Code of Conduct

Default SUMMER FRAGS- VERSACE Eau Fraiche vs. Pour Homme

Which of these two Versace fragrances do you think is better for guys in the summer and why?
    I like both but some people seem to really love Eau Fraiche while hating Pour Homme. What are the differences and what is your opinion??

Default Re: SUMMER FRAGS- VERSACE Eau Fraiche vs. Pour Homme

Eau Fraiche is Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue for Women with a bit of starfruit in the topnotes. The license was sold when it was expiring for D&G. If you want to smell like a few million teenage girls, go right ahead.

Pour Homme is a classy, sexy fragrance. It builds on the fresh aquatic woody basis not unlike that found in Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Pour Homme is a bit more herbal than AHS, with less musk and no tonka.
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

Sur la Plage

I think either can be used for summer. Wear whatever YOU like.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Personally, I would choose neither; but if I had to I would pick Pour Homme.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Versace Pour Homme for me. Its a bit more mature and sexier than the fruity Eau Fraiche. Although EF isn't too shabby either.

I like both ..... i currently have Eau Fraiche but i would wear PH these days for a change
    Last edited by ausamamira; 25th June 2009 at 04:56 AM.

I'd go with Eau Fraiche... I like the fruitiness to it. Pour Homme I think is just boring.

Eau Fraiche for me! It's a fun, light, upbeat fragrance. Pour Homme is alright too, but I just don't find it as appealing as Eau Fraiche.

Sokkou is right, it is very similar to D&G Light Blue for women, but they gave it a more masculine metallic edge. Light Blue was always unisex to my nose, and it always smelled so good to me, so a male marketed version was more acceptable to my male ego when I first started this fragrance hobby.

Honestly though, if you like both, get both! They're different enough to have both in your collection! .

I absolutely love Eau Fraiche. To me its the perfect summer frag. Light and fruity with a masculine edge, great sillage and staying power on me.

I'm not taking anything away from Pour Homme though, its still a very good scent in my eyes.

I have Eau Fraiche and I love it but it seems a bit hollow. I didn't give Pour Homme a proper try yet so I can't really say anything about that. As everyone else says, it's your choice. Everyone has their own taste