Code of Conduct

Default Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche/Pamplemousse Rose on eBay!!

A crop of the stuff has appeared on US eBay--get it if you've been holding it off because of the price at the boutique. I was crazy enough to buy a bottle at Hermes, but I love Gentiane Blanche enough to have an extra bottle to stash...especially when I can get it about half the price!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche/Pamplemousse Rose on eBay!!

They are on discount retailers also: http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...for-women-3602
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thje gentian is ok, but I thaught the Pampelmousse rose was one of Dude's weaker eforts. It basically smells like cheap artificially flavored Grapefruit soda and the rose scent used in handsoaps. Ellena, by volume is certain to have his successes and failues, and this, I think, ranked far below the quality of most other Hermes' scents. Beautiful bottles though.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was fast - is it because of the recession ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Thje gentian is ok, but I thaught the Pampelmousse rose was one of Dude's weaker eforts. It basically smells like cheap artificially flavored Grapefruit soda and the rose scent used in handsoaps. Ellena, by volume is certain to have his successes and failues, and this, I think, ranked far below the quality of most other Hermes' scents. Beautiful bottles though.
    My only qualm about Gentiane is that it is very quiet and need to spray about 14 times to get a reasonable aura of the fragrance surrounding me. I think this line is only about smelling fresh and clean and nothing about being perfumey.

Pamplemousse Rose is just too sharp in the beginning for my tastes. I heard it is the shorter lived of the two.

By far IMO I think all of Ellena's scents have a quality and ingenuity to them, albeit some of them end up smelling strange but undoubtedly all understated. Such is Hermes. He definitely needs to work on a leather scent soon!

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome news! Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    My only qualm about Gentiane is that it is very quiet and need to spray about 14 times to get a reasonable aura of the fragrance surrounding me. I think this line is only about smelling fresh and clean and nothing about being perfumey.
    So fickle are the olfactory receptors! For me, this one has a couple of very sharp notes (which I love) which last all day long, with 1-2 sprays, 3-4 if I want to push it. I agree about the fresh and clean, but for me, it nearly gets into perfumey.

Pamplemousse Rose is just too sharp in the beginning for my tastes. I heard it is the shorter lived of the two.!
    I also get the mild longevity, but the beginning really works for me, with no sharpness whatsoever. And unlike Dullah's case, I get a very, very nice grapefruit note. Again, it's just my olfactory luck. My wife loves this, too. Grapefruit Ikebana!

By far IMO I think all of Ellena's scents have a quality and ingenuity to them, albeit some of them end up smelling strange but undoubtedly all understated. Such is Hermes. He definitely needs to work on a leather scent soon!
    Ditteaux!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    So fickle are the olfactory receptors!
    You're right--I think I am anosmic to musk notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I also get the mild longevity, but the beginning really works for me, with no sharpness whatsoever. And unlike Dullah's case, I get a very, very nice grapefruit note.
    On the other hand, I am sensitive to sharp and bitter notes! Grapefruit Ikebana was too much!
    Last edited by iMaverick; 25th June 2009 at 01:40 AM.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Now I might be able to afford to snag some of the Eau de Pamplemousse Rose before my summer vacation!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Just got mine in--box was not cello wrapped, but the bottle wasn't sprayed to test or anything like that. I don't think it's a tester either. Same batch code as my retail bottle.

I just realized this edc has a pricey retail probably because they use the same fancy heavy duty type box they use for their shoes and bags. Argh!

Comes from California, BTW.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 25th June 2009 at 09:14 PM.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!