Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Terre de Hermes Parfum by Hermes

The Scented Salamander reports...

'...a Terre d'Hermès extrait is in the works and it is titled Terre d'Hermès Parfum...To plan to launch a pure perfume version of the scent can be appreciated as a notable gender twist and example of forward-thinking as extraits are usually reserved for the décolletés of women in the social imagination rather than the skin under the cuffs of men...'

I think this is exciting news, as a fan of TdH.

And well, Guerlain has already released their version of Habit Rouge as a parfum, so it seems only logical for Hermes to follow suit.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Default Re: Terre de Hermes Parfum by Hermes

Count me as very excited about this news.
    Ellena is one of those who really knows how to get the most out of his compositions and doing TdH as an extrait sounds amazing.
    This is now my most anticipated scent for 2009.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I wonder how much the price will be. TdH is already quite pricey.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I wonder how much the price will be. TdH is already quite pricey.
    Not sure but I'm sure it will be similar to the prices for Hermes' other parfum concentrations (Parfum des Merveilles and Kelly Caleche parfum) which is $180 for the 7.5ml and $100 for the refill. Of course, some discounters offer these for much less.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 23rd June 2009 at 02:36 PM.

-- Eckhart Tolle

This is exciting news...however I am just a tad concerned on the pricing....Somehow I am always a bit stingy when buying extraits

Hermes certainly knows all about luxury, what a great concept (even though Guerlain beat them to it with their Habit Rouge extrait). The original TdH doesn't excite me much, but Ellena is always nudging things forward, so my fingers are crossed.
    Thanks for sharing this Mike.

I'm joining in: Very exciting indeed!

Yeh - I asked at my local Hermes tonite and they knew it was coming but no more info than that - stuff gets here pretty quickly as a rule once it hits the streets over there. I'm really intrigued to see how something with that much sparkle translates into a more concentrated medium.

The Habit Rouge Extrait didn't make it out here, unfortunately - I have been leaning heavily on our very friendly Guerlain lady to sort that one out . . .

My fear is that Hermes won't allow this one into the general retail stream - instead reserving it for the Hermes boutique sales only (similar to what they do for the Hermessence collection now). This will keep the prices high (MSRP only) and will limit it availability...

Teddius

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Hermes certainly knows all about luxury, what a great concept (even though Guerlain beat them to it with their Habit Rouge extrait). The original TdH doesn't excite me much, but Ellena is always nudging things forward, so my fingers are crossed.
    Thanks for sharing this Mike.
    I agree Ruggles.

I can't take credit for finding the article - actually NEoTY26 posted about it on the Terre de Hermes EdP thread and I thought this news deserved it's own thread.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wow.... I'm with SMM and mikeperez excited for this one. I like TdH, but the notion of its structure in a different concentration is very interesting to me. I assume that the pricing will be along the lines of the new Kelly Caleche parfum, but hey sometimes special items cost money. Eventually it will filter down to discounters, as Merveilles did and KC is starting to. On a side note if anyone still has a source for Parfum de Merevilles refills please please PM me. I went to backup my dwindling bottle recently only to find the two sources I knew were sold out.

Hermes usually creates special bottles for the parfums - I'm curious what they'll do for TdH (and whether it will be worth doubling the cost).

If the extrait is going to lack the sneeze/headache inducing sharpness of the EDT I might be tempted to give it a try!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Personally, I would have prefered an EdP, but this should be interesting...

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Teddius View Post
    My fear is that Hermes won't allow this one into the general retail stream - instead reserving it for the Hermes boutique sales only (similar to what they do for the Hermessence collection now). This will keep the prices high (MSRP only) and will limit it availability...

Teddius
    This would not surprise me.......
    Last edited by petruccijc; 23rd June 2009 at 03:44 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Marie_Helene at The Scented Salamander has been updating the original link all day if you looked at it earlier it has much more to read now.
    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...20_2.html#more
    Including that it will be released in August and released in a wide fashion to all Hermes stockists. Also the price is going to be extremely reasonable at 80 euros for 75mL.
    This is going to be a huge release.
    Let's hope it lives up to the anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Marie_Helene at The Scented Salamander has been updating the original link all day if you looked at it earlier it has much more to read now.
    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...20_2.html#more
    Including that it will be released in August and released in a wide fashion to all Hermes stockists. Also the price is going to be extremely reasonable at 80 euros for 75mL.
    This is going to be a huge release.
    Let's hope it lives up to the anticipation
    I'm confused...

I always thought that extraits came in very small amounts and were meant to be dabbed on. Isn't 75ml a lot for an extrait? How does one even apply an extrait? Wouldn't 75ml be more in line for an EdP than an extrait?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I'm confused...

I always thought that extraits came in very small amounts and were meant to be dabbed on. Isn't 75ml a lot for an extrait? How does one even apply an extrait? Wouldn't 75ml be more in line for an EdP than an extrait?
    Go to the link and read the article. She actually addresses those same issues and I think she has an interesting and perhaps accurate analysis of the packaging of this by Hermes and Ellena.
    The idea that Guerlain and Hermes are trying to make men comfortable with using extrait is a fascinating hypothesis.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Terre de Hermes Parfum by Hermes

Jean Claude Ellena is "The Man". I am looking forward to this purchase.

Terre d'Hermès EdP: Not 50% but 150% Iso E Super.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Terre d'Hermès EdP: Not 50% but 150% Iso E Super.

Actually though, I bet they are greatly reducing the amount of IES in it to conform with the (upcoming) IFRA regulations on it. I hope so, anyway.

The article mentioned a shiso note and other citrus and mint in the top, a more prominent (but not heavy) flint note, and more woods in the base. I'm actually excited to try this, despite not getting along with the original.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

Actually though, I bet they are greatly reducing the amount of IES in it to conform with the (upcoming) IFRA regulations on it. I hope so, anyway.

The article mentioned a shiso note and other citrus and mint in the top, a more prominent (but not heavy) flint note, and more woods in the base. I'm actually excited to try this, despite not getting along with the original.
    Terre d'Hermes EDT will not be affected by the IFRA regulations. This was confirmed by Ellena recently in an interview. I read it here on basenotes but haven't found the link yet. Although it contains a good bit, it is safely way under the IFRA limit according to him. Sorry to bust your bubble.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 24th June 2009 at 12:35 PM.

Sur la Plage

I can see how this will excite perfumistas and colognoisseurs, like ourselves. But not so sure how it will fare with the casual fragrance shopper - since they say they are going to carry it at all Hermes stockists. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sounds like the sort of thing that will appeal to scent-people like us. Even at the very reasonable price point mentioned (which is what? About $120ish?) the casual consumer picking off the shelf isn't going to but it when the EDT is available for around 1/3 the price. Regardless, I'm giddy.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I'm confused...

You'd apply this just as you would the EdT - although more sparingly since the higher concentration of oils makes it unnecessary to over apply.

I'm glad to see that the TdH perfume is going to be in an atomizer. If I remember correctly so is the Habit Rouge extrait and, of course, the perfume strength Nasomotto line.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Question Re: Terre de Hermes Parfum by Hermes

Has anybody gotten their hands on this yet? I see the Hermes online store has it, but no one else in the USA has it (far as I know). Anyone who has tried it, what do you think?

I love TdH, so I am very excited about this, whether I can afford it or not is another matter, lol.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    Has anybody gotten their hands on this yet? I see the Hermes online store has it, but no one else in the USA has it (far as I know). Anyone who has tried it, what do you think?
    It's at Nordstroms... it's really nice. Very smooth. The 'tinny' sort of vibe in the EdT is gone and the notes seem far more harmonious. The sillage is about the same but progression is slower. Lasted forever on my arm. Also, to the extent that there is an obvious Iso-E-Super presence in the EdT it is not obvious in the parfum.

I'll definitely buy it but may just wait until the discounters get their hands on it. At Nordstroms it's $108/75ml before tax.... I'm sure in a few months it will be available for less online.

sorry for this stupid question, but what is the difference between this and the normal EdT?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    sorry for this stupid question, but what is the difference between this and the normal EdT?
    The 'parfum' concentration of a fragrance is the most concentrated with perfume oil, with the next least concentated being Eau de Parfum, then Eau de Toilette, then Eau de Cologne. Often houses will alter the formulas in different concentrations, both to present a new interpretation of the scent and/or because a fragrance won't smell right if originally designed in a certain concentration.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    I got it at Nordstrom (I had a gift card to use) and absolutely love it!