Code of Conduct

Default Any Fans of "Atlantic," by Strange Invisible Perfumes

I got a sample coming in, along with a ton of others, and I think this is the one I'm most intrigued by.

But there is relatively little about it on the internet, other than the occasional rave review.

Anybody have experience with Atlantic?

Care to expound?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Any Fans of "Atlantic," by Strange Invisible Perfumes

The notes: Siamese benzoin, Australian sandalwood, Lavender, Jamaican bay rum, English peppermint, Key lime,Indian frankincense.

Lavender leads but I keep getting an overall leather scent weaving in and out of the mix. If you try hard you can discern each ingredient. This settles down to the main score- a delicious melody. Finally all ingredients playing on the same page. This is not any one note dominating fragrance. The typical fragrance pyramid does not apply either. The English peppermint seems to hold the whole arrangement together but does not totally dominate. This is one well balanced and thought out fragrance. The quality of ingredients above reproach. The drydown is a beautiful blend of the sandalwood and frankincense. A splendid balance. As with all Alexandra's perfumes you are transported into a whole other world of perfumery. The difference between mass marketed scents and smaller perfumers is nothing short of stunning.

I found this in the reviews!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: Any Fans of "Atlantic," by Strange Invisible Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    The notes: Siamese benzoin, Australian sandalwood, Lavender, Jamaican bay rum, English peppermint, Key lime,Indian frankincense.

Lavender leads but I keep getting an overall leather scent weaving in and out of the mix. If you try hard you can discern each ingredient. This settles down to the main score- a delicious melody. Finally all ingredients playing on the same page. This is not any one note dominating fragrance. The typical fragrance pyramid does not apply either. The English peppermint seems to hold the whole arrangement together but does not totally dominate. This is one well balanced and thought out fragrance. The quality of ingredients above reproach. The drydown is a beautiful blend of the sandalwood and frankincense. A splendid balance. As with all Alexandra's perfumes you are transported into a whole other world of perfumery. The difference between mass marketed scents and smaller perfumers is nothing short of stunning.

I found this in the reviews!

Thanks!

The note pyramid is really cool. I'd love to see if they actually come through in the fragrance.