Code of Conduct

Exclamation Does anyone know what men's colognes are popular in magazine samples right now?

Long story, but my friend just wrote me an old-fashioned paper letter. Before he sent it off, he put it in between the pages of a magazine he was reading. THAT THING SMELLED SO GOOD. I can't even describe how good it smelled. I asked him if he had been wearing cologne while he was writing my letter and he gave me the magazine explanation. Now I am on the hunt. I don't really want to go to a department store to try and sniff it out because all the scents are so overpowering and I end up not being able to tell the fragrances apart. So I was wondering if any of you guys read men's magazines and knew what cologne samples you regularly see in there. If any of you want to rip out your samples and send them to me, hell, I'm up for that, too. I'm desperate over here. Whatever this scent is, it can definitely drive a woman crazy.

Default Re: Does anyone know what men's colognes are popular in magazine samples right now?

I've recently seen Diesel Only the Brave and Hugo Element. AdG can still be found along with Eternity for men.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Does anyone know what men's colognes are popular in magazine samples right now?

The new Axe with leather is pretty big in men's magazines.

Acqua Di Gio, Diesel Only the Brave, Lacoste Essential, some Hugo Boss frag, usually all you find in the pages of GQ at least recently.

I've also been seeing lots of ads for L'homme lately. Do you know which magazine it was specifically?

I'm not completely sure what magazine it was. I could probably found out, but it would be a few weeks before I got an answer.

After looking at all these lovely responses, it makes me wonder if the culprit isn't "Acqua Di Gio." I had a profound reaction to that cologne a few years ago. But I'm not sure because I smelled it on someone else recently and it didn't smell the same. Unless the natural oils on that person's skin gave it a new, weird twist.

Also, I am still open to suggestions. Keep 'em comin', boys!

I've seen Davidoff Adventure in magezines.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

How do people get join dates of 1969?

Armani Code and Acqua Di GIo are still mainstays in all the sports mags.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Yeah, I've always wondered about that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    You know those pretentious music people who are all like, "I was into that band before it was even a band"?

Well, I suspect that it's something like that.

I don't post much, but I have been around this board since before it was even a board.

A Macy's magazine I just got had samples of

True Religion
    Rocawear
    Kenneth Cole Black
    Euphoria
    Guess by Marciano

If you check a GQ you may find it. They seem to have the most of those ads per issue.

done anyone know how i can get those magazine?

Sur la Plage

I still see tons of ads for Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue for Men in major magazines.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dolce and Gabbana The One
    YSL L'Homme

I've seen a bunch of magazine smelling strips for YSL L'Homme as of late. The ads seem to be working so much that the SAs over at the local Macy's have seen a big demand increase.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I've seen a few for Gucci by Gucci around.

I doubt it's in those I read, such as Hot Rod, Muscle Car Enthusiast, etc. In one of my past lives, I managed the newsstand at a bookstore and I recommend the latest issue of Details. It was always full of scented ads for mens fragrance.

Acqua Di Gio and Only The Brave.

My Maxim and esquire both sport, along the lines of, Lacoste Essential, Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, Diesel, Polo Black, Armani Code and Perry Ellis (I forgot which one).
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    My Maxim and esquire both sport, along the lines of, Lacoste Essential, Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, Diesel, Polo Black, Armani Code and Perry Ellis (I forgot which one).
    The Perry Ellis would have to be the recent "Perry Ellis for Men" release.

God, this is so difficult. The scent has already faded from his letter, which makes this even HARDER.

But I got my hands on a GQ mag and I am pretty sure that it is not:

YSL L'Homme, Gucci by Gucci or Guess by Marciano. There is a familiar note in "Only the Brave", but it's a little too "soapy."

I just ordered a bunch of men's cologne samples. I will figure this out. Even if it means that I have to scour the Internet for random samples for months.
    Last edited by aura; 27th June 2009 at 07:03 AM.

As mentioned earlier, try Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. The ad is usually a one or two page spread with a male model in a white speedo. I know because I bought a magazine and taped this ad to my roommate's fridge for kicks.

Other ads:

Polo blue, polo black, CK One