Code of Conduct

Wink Your Favorite Cosmetic Brand?

Me I'm a tride and true Estee Lauder Girl I love pretty much all their make up and skin care

but of course they are a tad bit pricey so

my favorite "drugstore" brand is Almay their eyeliners are better than in department store

brands and all their other stuff is great too, so please share your 2 cents about what

cosmetic brand works best for you
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Default Re: Your Favorite Cosmetic Brand?

I like Shiseido lipstick, Prescriptives mascara, bare minerals foundation. Eye and cheek color is all over the board. Shiseido's formulas are really silky. I guess they're maybe my favorite.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 23rd June 2009 at 04:06 AM.

I like NARS blusher and eyeshadow and lipstick. The pigment is really intense and long lasting.

For the foundation & loose powder I've been using Lunasol for almost 3 years. I found it look fantastic even when the weather is really hot and humid.

I'm a real sucker for mascara. Buy them very often, too often. As I give myself the excuse that I should throw away the used one after 5-6 weeks of opening. That result I have an army of back-up mascara like..ummm...20

Basenotes Institution

Christian Dior face care and Clarins .
    Shiseido makeup is excellent as is Estee Lauder makeup.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Chanel all the way, only Chanel from France though. Many Chanel products in the states are made in New Jersey, but this is slowly changing.

For skin care it is YonKa Paris and for sun protection I use La Roche-Posay SPF 50+
    Last edited by Brielle87; 26th June 2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I use stuff from many brands, but I use more from By Terry than anything else. Most of the makeup also treats the skin at the same time, and the colors suit me.

MAC and Nivea ( love their lash designer mascara) but I'm not overly loyal to any brand.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Basenotes Institution

I admittedly have really only ever used two brands more or less continuously - Clarins and CD. I have tried others but I go back to these two for skin care. I tried Sisley and it gave me a rash ! Clinique and EL are too harsh on my skin.

bleu autumn haze

I'm a Lancome girl. The skincare products work really well for me and most of the makeup in my everyday makeup bag is Lancome also.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Bourjois

Clinique eye shadow. It's smooth, blendable, and long lasting. Nondrying. Perfect finish. Just perfect.
    I also enjoy Clinique's face powder (on the rare occasions that I bother with such).

Hahaha, I think it's pretty apparent in my user name what my favorite brand is but I do confess, the only mascara I'm using right now is Cover Girl lash blast (in the orange tube) Its the only one that doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes after 4 hours!

Mac for me, but followed very closely by Nars, YSL and Chanel

Clinique products work well for me. Chanel has gorgeous lipsticks though.

I'm pretty loyal to MAC.

I am all over the board:
    A discontinued Cover Girl foundation (seriously, this was excellent and the color match perfection)
    Nars blush, for the most part, although I adore LORAC "Couture" from the Multi-Platinum palette (Nars blushes I wear are Orgasm, Super Orgasm, and Oasis, although I also have Sin (a bit muddy on my skin), Lovejoy (only works with fake tan) and Lustre (too brown/apricot)
    L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara (have been wearing this for years and nothing beats it)
    Clarins Instant Light Perfecting Touch (this is a concealer/highlighter pen)
    Lipstick: For years I swore by Guerlain Terracotta Terre du Sud gloss, but this is discontinued. I stocked up, but this spring I discovered....

MAC. I have been enjoying (and enjoying being confused by) their lipsticks. This started with the Dame Edna Gladiola (a matte that I did not care for at first) and has continued along with semi-frequent purchases (most recent, Trimming Talk). I do not follow the names of the collections, but I collect. I was just over at the MAC counter tonight, looking to spend money. Next up I will get Girl About Town. I'm blonde with medium/fair skin and these bright pinks look good on me.

Plus, I live in Florida, so I can get away with looking a bit garish.
    Last edited by Orion; 24th July 2009 at 03:14 AM.

I'm all over the map, too.

I love Chanel skin care, but I really can't afford many of the products. I use Chanel eye cream, serum, night cream, and in the wintertime, toner. At the moment, I use Estee Lauder for one product only--the lifting eye cream that I use for day wear when the Chanel is too heavy. Kinerase also makes a light oil-control lotion that I like, but is $$.

I don't wear eye shadow or mascara, and for lips mostly wear Kiehl's lip balm.

Foundation, loose powder and cleanser are Neutrogena. Eye concealer and liner are Revlon (colorstay is awesome!). Cheek color and countouring are Laura Geller (compacts are VERY long lasting, and color lasts all day).

My biggest problem is foundation--my skin has yellowish tones, and many foundation lines fall off the map for me. In fact, my Neutrogena is officially dc'ed, but I got a batch of 4 bottles from eBay. It doesn't help that I have oily skin
    Last edited by Asha; 7th August 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Bare Escentuals

I'm another "all-over-the-mapper"...

For skin care, I am presently using up my Aveda cleanser & am now loving my Osmotics cleanser and toner. I have a Kinerase lotion that I use, mostly at night. I also love the Shiseido sunscreen that I find/found only in Japan (so much so, that I ask friends and family to bring it back for me when they visit there!).

I used to use Darphin and then Sisley (which got insanely expensive) .

I don't wear foundation too much, opting instead for Laura Mercier's primer and tinted sunscreen, along with a fabulous concealer by Cle de Peau.

Color? Bobbi Brown's mauve palette from last year was/is fab (but pretty much depleted right now). Just treated myself to a Dior e/s palette a couple of months ago. Also really like my loose powder e/s and blush from Everyday Minerals.

Not in my current collection, I have also purchased (and loved) color for eye and cheek from Chanel and Chantecaille.

The most recent and exciting makeup find is the L'Oreal "tubes" mascara that a dear friend rec'd. Completely awesome and blows the expensive stuff from Sephora (and other places) out of the water!

And for lips - used to love Chanel (but just haven't had the opportunity to shop the counter). Currently have a lot of MAC lipsticks and a fabulous palette from Chantecaille.
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 11th September 2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Remembered more good stuff!

I like Chanel's multi-color palette. It's for the eyes, cheeks and lips. =)
    Last edited by PerfumeGoddess; 22nd January 2010 at 01:37 AM.

Basenotes Institution

For Chanel - there is one product I have used for years and years- their brown eyeliner that comes with its own pencil sharpener. I love it and started using it when Clarins discontinued their brown /bronze eyeliner.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 22nd January 2010 at 11:58 PM.

I don't have one, but my favourite brands include Dior, Lancôme, YSL, Chanel, Bourjois, T. LeClerc, OPI, Butter London, Lumene...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Skincare: Paula's Choice all the way (although I've cheated on her with Kenzoki Crème Que Fait Belle... )
    Make up: pretty much everything, as long as it suits my skintone...

Basenotes Plus

For make up- Jane Iredale mineral foundation, Dr Hauschka foundation, and Honeybee Farms for natural but quality mascara, eye shadows, lipsticks and non-toxic nail polishes (two formulas , peel off and removable with alcohol, not acetone). For skincare I like Humphreys Organic Botanicals- Witch Hazel and Jasmine Sensitive Skin Therapy line, which is efficacious and luscious on my aging but still oily, turns red and prone to blackheads skin- for reasonable prices.

Guerlain.

I have a varied approach:

men's lipstick: Jean paul Gaultier
    Face Powder: MAC blot powder medium
    Concealer: Maybelline medium beige (incredibly cheap and efficient)
    hidrating lotion: Neutrogena Oil Free
    shampoo: Head and Shoulders (the dark blue one, heavy duty)
    conditioner: Pantene Restoratives
    soap: brandless Soap de Marseilles or Aleppo (80% olive oil)
    Deodorant: Mitchum unscented
    Shave cream: Proraso (the best!)
    Aftershave: Anherb (the very best!)
    Toner: Any good Witch Hazel one
    Hand Lotion: Nivea

Clinique, Christian Dior and Lancome for me...though I like pretty much everything as long as it's efficient and it suits my skintone.

Max Factor! I especially like their mascaras and foundations, and for me those two products are the most important basics.

For a little luxus, I like Dior´s 5 piece eyeshadow, and for lipsticks I swear to YSL.

For facial care I use Vichy gel cleansing mousse, face exfoliant and toner.

Believe it or not, but the best moisturizer for both day, night & eye area is for me the very cheap Oil of Ulay. In fact I can remember both granny and mom used it, so I guess it must have survived for a reason.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Revlon Color Stay stick eyeliner, I can't live without it, it does stay on all day.
    I use some kind of cream to powder foundation made with rice, I can't think of the name of it right now, I get it at the beauty supply shop, the case is black

Hillaire

I am loyal to Christian Dior for the most part, and it does not disappoint and it is affordable; I have loved Dior ever since I fell in love with the violets flavor of their lipsticks (my mother had these) some thirty years ago!

I like the look and feel of a matching cosmetics collection. And I love the cobalt and gold packaging and the scents of the products.

I even use Dior deodorant (Miss Dior) face skincare, the Capture Totale line, though when I can afford it, I do spring for La Prairie Cellular offerings, which are my all time favorites.
    My favorite haircare brand is Pureology.

I am all over the place cosmetic brand wise. My favourite foundation is Sisley, light but covers stays true all day. T.LeClerc loose powder nothing beats it.
    The rest; Armani, Smashbox, Christopher Drummond, By Terry, Nars, Stila, YSL(love their rouge volupte lippies), Givenchy, Prescriptives(discontinued but still have lippies and palettes), Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Dior 5 eyeshadow palettes, Vincent Longo and Kevyn Aucoin. I don't do drugstore as the quality is not up to stand
    ard pigment and texture wise. Not a fan of Estee Lauder, Clinique or Elizabeth Arden.

Nails has to be Essie or OPI for me.

Haircare am loving Kevin Murphy.
    Soaps L'Occitane shea butter ones.
    Skincare mainly Elemis but also Mir Argan Oil.
    Bath and body mainly L'Occitane, Molton Brown and SpaceNK's own Life brand.

Remember you are a long time dead, so treat yourself whilst you can.
    Last edited by donna255; 18th April 2010 at 09:41 PM.
    DONNA

Favourite Drugstore Brand: Nivea

Favourite High-end Brand: Truefitt & Hill

I have a very expensive addiction to Guerlain products Amazing, amazing quality.
    I'm scared that one day Tom Ford will introduce cosmetics other than lipstick to the Tom Ford Beauty line, then I'll be broke.

la roche possay, laura mercier, avalon organics, kiss my face, VS's body wash, organix etc...

Nobody said Elizabeth Arden?

My mom use Elizabeth Arden products around 30 years.....I think that brand is a little bit under right now.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am loyal to Biotherme, good products and not very expensives
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Clarins, Sisley and Weleda for skincare.
    Clarins, Nars and Laura Mercier for makeup.

The general favourite - Chantecaille
    The best mascara - Armani EYES TO KILL
    The most beautiful Nail Polish - Сhanel
    Powder - Chantecaille
    concealer, lipstick -cle de peau
    Palette - Chantecaille

Quote Originally Posted by clubsauce View Post
    I have a very expensive addiction to Guerlain products Amazing, amazing quality.
    I'm scared that one day Tom Ford will introduce cosmetics other than lipstick to the Tom Ford Beauty line, then I'll be broke.
    Sell your home he is bringing out a full range of cosmetics. Google the beauty blogs for pics.

Elizabeth Arden no thank you. Old fashioned and very boring, I walk past and the counter never grabs my attention. They need to totally revamp the whole range. You can buy the makeup and skincare cheap online as well, always discounted.
    DONNA

As of 09/2011:
    beneFit: Dr. Feelgood
    MakeUp ForEver (MUFE): HD Foundation/Powder, Aqua Eyes Liner
    Urban Decay: Eye Shadow, 24/7 Glide-On Eye Liner
    blinc: mascara
    Estee Lauder/Bobbi Brown/MAC (esp MAC lipstick!)
    I am foodie & feminine from LUSH Snowcake to DIOR Hypontic Poison
    and
    I am fresh & masculine from CLINIQUE Happy to KENNETH COLE NEW YORK (for Men)

I adore Guerlain makeup, but I can do with Chanel, Dior, Clarins and Elizabeth Arden too. The eyeshadows of Elizabeth Arden are very rich of pigments. Shiseido and Sensai are also interesting, they has really beautiful colours in their makeup.

Every summer Elizabeth Arden releases summermakeup, and I usually buy som of them, as they are really great! This year I got an eyeshadow-palette (named "gold and lilac", 4 colours) and a rouge of minerale-pouder in apricot.
    Last edited by Margareta; 24th September 2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I have a little bit of everything in my beautycase, but if I had to name a brand with best price/quality balance, that would be Clinique.

Update: from what I know so far, in addition to Bourjois, also Vichy, Avene, Yves Rocher, Nesti Dante, Grace Cole, Alverde

Blog Entries

Janet Sartin, Face Stockholm, Fresh or Kiehl's for body products, and Phillip Kingsley for hair products, Guerlain or Laura Mercier lipstick

Basenotes Institution

I recently revamped all my make up in Chanel so that officially makes Chanel my new favorite ! Love the colors and textures. I especially love their foundation .

My best skincare combo comes from these brands

Dermalogica, Ren skincare , La Roche Posay and Rodin Olio Lusso =)

Korres

For Skincare: Joelle Ciocco, Bakel and Found - no product line has worked as well for my sensitive combination skin than these 3.

Makeup: Christopher Drummond + Serge Lutens - love both for their high quality and beautiful textures.

Haircare: Leonor Greyl + Sheabutter Cottage - amazing quality and nourishing for dry hair.

Blog Entries

Janet Sartin for skincare and foundation type makeup, and powder
    Face Stockholm, Fresh, Tarte, Laura Mercier, Mac and anything else for color
    Guerlain lipstick.

Devoted to Revlon for my lipsticks.
    Don't use a lot of eye shadow, but like EL and Lancome the most.
    Maybelline was my brand for mascara for years and years, but you now pay for a giant brush that doesn't apply very well so have switched to Lancome for my mascara. EL has good mascara, too.
    Obagi is my brand for skin care, totally the best.