Code of Conduct

Default Tam Dao & the Indian Box

Received a sample of Tam Dao today, and was instantly transported back about 45 years and a half a world away. In the early 1960's was deployed to WestPac, and stopped in at the China Fleet Club in Hong Kong. There I purchased a small sandalwood box, like one would put on the dresser to hold cuff links, coins and the like. And that was Tam Dao!! The very same scent exactly!

Default Re: Tam Dao & the Indian Box

Quote Originally Posted by john parker View Post
    Received a sample of Tam Dao today, and was instantly transported back about 45 years and a half a world away. In the early 1960's was deployed to WestPac, and stopped in at the China Fleet Club in Hong Kong. There I purchased a small sandalwood box, like one would put on the dresser to hold cuff links, coins and the like. And that was Tam Dao!! The very same scent exactly!
    Nice image, thanks for sharing that.
    I like Tam Dao very much, I'll have to get it.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Loved the story, for obvious reasons

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Good story. Tam Dao is on my wish list as well.

I love the story, too, and I want an Indian Box!

P.S. Tam Dao is also a favorite of mine; it's especially nice on my husband.

AromiErotici

I finally have sampled Tam Dao and I like it as well. I feel it's bottle worthy for sure and sooner or later I will have to get some.

Amazing how smells can take you instantly back.

It's good to hear that you are satisfied with the current version of Tam Dao, otherwise what we've heard from almost everyone is that it is just a shadow of its former self and that the drydown is mostly of cedar and not of sandalwood.

Maybe I should think of getting a full bottle too as my decant is running very low. The only thing dissuading me were the numerous posts on the tragic reformulation but it seems all hope is not lost yet.

Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo has edged out Tam Dao for me.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo has edged out Tam Dao for me.
    Interesting. I was deciding between the two and ended up going for Tam Dao - I preferred the topnotes of the Villoresi, actually, but then I preferred the basenotes of Tam Dao, so that decided it. I'm not informed enough to comment on the quality of sandalwood in Tam Dao, though I do wish its sillage and longevity were better - I think I'm going to try getting the accompanying body lotion and layering it with that to see if that boosts it. Has anyone else tried this?

Itīs my sotd. I love,love Tam Dao. I love Diptyques packaging too, with those little drawings on the bottles.
    Their bathline is great too. I bought the showergel of Tam Dao and I just couldnīt throw away the outher box (which eventualy I did ofcourse). Great line Diptyque, and they excist for so long too. One of the first niche lines.
    I canīt wear everything from them, but Tam Dao has my name written on it. I love their new Cologne line too.
    Last edited by eric; 23rd June 2009 at 07:43 PM.