Code of Conduct

Default Body Shop White Musk for Men - Really Good for the $

Tried some on when I was at the mall. For $28 it's pretty amazing. Shares some of the same notes as my beloved Nasomatto Silver Musk as well, for 1/5th the price.

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bodys...tId=prod658866

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Body Shop White Musk for Men - Really Good for the $

I like it and use it as a "go-to-bed" fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like it and use it as a "go-to-bed" fragrance.
    Does it have good longevity and sillage? I just checked their site and they have a new one called Activist, a classic citrus and sandalwood offering, also for only $28 USD for 100 ML.

A bit off topic, but I have sampled many less and more expensive hair conditioners, and I think the Body Shop's Honey and Olive Glossing hair conditioners are great for the money. For my hair, I could certainly spend more, but I do not think get better.

Best,

TJ
    Last edited by TigerJuice; 22nd June 2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Grammar!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    [B]Does it have good longevity and sillage?]
    I've had it on for 4 hrs and I can still smell it, although it's weakened (Nasomatto Silver Musk would still be going strong in comparison). It's no sillage monster, just a pleasant clean musk.
    Last edited by adonis; 22nd June 2009 at 03:36 AM.

Hrmmm, I really like Silver Musk so I'm gonna have to give this a shot. How similar overall would you say the two scents are?
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Hrmmm, I really like Silver Musk so I'm gonna have to give this a shot. How similar overall would you say the two scents are?
    I'm terrible at describing scents. I liken it to interpretive dancing to describe an architectural landmark. You won't be throwing out the NSM bottle because you found the low cost replacement. NSM is definitely much stronger and longer lasting. They both share the clean skin vibe - the actual musk note is very similar. Where NSM is surrounded by those slightly buttery-pepper support notes, White Musk is lighter, simpler and more polite.

But hey, $28 for 100ml vs $148 for 30ml - I'm guessing you'll probably like it, especially considering you like the subtle smell of Prada. And you won't cringe if the atomizer spray nozzle wasn't pointing directly at you when applying (that's happened to me with NSM and I immediately thought "there's $5 out the window")
    Last edited by adonis; 22nd June 2009 at 06:32 AM.

^ Thats how I'd feel if I missprayed NSM which I had the opportunity of trying last week. I will try out White Musk after reading this thread.

Does it have good longevity and sillage? I just checked their site and they have a new one called Activist, a classic citrus and sandalwood offering, also for only $28 USD for 100 ML.
    Activist is an old one. I remember liking the shower gel around 10 years ago, but I have no idea what I'd think now, so I can at best go with a cautious recommendation.

As for White Musk for Men...
    $28 for 100 mL is certainly a good price.

I've always found the White Musk line simple and classic in a straight clean musk kind of way.

I think it is a nice fragrance but find the longevity to be poor on my skin which prevents me buying it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Is it just a simple white musk smell like CK Be....any sensuality embedded in this sense that is in fact quality worth and makes you want to be close with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Is it just a simple white musk smell like CK Be....any sensuality embedded in this sense that is in fact quality worth and makes you want to be close with it?
    I'd say more clean/safe, although perhaps a lady might feel otherwise? Musk is weird stuff, I couldn't smell Le Labo's Musk 25 for the life of me, it was as though a practical joke was being played

Hmmm well then looks I might have to snifar'oo this baby.

cK BE is my white musk fix.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I agree with you and it works perfectly for me as a casual wear-scent.

But ck BE is not captivating, or drawing to the person, as some colognes are. Does this Body works cologne "draw" you in, for example, in the sense that it is alluring, inviting? Or is it just an oh that smells nice, gotta go! Kind of thing?

Sur la Plage

Best,

TJ
    No. It does not have the greatest sillage/longevity. But I think it has a really nice smell, and I find the lavender in it relaxing - which is why I wear it to bed. Plus, my partner likes the smell of it.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 22nd June 2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    But ck BE is not captivating, or drawing to the person, as some colognes are.
    I have the exact opposite experience with cK Be. Personally, I really like it too -- it's one of the only 2 designer scents I've held on to. The way it projects and evolves on my skin makes me feel it isn't a linear musk, but it's quite multifaceted with multiple layers of various musks. Interestingly enough, the olfactory image in paints for me isn't white -- it's light gray, almost white but with a tint of grey.

It also is one of the only designers my Female CIO has complimented me on. She's in her mid thirties and based on the compliments, she tends to like Orientals, Incense and Musk fragrances. I distinctively remember the first instance she had complimented me on cK Be. I had stopped by her cabin to discuss some technical issue -- she was sipping from her coffee mug, her chair swivelled to the other side with her back facing me when I walkd in -- I saw she closed her eyes and took a really deep breath before smilingly complimenting me on the scent. The musk seemed to hit all the right spots.
    Last edited by Amit; 22nd June 2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: bold/italics

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

A bit off topic, but I have sampled many less and more expensive hair conditioners, and I think the Body Shop's Honey and Olive Glossing hair conditioners are great for the money. For my hair, I could certainly spend more, but I do not think get better.

Best,

TJ
    I got Activist it not new i got it gift for my birthday very nice scents, lots of fruits i like it alot. Have you tried Avtivist?