Code of Conduct

Question Any thoughts on the Keiko Mecheri sample program?

Hi everyone!

I just found out about Keiko Mecheri's sample program: 30 fragrance samples (all of their collection except for the "Loukhoum Trio") for $48... plus additional shipping fees for non-US customers, of course. It comes in a box with blotters, which seems very nice. Being a perfume newbie, I never smelled any of their fragrances and I was wondering if it's an interesting house enough to be worth smelling all of their scents. Did anyone order this and what did you think?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by WinifredBanks; 20th June 2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any thoughts on the Keiko Mecheri sample program?

It depends on the kind of scents you are interested in. I have tried 4-5 of these and they are all very light, powdery & fruity, not my cuppa. You say they are blotters? Does that mean only strips of paper, no actual juice? If that's the case, I would pass.
    Last edited by kumquat; 19th June 2009 at 11:46 PM.

Good point, I should mention what I like
    I tend to like light fruity scents, but not to fall in love with them. I'm not crazy about citrus scents though. I can take powdery but not too much, white floral but not too much, and I certainly like spicy and woody even though not always on myself.

They're 30 normal samples, they come in a box and they send blotters so we can test them, it's not just blotters.

You can have a look here: http://www.keikomecheri.com/ - just click on "samples"
    Last edited by WinifredBanks; 20th June 2009 at 01:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Gosh, I didn't know they had 30 scents. I would think that would be almost a lifetime supply. That looks like a nice set. I would think you would find several to like if you prefer lighter scents.

First off....welcome welcome to Winifred! ("I'm in love with a girl named Fred"...from "Once Upon a Mattress? Carol Burnett's first big splash o B'way ??? Based on The Princess and the Peas and the Princess' name is Winifred////"Fred" for short???....But I digress.)

MANY thanks for this piece of info. I own and adore two Mecheri's....the Loukhoum and the sinuous .Umè...and just received a sample of Oliban which I GOTTA have.

I see the program is intended for folks on this side of the pond...P.M. me if you're interested, Winifred. We could maybe share and I could ship to you for mere pfennigs...
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

First off....welcome welcome to Winifred! ("I'm in love with a girl named Fred"...from "Once Upon a Mattress? Carol Burnett's first big splash on B'way ??? Based on The Princess and the Peas and the Princess' name is Winifred??? "Fred" for short???....But I digress.)

MANY thanks for this piece of info. I own and adore two Mecheri's....the honeyed Loukhoum and the sinuous .Umè...and just received a sample of Oliban which I GOTTA have. (I love Orientals...)

I see the program is intended for folks on this side of the pond...P.M. me if you're interested (Geeze. Just sixty clams for both sets.....), Winifred. We could maybe share and I could ship to you for mere pfennigs...
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

...don't ask me how THAT happened....sorry...

Thanks for your input, and thanks for your warm welcome Taolady, I feel spoiled!
    I think I might like some of them, but because I don't read about them that often on Basenotes, I was wondering if they were interesting or not.
    Taolady, it seems to be only $5 more to have it sent abroad so not a big deal, but thanks for the offer!