Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default A friend recently dissed my fragrance hobby

I am as compulsive and intense concerning mens slow pitch softball as I am about this hobby. For years I was known as "Batman" since I owned only the hardest hitting and best sticks allowed in league play, not to mention all info pertaining to them.

Basically, all of my friends and social life revolve around softball....even now. One friend in particular comes over semi regularly and a few months ago finally noticed the boatload of frags I accumulated instead of my usual wall full of bats. He was like "WTF" ???

At any rate, I ended spraying some of my best vintage stuff on his arms, one at a time, to see his reaction. He is 28 and a baseball stud. I'm 53, no longer a stud and only still playing because I pitch very well.

He hated every one, including my HG Patou PH and the last one I sprayed on him I knew he would hate....and that was Success by MCM. He almost went into convulsions from that one.

Weeks later at the fields we play at, he's fronting on me in front of all our softball buddies about the horrible shyt I collect and wear, blah,blah,blah. Of course, all the other young bucks think it's funny and chime in. I hear this crap on and off all night.

Very recently he comes over and as usual hangs out, drinks almost all my beer and bumming my smokes. He passes out in front of the TV ....and before I realize what I'm doing, I have a huge atomizer full of MCM Success in my hand and am carefully spraying every inch of his body, except his head, clothes and all. I had to reload the atomizer and went down to his car. I sprayed the inside of his softball bag and the rest I annointed the inside of his car with.

I should have videotaped him waking up. I could have put it on youtube. It was well worth 20ml of Success.

Default Re: A friend recently dissed my fragrance hobby

Ah, retribution -- Basenotes stylee. Very well done mister

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Haha.

Who cares what they think. Good prank.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: A friend recently dissed my fragrance hobby

How sweet revenge can be. My assesment is that he had it comming!

Hilarious! You make me feel lame when, in such situations, my only come back is saying "I think with one more crack-up line at my hobby I'll be sufficiently punished."

Success will always smell wonderful to you now AE! Hat's off!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

That will teach him for dissing the Don
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Great story!!!
    Nobody should diss your hobbies. I wished people were more respectful of the things others love.
    Who cares what they think.
    Revenge is a dish "successfully" served cold.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Great story!!!
    Nobody should diss your hobbies. I wished people were more respectful of the things others love.
    Absolutely true. I also think that sometimes ppl just see something that's out of the ordinary and immediately jump at the opportunity to be the star of their own little funny-man show, not thinking about the feelings of others. It's not about making fun of someone, it's about establishing one's self as funny/valuable or whatever.

Great story indeed. Next time, just unscrew the cap of the atomiser and pour the contents into his bag for a lot of added longevity
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Very well served!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

That is awesome Aromi I would love to see his reaction . Dissing you in front of the other guys ? Not cool at all, but we've all had another guy do that at some point.

And since you are a good pitcher, the next time he's up to bat, maybe let some of your "control" go

Dependent

Fragrance gangster rage:toppie:

Uhhmm, this person is a friend - how, exactly?

I'd have saved the MCM, and wiped him off the minute he tried making himself look big at your expense.
    Renato

Not sure wat MCM Success is, but u better off with a cheap one like Adidas Dynamic Pulse i have )
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I am as compulsive and intense concerning mens slow pitch softball as I am about this hobby. For years I was known as "Batman" since I owned only the hardest hitting and best sticks allowed in league play, not to mention all info pertaining to them.

Basically, all of my friends and social life revolve around softball....even now. One friend in particular comes over semi regularly and a few months ago finally noticed the boatload of frags I accumulated instead of my usual wall full of bats. He was like "WTF" ???

At any rate, I ended spraying some of my best vintage stuff on his arms, one at a time, to see his reaction. He is 28 and a baseball stud. I'm 53, no longer a stud and only still playing because I pitch very well.

He hated every one, including my HG Patou PH and the last one I sprayed on him I knew he would hate....and that was Success by MCM. He almost went into convulsions from that one.

Weeks later at the fields we play at, he's fronting on me in front of all our softball buddies about the horrible shyt I collect and wear, blah,blah,blah. Of course, all the other young bucks think it's funny and chime in. I hear this crap on and off all night.

Very recently he comes over and as usual hangs out, drinks almost all my beer and bumming my smokes. He passes out in front of the TV ....and before I realize what I'm doing, I have a huge atomizer full of MCM Success in my hand and am carefully spraying every inch of his body, except his head, clothes and all. I had to reload the atomizer and went down to his car. I sprayed the inside of his softball bag and the rest I annointed the inside of his car with.

I should have videotaped him waking up. I could have put it on youtube. It was well worth 20ml of Success.

If only it were baseball. You ever watched Roger Clemens or Randy Johnson pitch? Yeahhh give him a nice hair buzz. Hit him anyway and hope he charges the mound. Do a Pedro Matinez on Don Zimmer and the ask "HOW DO I SMELL NOW BITCH?"

- Al

You are not alone, and besides, as other Basenotes members accurately remarked, dissing the Don never stays unpunished. But I'm writing now, because I had a similar experience, in my case a female friend had a similar reaction, saying ones to me (almost up to sending me threat letters and hate-messages) that : "You would be such a wonderful person if you would concentrate on more important things in life, than your perfume hobby", at another point "You will never do anything with your life, yet continue buying perfumes 20 years from now instead" and "Life has much tougher decisions to take than just thinking about the next perfume purchase". So, although my story is different, I tip my hat to your reaction and thus manage to understand that perfume aficionados
    haven't got an easy life (but the more amusing, as soon as the moment of revenge draws near).

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    You are not alone, and besides, as other Basenotes members accurately remarked, dissing the Don never stays unpunished. But I'm writing now, because I had a similar experience, in my case a female friend had a similar reaction, saying ones to me (almost up to sending me threat letters and hate-messages) that : "You would be such a wonderful person if you would concentrate on more important things in life, than your perfume hobby", at another point "You will never do anything with your life, yet continue buying perfumes 20 years from now instead" and "Life has much tougher decisions to take than just thinking about the next perfume purchase". So, although my story is different, I tip my hat to your reaction and thus manage to understand that perfume aficionados
    haven't got an easy life (but the more amusing, as soon as the moment of revenge draws near).
    I actually found it a little insulting and hurtful that she would judge you as a person to be less than wonderful because you feel passionate about something. Even if it were the cheapest frags on earth, I think it really doesn't warrant such comments. Such friends are dispensable or only for good times imo. I may be a little too sensitive, but well if you want to change a friend, you might as well have a change of friend - just my premise.

Having hobbies such as fragrance makes you a more interesting person. If someone can't see that, then screw them, they don't deserve to be friends with you, and they're probably far less interesting than they believe they are. Some people tend to think that having 'little' interests like this means that you don't have an active and fulfilling life (Ken's example), but it's the complete opposite of that.
    Last edited by Mostapha; 21st June 2009 at 11:13 AM.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

AromiErotici

The "Friend" in question is actually a decent enough guy who causes mucho drama in his own life to the point where myself ( and others) just shake our heads on a regular basis.

His "dissing" me wasn't malicious on his part.....just friendly "ballbreaking".......BUT......I figure that fair exchange ain't no robbery. He survived the Success incident and it's doubtful he will be denigrating this hobby again any time soon.

Don't you just wish you actually owned a bottle of Secretions Magnifiques?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Don't you just wish you actually owned a bottle of Secretions Magnifiques?
    Lol. He is very fortunate I don't have this in my wardrobe. I am a very liberal sprayer.

Bleh our hobby doesn't harm anyone, and it keeps us happy. Screw the ones who don't like it or who don't even try to understand.

I wouldn't have used good stuff on the guy but most likely a bucket of water.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Bleh our hobby doesn't harm anyone, and it keeps us happy. Screw the ones who don't like it or who don't even try to understand.

I wouldn't have used good stuff on the guy but most likely a bucket of water.
    Lol. Success may be the only vintage frag I own that is so strong and belligerent, I have no occasions that I can think of to ever wear it. ( except around the house). It is simply brutal 1980's and truly a neanderthal, medallion wearing and hedonistic creation fit for absolute shock value.

Great idea about spraying the interior of the guy's car. That's gonna be with him for a LONG time! See if he ends up buying a new car. That'll teach him for being a wise ass.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Hilarious! You make me feel lame when, in such situations, my only come back is saying "I think with one more crack-up line at my hobby I'll be sufficiently punished."

Success will always smell wonderful to you now AE! Hat's off!
    Actually, that's not such a lame comeback - it's all in the way you deliver it, with great sarcasm.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Excellent prank! I sometimes would spray perfume on my older daughter when she is in a bad mood, it easies thing up, she laughs at it.

Once, after wrestling practice, I felt like spraying Agua Brava to the clothes of a friend / wrestling buddy who was showering. This was after he made a bruhaha about me using "insecticide" as a fragrance among buddies. The point I did not is because these sorts of pranks are dealed with at wrestling practice. Still, I decided to hide his training shoes and play fool.

Regarding our hobby, I say that I like fragrances but I don't state that I collect them the way I do, even though I have many friends who are fond of them.
    Last edited by Pollux; 21st June 2009 at 02:48 PM.

That is a great story!

I never heard of Success and had to look it up and by the reviews it sounds like his car is going to be hard to drive

Basenotes Plus

I would have done the same & added scrambled eggs to his shoes.

I Love this story.....way to go.....hope He learned but I have my doubts.
    Gary