Code of Conduct

Default Edit made my 3 blind buys Bulgari ? exchanged Blv for Vesace Pour Homme

Bulgari Aqua, Black and Blv. Which ones do you like or dislike and why. Thanks........Edit i exchanged Blv for Versace Pour Homme. did i make a better decision?
    Last edited by cmax; 23rd June 2009 at 12:26 AM.

Default Re: What do you think of my 3 blind buys? Bulgari

I dislike them all now. Black is too flat and the jasmine bergamot combo over it all turns my nose, Aqva is too sour and cloudy, Blv is too powdery and faint.

Don't blind buy.
    Last edited by genvy5; 21st June 2009 at 10:05 PM.

Sur la Plage

IMO, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I really like Aqua and Black - they are the only Bulgari fragrances I think are worth owning. I never really liked Blv - I don't find anything about it interesting or compelling that would make me want to buy a bottle (even at a discount price).
    Last edited by petruccijc; 22nd June 2009 at 02:52 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

In fact, all 3 are well crafted scents. Ok, I admit, I wouldn't wear Black all the time, but the remaining
    2 are good as summer scents.

I just blind bought 2 fragrances

But about your Bulgari's cmax, I think you made out very well. Although personally, I would prefer Blu Notte or Pour Homme over Blu, but that is just me

I really like Black, very nice although I have to give a surprising 6 sprays for good longevity. I know its flat, but I don't always want something that is too aromatic. Black seems easy for me to pull off. I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it on, however.

I don't mind Aqua and I do not get that much of a resemblance to Acqua di Gio homme like others do. Very marine and salty. It has pretty good longevity as well. I am still considering buying a bottle, although I should not buy anymore bottles until next year

Nicely done, cmax.

Thanks guys! keep em coming .

All very good blind buys. Bvlgari is a safe company to blind buy from as long as it is not Aqva Marine
    These fragrances all have a common Bvlgari "smoothness" (as I like to refer to) that is a very nice note that seems very high class.
    The only one I would not want is Blv. I have Blv Notte and it is just too powdery for me. Instead, I would have bought either Bvlgari Pour Homme, Bvlgari PH Extreme, OR Bvlgari PH Soir.

Black is a very very nice fragrance and one of my favorites. Shame on all the haters. You will probably end up loving it.
    Bvlgari Aqva is a typical marine scent PLUS the Bvlgari "smoothness" and that changes it from any other typical ocean scent. You will like this too.
    Last edited by urgetopurge; 21st June 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Aqva is a wonderful fragrance. Black is pretty cool too but people complain its too faint, I've never worn it just sprayed on cotton ball. I don't like BLV though, just not my category of fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    I would have bought either Bvlgari Pour Homme, Bvlgari PH Extreme, OR Bvlgari PH Soir.
    I already own Bvlgari PH Extreme and is wearing as we speak.

Blu is one of my most disliked fragrances. The medicinal ginger is unpleasant and unending.

Black is unique and fun to wear. I like the rubbery notes. I like Menardo scents and while I don't own it, this in the one I'd buy of the three.

Aqua is good for its genre, especially the topnotes. I wouldn't buy it, though.

Basenotes Institution

Only like Black.

Any special reason why you blind bought these cmax, when they're extremely easy to sample and test at most Sephoras and dept. stores?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 21st June 2009 at 11:33 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Only like Black.

Any special reason why you blind bought these cmax, when they're extremely easy to sample and test at most Sephoras and dept. stores?
    Good question, well i am going to New Orleans in 2 weeks and could not decide out of my wardrobe what to wear. I was close to picking Bvlgari Extreme and then decided that i wanted something good for summer, and Aqua kept coming up as suggestions in the search.And then i read about the other Bvlgari scents , and to make a long story short i was able to pluck all three for about 67$ total including shipping.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    Good question, well i am going to New Orleans in 2 weeks and could not decide out of my wardrobe what to wear. I was close to picking Bvlgari Extreme and then decided that i wanted something good for summer, and Aqua kept coming up as suggestions in the search.And then i read about the other Bvlgari scents , and to make a long story short i was able to pluck all three for about 67$ total including shipping.
    I see. I love traveling on vacation with new scents. I myself have a handful of bottles and decants that I picked up over the last couple of months that I purposefully have NOT worn so that when I travel in August, I can take them on my trip with me and 'discover' them.

Good price for all three too.

More importantly, what do you think of all three?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Dependent

Im quite a huge fan of bulgari and i think u made great purchases. Aqua has been and still is one of the best aquatics around, and is so much more affordable than alot of other mainstreams even. Blu is like an approach to be oriental, very thick but warm, powdery and gingery. Black is just something else altogether, a little in the mold of m7 which can put ppl off initially but if given the time, can grow into a lovely powerful scent

I respect Aqua & Black, but don't wear them... BLV never resonated with me...

Black is my least favorite of the three. It's an aqcuired taste with a strong, rubbery, smoky vanilla that sadly gives me a headache. I would like it if I didn't have reaction to it.

You can't go wrong with Aqua. One of the better Aquatics with a definite brininess and great longevity.

The Blu pour Homme (which I assume you got) and Blu Notte Pour Homme I picked up from a discount clothing store are very similar. I enjoy their rich, relaxing, spicy warmth but I haven't figured out a time or place to wear either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Good price for all three too.

More importantly, what do you think of all three?
    I ordered today , i should receive by Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Im quite a huge fan of bulgari and i think u made great purchases. Aqua has been and still is one of the best aquatics around,
    Mathew i think your user name came up quite frequently when i did a search on Aqua i knew you loved that one. Thanks again to all that responded , i feel great about my purchase and is eagerly awaiting for the arrival.
    Last edited by cmax; 22nd June 2009 at 02:42 AM.

Black and Aqua are both fantastic, imo. Black was my first real "wtf?" scent, which got me more into trying new and less than common fragrances.

Aqua is a great summer scent

Quote Originally Posted by alacious View Post
    Black and Aqua are both fantastic, imo. Black was my first real "wtf?" scent, which got me more into trying new and less than common fragrances.

Aqua is a great summer scent
    Ditto. I get tons of compliments from Black. Aqua rocks and it's my favorite from the ADG clones - I know it's not exact but it's in the same genre.

There is a note in Blu that makes me kind of gag. Not sure why, but I passed on this one. Hopefully it will work for you.
    Peace ~ Markymark

The only Bulgari i have is Aqua which i love really it make you think of ocean sea, feel great and it has pretty good longevity.

Love Aqua, like Black (but prefer it on my girlfriend), never tried BLV.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I'm not sure about Bulgari Black. Blv is ok and so is Aqua. Bulgari Soir is the only Bulgari I own and in my opinion it's the best, even better than PH and Extreme.

My favorite Bulgari is still the Pour Homme. The others I've never liked much. Black is a curiosity and is good to have a sample of for a collector, but I have hard time wearing it. It's never a good idea to blind buy. I am a compulsive blind buyer and I regret it when I do !

Ok i changed my order before they shipped it i deleted Blv and then added Versace Pour Homme

Sur la Plage

Ok i changed my order before they shipped it i deleted Blv and then added Versace Pour Homme
    Yes, I think you made a good decision IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Despite me liking Blv, Versace Pour Homme is a much better fragrance and much more wearable. It's the only men's Versace I enjoy. Is the Versace a blind buy as well?

Default Re: Edit made my 3 blind buys Bulgari ? exchanged Blv for Vesace Pour Homme

The Versace should be easy to find in most department stores... You could have easily tested this one before ordering... Personally, neither BLV or VPH resonated with me...

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Is the Versace a blind buy as well?
    Kinda, i smelled it from a magazine. To make a long story short, i had to return a shirt to TJ Max and i checked out their fragrance and Blv Notte was sitting on the shelf i smelled it and it really didn't thrill me although Blv is different i figured if i didn't like Notte that i wouldn't like the reg version.
    Last edited by cmax; 23rd June 2009 at 03:29 AM.

Kinda, i smelled it from a magazine. To make a long story short, i had to return a shirt to TJ Max and i checked out their fragrance and Blv Notte was sitting on the shelf i smelled it and it really didn't thrill me although Blv is different i figured if i didn't like Notte that i wouldn't like the reg version.
    You're right, you wouldn't like it. They're very similar.

Default Re: Edit made my 3 blind buys Bulgari ? exchanged Blv for Vesace Pour Homme

The Versace is infinitely better than Blu, so that was a good call on your part.

Bulgari Aqua, Black and Blv. Which ones do you like or dislike and why. Thanks........Edit i exchanged Blv for Versace Pour Homme. did i make a better decision?
    Good decision as i own and love VPH.

Just curious, how's the longevity and sillage of Black? I'm actually planning to get Black some time this week

Fairly good.

I suggest that when you get Aqva, you take it for a stroll on a rainy midnight. It's a nice experience. There's a Chopin etude you should listen to which will enhance the experience, which you can find in my review of Aqva

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    Fairly good.

I suggest that when you get Aqva, you take it for a stroll on a rainy midnight. It's a nice experience. There's a Chopin etude you should listen to which will enhance the experience, which you can find in my review of Aqva
    If only i had it last night, it was stormy and rainy.
    Just curious, how's the longevity and sillage of Black? I'm actually planning to get Black some time this week .
    i can't answer that yet. maybe some one else could chime in.
    Last edited by cmax; 23rd June 2009 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Good decision as i own and love VPH.

Just curious, how's the longevity and sillage of Black? I'm actually planning to get Black some time this week
    I would say it has average longevity, because I do have to over-spray to be able to "feel" it on me throughout the day. I actually do 6 () sprays, which is alot for me, but because Black is not a overly rich or aromatic fragrance, I think I can get away with this . With 6 sprays I can get a good 8 hours ( I think).

Received my package today ! wonderful blind buys mainly Aqua and Black both get 5 stars from me and Versace Pour Homme get 4 stars , only because the scent is so common but nice none the less . Thanks again.

Bvlgari fragrance sells like hot cake here in Thailand.

Most people like Aqva best, then Bvlgari Extreme, followed by BLV.

I own all of these and find myself reaching for BLV less than the other two. Not that it isn't nice enough, it just projects too well for BKK heat.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Aqva is the only one I like from the 3 you mentioned. BLV is too powdery, as others mentioned, and Black has been reformulated and is too light for me.

Versace Pour Homme is much easier to wear than BLV, but a bit more mundane. Good decision.

Haven't tried the other two, but Aqva is nice, definitely worth a buy IMO .