Code of Conduct

Default "Suivez-Moi" by Fragonard: suggestions?

At first glance, the name of this scent seems very feminine--I had to double-take! "Suivez-Moi"--"follow me." It infers a woman who is a coquette. The company seems to infer the "coquet"--the male equivalent--a word we rarely hear today. (Think "young (coq) rooster" will all the attitude.)

There are only six reviews of this in the archives: three positive, one neutral, one negative. it seems like a split.

I can see the inspiration: a man so confident in his masculinity that he is an outrageous flirt, turning his head over a broad shoulder and throwing a wink, beckoning/daring the woman of his attentions to follow him. The sillage must be fantastic with a name like that. (BTW, IMHO, there is nothing more attractive to a peahen than a peacock in full tail-fan. He is displaying for the girls and not abashed at all about being a male!

The notes of Suivez-Moi are: bergamot, sweet lime, lavender and vanilla. It sounds like a real classic scent for men. (He already wears Arome Trois.)

I am looking for a new scent for an anniversary gift for my husband. I like citrus-y scents and he will wear what his peahen finds attractive.

Any suggestions? Otherwise, I might just settle for something safe like Allure Homme.

OTOH, has anyone (a man) tried Victoria's Secret Parfums Intimes Lace/Orange Flower EDP? It is relatively inexpensive for 1.7 ounces (about $55 USD) and smells like a unisex eau fraiche: orange flower, osmanthus, grapefruit, "watery dewdrops."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: "Suivez-Moi" by Fragonard: suggestions?

I like Suivez Moi it smells very much like Le Male. Most of Fragonard's scents imitate common designer scents (Galimard is like that as well with their scents). Molinard is the trendsetter out of the "big Grasse 3." Molinard's Nirmala actually pre-dates Mugler's Angel.

- Al

Thank you for the input.

I don't have experience with Fragonard and I only wore Molinard de Molinard many years ago. (Molinard still have the pretty Lalique bottles. Or at least they look like Lalique...)

Hmmm...I may have to just buy Allure Homme, since I have not located Suivez-Moi and would be buying online sight-unseen by description only. At least now I know what it mist smell like.

Thanks again.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with Allure Homme, but I have several picked out for the hubby that are really good! Do you have a price in mind?

Thank you for the response, Kumquat. I am thinking of spending less than $150 USD seeing that the economy is limiting what we spend on luxe items.

I may still spritz hubby on getting out of the shower with Victoria's Secret Lace/Orange Flower and gauge his response. It really smells like an eau fraiche.

Blog Entries

Is he not in the habit of wearing fragrance? Is this a conversion?

I am trying to convert him! He uses Opium pour Homme when we go out or attend events. I know he tries hard for me!

Blog Entries

Opium! that's kind of powerful for the Summer.

The first thing is you should get him smtg you like. Don't buy blind. $150 is a nice perfume. It should be smtg good! There are some btfl things to smell. You don't want to get stuck w/one neither of you like.

Blog Entries

I just want to add, if you have an idea what kind of scents you like, maybe I or anyone here can point you in the direction of something to try.

Thank you again for the post.

He *did* like the sample of Allure Homme I brought home and asked if it was one of *my* new perfumes! Then I sprayed it on him and he seemed to like it.

Chanel Allure Homme (in the archives) looks like a really "safe scent" but not too unique. I want something that will be unique and not what young men en masse are wearing as the latest scent du jour.

I might be stuck with Allure, however. Actually, the Opium pour Homme as an EDT is not too bad. He tends to like citrus or woody--he does not want to smell like a bay leaf!
    Last edited by Primrose; 27th June 2009 at 03:12 AM.