daughter will usually run through the house yelling daddy!!! and give me a big hug and say "you smell soooo good".

Makes my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    I don't have any romantic stories either

However, when I come home from work, my daughter will usually run through the house yelling daddy!!! and give me a big hug and say "you smell soooo good".

Makes my day.

Nice. I think I would trade you my friend. I'll be thirty-nine in August, no children yet, I like your scenario even better.

And thanks Ken!
    Last edited by Carl Kolchak; 19th June 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Heh. I had a whirlwind relationship about a year ago & whenever we'd go out she'd always text me afterwards to tell me how good I smelled & that she was too embarrassed to tell me that in person. It was cute.

I think my favorite story is from a few years ago. I got on this kick of going out on the weekends & then stopping by my favorite gay bar on the way home to have a night cap & to talk w/ my favorite bartender @ the time, Mikey. One night by the time I got to that bar it was around 1:00 (a little before last call) & the bar was still pretty full. I made my way up to the bar & Mikey took my order & then exclaimed that I smelled really good & it was probably the best one he's smelled on me. Then two other bar regulars chimed in & also noted that I always smelled good. Mikey then started hollering that he wanted everyone to quiet down because he wanted to make a toast. He said "To Annie, who always smells fantastic." So I had about 50 drunk people drinking to how good I smelled .

I was wearing Lolita Lempicka au masculin, & keep in mind that since I had been out on the town already it probably had been 5-6 hours since I had applied it.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Mikey then started hollering that he wanted everyone to quiet down because he wanted to make a toast. He said "To Annie, who always smells fantastic." .
    That is a great, and I mean great story. I've never heard of an entire bar toasting to how lovely somebody smelled. That's exactly the type of story I was hoping to hear. Thank You!

Just awesome.

One Christmas my girlfriend got me a silver necklace. I do not wear jewelry. I don't wear a watch. I don't like things hanging off my body (yes, my glasses bother the hell out of me and I can't wear contacts). Heck I'm uncomfortable even having keys and my wallet in my pockets. She knew these pet peeves of mine and still got me a necklace. I didn't want it at all outright from opening the gift to returning it to the store.

We went together to the store to return it and pick something else out. I motioned towards to the fragrance counter (this was when I became a Basenotes member). We smelled a few and I eventually stuck with Allure Homme. I asked her over and over if it was okay to exchange the necklace for this. yes yes ok. So I got a 50ml bottle.

I would wear Allure every time I would meet up with her. I eventually bought some matching grooming products: aftershave and shower gel. I designated it as "my scent" for her. I eventually ran out quick and purchased a 100ml bottle for more. Every time I wear it I would be getting ready to meet her. I had a pleasant connotation associated with the scent.

We had broken up about a year later and in her "here's why I don't like you anymore" speech she mentioned the necklace. How she spent so long picking it out and I just tossed it aside. I shattered her hopes that I'd like this necklace and so in turn she shattered a pleasant memory with Allure Homme.

Anytime I smell a peppery woods, amber and tonka bean based scent I have to hold back my tears.

I certainly was inconsiderate at the time of opening the gift but that's my story.

Sir,

Now you're making me get all misty! That is a tear-jerker.

Don't put too much stock in her citing the necklace as a reason, perhaps it was just another "thing" she could help hang the break up on.

Boy, sad story mate. Anyways my friend, on to happier times!

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    One Christmas my girlfriend got me a silver necklace. I do not wear jewelry. I don't wear a watch. I don't like things hanging off my body (yes, my glasses bother the hell out of me and I can't wear contacts). Heck I'm uncomfortable even having keys and my wallet in my pockets. She knew these pet peeves of mine and still got me a necklace. I didn't want it at all outright from opening the gift to returning it to the store.

We went together to the store to return it and pick something else out. I motioned towards to the fragrance counter (this was when I became a Basenotes member). We smelled a few and I eventually stuck with Allure Homme. I asked her over and over if it was okay to exchange the necklace for this. yes yes ok. So I got a 50ml bottle.

I would wear Allure every time I would meet up with her. I eventually bought some matching grooming products: aftershave and shower gel. I designated it as "my scent" for her. I eventually ran out quick and purchased a 100ml bottle for more. Every time I wear it I would be getting ready to meet her. I had a pleasant connotation associated with the scent.

We had broken up about a year later and in her "here's why I don't like you anymore" speech she mentioned the necklace. How she spent so long picking it out and I just tossed it aside. I shattered her hopes that I'd like this necklace and so in turn she shattered a pleasant memory with Allure Homme.

Anytime I smell a peppery woods, amber and tonka bean based scent I have to hold back my tears.

I certainly was inconsiderate at the time of opening the gift but that's my story.
    Well, that certainly sucks bro. I understand both sides. I'm exactly like you in the respect that I wear no jewelry, hate things hanging from my body and even hate having anything in my pockets. I wear my wedding band because it would crush my wife if I didn't, but I don't like it on my finger. Simply a bad quirk we share.

I am persuaded that, in the future, you will have a brand new scent to associate with a new love in your life.

"intimate waters were tapped."

"during close quarters conversation"

lol. Ya know...your grammar reminds me of the grammar I use when I am facetiously trying to sound more astute than I really am , and/or trying to be discrete about the information divulged. But that's how you really speak! lol! I'm not clowing at all, I promise, just truly amused. I enjoyed your post.

Whenever whatever object of my affection at the moment comments on my fragrance, it is usually memorable. The last girl I was really crushing on...she comlimented me on two fragrances: Gucci Envy & Dunhill Xcentric. I'll never forget either reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Heh. I had a whirlwind relationship about a year ago & whenever we'd go out she'd always text me afterwards to tell me how good I smelled & that she was too embarrassed to tell me that in person. It was cute.

I think my favorite story is from a few years ago. I got on this kick of going out on the weekends & then stopping by my favorite gay bar on the way home to have a night cap & to talk w/ my favorite bartender @ the time, Mikey. One night by the time I got to that bar it was around 1:00 (a little before last call) & the bar was still pretty full. I made my way up to the bar & Mikey took my order & then exclaimed that I smelled really good & it was probably the best one he's smelled on me. Then two other bar regulars chimed in & also noted that I always smelled good. Mikey then started hollering that he wanted everyone to quiet down because he wanted to make a toast. He said "To Annie, who always smells fantastic." So I had about 50 drunk people drinking to how good I smelled .

I was wearing Lolita Lempicka au masculin, & keep in mind that since I had been out on the town already it probably had been 5-6 hours since I had applied it.
    Great story!

I don't have any real "stories" but I have a lot of memories surrounding fragrance. Especially all the times I would wait to see Kristy after school out in the parking lot. I would wait regardless of the weather and the one time it was pouring rain. She hugged me and said "oh my god you smell good even in the rain" It was an amazing thing. I still like her too! It's been 5 years and still care about her immensely. We're much closer now.

Ever walk down the street and smell a perfume and not have any idea where it came from? Every now and then I catch a wiff of lavander that way, and I'm back in eight grade with the minister's daughter - the most beautiful girl in school.
    Last edited by Mossant; 19th June 2009 at 11:38 PM.

I wore L'Interdit on a first date. He tore my stockings. That's my story.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 20th June 2009 at 01:30 AM.

I have another story involving the love of my life. This time it's more melodramatic but with a happier ending.

Attending the wedding of my afore mentioned girlfriend's sister, I wore Homme de Gres. The whole time I felt mature and confident.

It wasn't a small wedding nor was it large. There was a very good attendance of family from both sides of the marital relationship. This was my chance to impress not only my girlfriend's family that I can "be a man" but able to convey my feelings of her properly in a public situation since I'm confessedly very anti-social.

I associate the dry lemony woods of Homme de Gres with the amazing times I had at this weeding and the reception. As I said I'm anti-social but this time I actually talked to people despite how awkward I felt. Her mother I've talked to and she's easy to get along with but I was able to muster up the strength to converse with my girlfriend's father. He seemed aloof. Very much so because the mother and father went through a divorce a few years prior.

Knowing this, I forced myself to act in a different way. And it was good. The scent of Homme de Gres makes me feel like "a new man", a different person altogether yet still "me" and the person I knew my own family would like me to be. I was able to express my views without fear of dishonor and still feel humility and my own self.

During a celebration of a union between two people I wore something totally different than my own personal scent for when I'd go out with my girl friend (read the Allure story above).

I try not to take perfumes personally but when it comes to friendship and relationships, I'm really a romantic sucker.

I get the same feeling of confidence when wearing any lemon heavy scent with trimmings like Eau Sauvage or Monsiuer Balmain but I can't bear to wear Homme de Gres unless for a really tough event in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    lol. Ya know...your grammar reminds me of the grammar I use when I am facetiously trying to sound more astute than I really am , and/or trying to be discrete about the information divulged. But that's how you really speak! lol! I'm not clowing at all, I promise, just truly amused. I enjoyed your post.
    Thanks! Yeah, that's me pretty much. Occupational hazard! I'm a professor and you know how we go on, and on, and on...

And Sirslarty, a happier ending indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Knowing this, I forced myself to act in a different way. And it was good. The scent of Homme de Gres makes me feel like "a new man", a different person altogether yet still "me" and the person I knew my own family would like me to be. I was able to express my views without fear of dishonor and still feel humility and my own self.
    I like that.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Dependent

mine revolves around Eau Savage. My grandfather's signature scent. And i believe the first time i had it splashed on me, was when i was little in kindergarten. He was my father figure. The last scent I remember smelling on him before he passed on from serious health issues was ES. My world crashed when he left, and it took me nearly a year to get over it. He is my Hero. ES will ALWAYS have a place in my heart because of him. I am absolutely certain there will never be a day that ES will be absent from my wardrobe.