Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Wink The Oracle at Delphi.

In the ancient world the Oracle at Delphi was the place to get your advise based on information the spies it had in placed all over the then known world reported back. The priestess of Apolo breathed some exotic gas that was pervasive in a cavern and the priest would interpret her strange jargon. Well, in the modern world where fragrance houses are dropping like flies and reforumulations and discontinuations are ruining your favorite frag what better time follow my advise, to hoard the classics you love. The proof of this is that I recently ordered Christian Lacroix Tumulte, love it but, they just filed for bankruptcy. The muse leads me to wonderful fragrances and the gremlins take them away. Anyway, Tumulte, mens edt, Good Stuff! Bad gremlins!
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th June 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Default Re: The Oracle at Delphi.

You're hilarious, Tesla! Your thread titles are the best. While we're on ancient wonders, can we compare Mitsouko to the Colossus of Rhodes?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: The Oracle at Delphi.

LOL. Why, certainly. I am at your disposal. The Colossus of Rhodes would be exemlplary of Mitsouko bridging the past and the present, one foot in the past and the other firmly in the present, it's head held high with its' amazing fragrance, a gift of the gods of Mt. Olympus to we mere mortals.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th June 2009 at 03:30 PM.

I am ordering the Avon/Christian Lacroix "Absynthe" sight unseen. Pretty "green fairy" bottle and--according to online reviews--a unisex scent.

Yes, the fashion house went under. Shame. I know as a fact that Lacroix was deeply into fashion history. He actually co-designed costumes for the film "Enfants du siecle," which was set in the 1830s. I suspect the designer is smitten with the 19th century, esp. with a parfum named Absynthe.

Any men/women BNers have an opinion of Absynthe? There are no reviews as of yet in the archives.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Primrose:

That is a good idea. I have been looking at that one too. Please let me know what you think of it when you get a bottle. Beautiful bottle by the way.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th June 2009 at 03:48 PM.

I 've had a long history of talking to the gremlins. Back in my twenties I fell in love with Jil Sander Pure and since then I have loved Feeling Man and Backrground. The house didn't exacly go under but Jil Sander was ostracised from her own house after it was taken over by the Prada group and tha completely changed the direction their fragrances were going.

In the early 00's I fell in love with Le Feu d' Issey. I didn't know what Basenotes was back then and I couldn't even dream of buying it for myself so I bought it as a present to a friend.

I had smelled Tumulte in the past and thought it was lovely in its simplicity. Immediately as I heard the news about the house filing for bankrupcy I went out and bought myself a bottle.
    Last edited by cpk; 19th June 2009 at 05:34 PM.

Blog Entries

CPK: I bought a bottle of Tumulte also.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I 've had a long history of talking to the gremlins. Back in my twenties I fell in love with Jil Sander Pure and since then I have loved Feeling Man and Backrground. The house didn't exacly go under but Jil Sander was ostracised from her own house after it was taken over by the Prada group and tha completely changed the direction their fragrances were going.

In the early 00's I fell in love with Le Feu d' Issey. I didn't know what Basenotes was back then and I couldn't even dream of buying it for myself so I bought it as a present to a friend.

I had smelled Tumulte in the past and thought it was lovely in its simplicity. Immediately as I heard the news about the house filing for bankrupcy I went out and bought myself a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    In the ancient world the Oracle at Delphi was the place to get your advise based on information the spies it had in placed all over the then known world reported back. The priestess of Apolo breathed some exotic gas that was pervasive in a cavern and the priest would interpret her strange jargon. Well, in the modern world where fragrance houses are dropping like flies and reforumulations and discontinuations are ruining your favorite frag what better time follow my advise, to hoard the classics you love. The proof of this is that I recently ordered Christian Lacroix Tumulte, love it but, they just filed for bankruptcy. The muse leads me to wonderful fragrances and the gremlins take them away. Anyway, Tumulte, mens edt, Good Stuff! Bad gremlins!
    I hate to break it to you, but I've been the (fragrance) Oracle at Delphi for at least the past 8 years! (http://forums.delphiforums.com/delphiniumblue)

Blog Entries

Perfume_Addict: Oh My! Well, how small is the world? Oh priestess of Delphi, welcome to my humble fragrance thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Addict View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but I've been the (fragrance) Oracle at Delphi for at least the past 8 years! (http://forums.delphiforums.com/delphiniumblue)