Code of Conduct

Default What's wrong with 212 Sexy Men? Opinions?

I don't know if it's just me, but I get a spicy, peppery vanilla scent with some weird note I notice straight away which I find very offensive. I want to like it but I just can't, and it's because of this weird note, that I would liken to stale body odour mixed with the vanilla et al. And before anyone suggests it, no I don't have BO, it's definately coming from this 212 Sexy Men.

Anyone know what it is? Or is this fragrance just not mixing with my body/skin chemistry? What are general opinions about 212 Sexy Men anyway? Any similar alternatives out there without the dislikeable note? (I am aware of Le Male comparisons and that one doesn't float my boat either).

I personally liked the original 212 Men aside from the slightly loud (for my liking) grassy notes.

Thanks...
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 23rd June 2009 at 12:12 AM.

Default Re: What's wrong with 212 Sexy Men? Opinions?

General opinions aren't great. I myself don't dislike it, but it's a subtle kind of smell that doesn't denote sexy for me. It's simply not interesting. And no, I don't get a B.O. scent of it.

There is also similar smell Perry ellis white 360 to La male it smooth and won't give you headache.

I just got 212 for men on Ice and I love it. I sprayed the original 212 on a card.. maybe too close.. all I know is it smelled like liquid pepper or something and I didn't give it a proper chance. I probably will in the future. I haven't tried this one though

I hated it, sold it at half price. too cloying, Herrera for men is a better choice as far as CH scents are concerned

Its good and even heard a girl comment on what it does to her while I was visiting sephora. However, I prefer the original 212.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Personally, I don't like it. Its too cloying.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Am I the only one who smells almonds in this fragrance?
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

I m currently using 212 for men, very versatile, politically correct, in general nice.....I tried the Sexy version but is too much for me, with an incredible longevity, but no no no. I prefer Le Male, I think Sexy is a very bad copy.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BINGO

Having worn the original 212 for some time now I thought the 212sexy would be a nice add on. Reality? It smelt like a loaded baby diaper simmering in the back seat of a car parked under direct summer sunlight.

N A S T Y

I bought this scent for my 44 year old dad for his birthday because he had smelt it on a card and loved it. Hr still does, but has recieved consistent female comments such as, 'whats that burning smell', 'i think you might need a shower'. The second comment is in good nature, but even i wore some of this scent and my auntie thought something was burning. So theres your answer, burning smell apparently.

For me the "Sexy" version verges on an olfactory hoax...